As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Here I go again (not with August though, thank GOD).

Here's a WWYD....

Currently booked in a business class room at CSR for 8 days in October for F&W. As much as we do like CSR, it wasn't our first choice as we prefer to be in one of the Epcot resorts for F&W, however, friends of ours are joining us this trip and no matter how much we tried, they couldn't see the value in staying at an Epcot resort during F&W...ugh!! Mind you, they've only been to Disney once, many years ago and stayed offsite so they honestly have no clue. DH & I talked about booking the Beach Club for ourselves but when we told them, the wife, who happens to be my best friend since childhood, wasn't happy and gave us the guilt trip about not staying at the same resort. Not wanting to ruin our friendship, I caved in and booked CSR as well (These rooms were booked before the new year).

A few months back, DH & I started talking about a possible split stay since they leave 4 days before we do and planned to move the day they leave...well, I haven't been able to get a single room anywhere in the Epcot area and I have been trying daily since February. Today, I did find out that we can get a room at the Swan for our last 4 days thru a TA but it's going to cost over $600 more than our current ressie at CSR and we'll have to pay to get back to the airport on our checkout day since there's no Magical Express at the Swan. Not sure what to do? I know nothing about the Swan, never stayed there, not even sure if it's worth the extra $600. DH thinks yes, because we'll at least be in our desired location but honestly I'm not so sure. All I know is that I have been checking the resorts daily for the last 3 months and nothing has opened up in the Epcot area at all. I'm starting to feel that nothing is going to open up there and even if I do get lucky, I hardly doubt there will be any sort of discount, given that folks must be booking at rack rate since there's been no discounts at all for October!

So.....WWYD??

Here's a WWYD....

Currently booked in a business class room at CSR for 8 days in October for F&W. As much as we do like CSR, it wasn't our first choice as we prefer to be in one of the Epcot resorts for F&W, however, friends of ours are joining us this trip and no matter how much we tried, they couldn't see the value in staying at an Epcot resort during F&W...ugh!! Mind you, they've only been to Disney once, many years ago and stayed offsite so they honestly have no clue. DH & I talked about booking the Beach Club for ourselves but when we told them, the wife, who happens to be my best friend since childhood, wasn't happy and gave us the guilt trip about not staying at the same resort. Not wanting to ruin our friendship, I caved in and booked CSR as well (These rooms were booked before the new year).

A few months back, DH & I started talking about a possible split stay since they leave 4 days before we do and planned to move the day they leave...well, I haven't been able to get a single room anywhere in the Epcot area and I have been trying daily since February. Today, I did find out that we can get a room at the Swan for our last 4 days thru a TA but it's going to cost over $600 more than our current ressie at CSR and we'll have to pay to get back to the airport on our checkout day since there's no Magical Express at the Swan. Not sure what to do? I know nothing about the Swan, never stayed there, not even sure if it's worth the extra $600. DH thinks yes, because we'll at least be in our desired location but honestly I'm not so sure. All I know is that I have been checking the resorts daily for the last 3 months and nothing has opened up in the Epcot area at all. I'm starting to feel that nothing is going to open up there and even if I do get lucky, I hardly doubt there will be any sort of discount, given that folks must be booking at rack rate since there's been no discounts at all for October!

So.....WWYD??
What would I do......hmmmmm
To me when I was with hubby, it was ALL about location! We stayed at gf for F&W and it was kind of a pain, we kept saying I wish we were at BC or BWI. For F&G being at BWI was sheer perfection. I think....only an assumption and maybe a wee bit of information (unconfirmed) that with the upcoming YC refurb possibly starting in August that there are many rooms out of inventory temporarily hopefully. That said Epcot books up quick for F&W. Sooooo I would check for an agency exclusive with the TA which cannot be named (no clue on their October discounts) or orbitz or even DVC rentals. Also swan and dolphin look nice for sure! Our past trip our flight to Orlando was delayed and there was no budging our DME pickup time, so IMO having to take a taxi or towncar wouldn't be a negative ;) let us know what you decide!!!!

Here's a WWYD....

So.....WWYD??

I know that the Swan & Dolphin have great location but I just have ZERO desire to stay there for any reason really. I personally would keep CSR and keep checking for YC or BC to open up.

Oh, and when we wake up tomorrow, we are 1 DAY AWAY from our trip!!!

DH and I are off tomorrow and getting all of our last minute junk taken care of. We are all sooooooo ready for vacation!!! :cloud9:

I know that the Swan & Dolphin have great location but I just have ZERO desire to stay there for any reason really. I personally would keep CSR and keep checking for YC or BC to open up.

That's pretty much what my DH is saying!!! I could just kick myself though for not securing a room at the BC/YC when I had the chance but I guess that's what I get for allowing someone else to dictate where to stay. NEVER again will we plan around others...lesson learned for me!

DH and I are off tomorrow and getting all of our last minute junk taken care of. We are all sooooooo ready for vacation!!! :cloud9:

Hope you have an amazing time!!!

AWESOME! Safe travels, have a blast!!! :hug:

That's pretty much what my DH is saying!!! I could just kick myself though for not securing a room at the BC/YC when I had the chance but I guess that's what I get for allowing someone else to dictate where to stay. NEVER again will we plan around others...lesson learned for me!
It happens and it's happened to me.... and there can be plenty of availability opening up, especially those last few weeks :)

AWESOME! Safe travels, have a blast!!! :hug:

It happens and it's happened to me.... and there can be plenty of availability opening up, especially those last few weeks :)

Thanks for that! I have to stop myself from obsessing so much. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully something will open up

Thanks for that! I have to stop myself from obsessing so much. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully something will open up
It's just that we want the perfect trip, so there's that second guessing. I am so easily persuaded by pictures, I've looked up Poly availability this morning. I have the absolutely perfect resort that everyone is happy with, yet I keep looking. Yep...I am hopeless

Joining the group! I'm a frequent resort changer! Lol
Currently were booked 1 night at the Poly CL, then moving to the GF for 6 nights.

Do I keep poly CL for just one night or move to the BC standard view for possibly 1-2 nights?
We're arriving around noon and like the idea of using the lounge in case our room isn't ready, but is that worth the price of CL?

Joining the group! I'm a frequent resort changer! Lol
Currently were booked 1 night at the Poly CL, then moving to the GF for 6 nights.

Do I keep poly CL for just one night or move to the BC standard view for possibly 1-2 nights?
We're arriving around noon and like the idea of using the lounge in case our room isn't ready, but is that worth the price of CL?
Keep the Poly :)

Just kidding (no not really), I recently changed my trip to Poly CL so I am a little biased. I love BC, so arriving at noon, and swimming all day plus the BW and Epcot walk.

Worth the price? IMO CL is not worth it based on the lounge alone, especially since at noon you can sit and chill there, but the good snacks are breakfast and the evening. Since you'll be at GF you have a whole vacation to enjoy the MK resort side. It would be worth it to be on the Epcot side for 2 nights over one CL night.

That said, if you just want to try Poly CL, why not? It depends what you are looking to do that one night, but there is SO much to do on the Epcot side that an Epcot/MK resort switch gets a thumbs up from me :) Any possibility of 6 nights GF and Poly CL the last evening? Just a thought

So, I've been in and out, not really planning but planning, know what I mean? Of COURSE you all know exactly what I mean. So FINALLY...I have a legit ticker that represents our upcoming trip. I have to confess though....I do not have a resort-based ticker. I have changed my Resort Res three times today alone. Much worse, it was for the same resort, different rooms, different dining, different tickets...AND...this is the absolute worst part, I have three different confirmation numbers for the same trip. I called, booked, hung up, looked, found a better deal, called again, they couldn't find the deal I found so I booked it on my laptop, they cancelled old reservation and I went to bed. When I came home from work, I "checked" to see if there was a better deal, found one, called, they couldn't find the deal I had on my laptop, I booked ANOTHER time, and they cancelled the second reservation. This third reservation was exactly like the first one but at a better price......don't ask, I don't know why. I saved a truck load of money which I then put back into the trip by booking the Platinum Dining with all of the tours, booked a facial, a massage, a carriage ride and cirque du soleil, cancelled Platinum dining and the tours, massages, etc. and came immediately over here for support....:faint::grouphug: My goal was to book Poly. This is our 25th wedding anniversary and we went to Hawaii for our anniversary. With my oldest DS in college, we are on a limited budget. So, I booked what I could, AKL. We have to go in July instead of August since my DS (15) will be away at football camp. This is the only way we can have an Adult Anniversary Trip :cloud9:. Tried to sneak in the Platinum but instead opted for regular DDP. (may upgrade to DXDP). It costs less if we do DXDP and just book Cirque Du Soleil. Whew.... Glad I got that out. Thanks for not judging my cha cha changing. Off to check the site to see if there are any Poly, late-night deals. I'll be back tomorrow to keep you all posted. I'm baaaacckkkk.

So, I've been in and out, not really planning but planning, know what I mean? Of COURSE you all know exactly what I mean. So FINALLY...I have a legit ticker that represents our upcoming trip. I have to confess though....I do not have a resort-based ticker. I have changed my Resort Res three times today alone. Much worse, it was for the same resort, different rooms, different dining, different tickets...AND...this is the absolute worst part, I have three different confirmation numbers for the same trip. I called, booked, hung up, looked, found a better deal, called again, they couldn't find the deal I found so I booked it on my laptop, they cancelled old reservation and I went to bed. When I came home from work, I "checked" to see if there was a better deal, found one, called, they couldn't find the deal I had on my laptop, I booked ANOTHER time, and they cancelled the second reservation. This third reservation was exactly like the first one but at a better price......don't ask, I don't know why. I saved a truck load of money which I then put back into the trip by booking the Platinum Dining with all of the tours, booked a facial, a massage, a carriage ride and cirque du soleil, cancelled Platinum dining and the tours, massages, etc. and came immediately over here for support....:faint::grouphug: My goal was to book Poly. This is our 25th wedding anniversary and we went to Hawaii for our anniversary. With my oldest DS in college, we are on a limited budget. So, I booked what I could, AKL. We have to go in July instead of August since my DS (15) will be away at football camp. This is the only way we can have an Adult Anniversary Trip :cloud9:. Tried to sneak in the Platinum but instead opted for regular DDP. (may upgrade to DXDP). It costs less if we do DXDP and just book Cirque Du Soleil. Whew.... Glad I got that out. Thanks for not judging my cha cha changing. Off to check the site to see if there are any Poly, late-night deals. I'll be back tomorrow to keep you all posted. I'm baaaacckkkk.
We are at Poly too!!!!!!! We aren't there until July 28....we made many many many well I made many changes

So happy to see you back :hug: have you checked out the magical deals from the agency that cannot be spoken of? I know there's a poly deal from mid July and I feel like there's AP rates for July I could check for you of course. The AP isn't cheap, but if you get the memory maker and a discount perhaps it would be justified:) we love that Disney math!!!

And judge you?? No way girlfriend you are worshipped here Step!!!

I am having a real hard time not looking at the Disney website and thinking "I could switch to.....it is only this much more." Right now after switching about 5 times are back where I started at POR, but still not quite sure I want to be there. The one positive thing is that our reservation is paid in full right now if we don't switch. But the idea of trying a deluxe is so tempting! We have some extra money coming in this month and could swing GF (which would be about $1700 more for full trip), or BWI or BWV for about $775 more for full trip. Then throw either BC or OKW into the mix and I am so confused! Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! We are going in July and are a family of 5.

I am having a real hard time not looking at the Disney website and thinking "I could switch to.....it is only this much more." Right now after switching about 5 times are back where I started at POR, but still not quite sure I want to be there. The one positive thing is that our reservation is paid in full right now if we don't switch. But the idea of trying a deluxe is so tempting! We have some extra money coming in this month and could swing GF (which would be about $1700 more for full trip), or BWI or BWV for about $775 more for full trip. Then throw either BC or OKW into the mix and I am so confused! Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! We are going in July and are a family of 5.

Lord knows I can't help you as I'm still struggling myself but I do feel your pain :upsidedow.

Currently we're still at CSR business class for our entire time in October but I soooo badly want to be in the Epcot area since it will only be DH & I for F&W. If I split our stay with the Swan (that's the only resort I can currently get), I'm looking at about $600 more, not bad I keep telling myself. But, with my youngest DD graduating high school this year and all the expenses coming with that and now having two kids in college... I'm feeling GUILTY about spending the extra $$. DH keeps telling me I will regret not pulling the trigger and splitting the stay and I know he's right. I really need to be put out of my misery :sad2:.

Do it....Do it...Do it..... As you know, our advice is always to cha cha change. Change is good. My favorite resort is Yacht Club. I just love it, from the smell to the decor and pool to the location. The pool alone is worth the upgrade. OKW, not so much unless you want more space. If you are a family of 5, OKW may be the answer. A 1br is quite large. I would say that you can't go wrong in any of the Boardwalk area resorts (BWI, BWV, YC, BC)

Do it....Do it...Do it..... As you know, our advice is always to cha cha change. Change is good. My favorite resort is Yacht Club. I just love it, from the smell to the decor and pool to the location. The pool alone is worth the upgrade. OKW, not so much unless you want more space. If you are a family of 5, OKW may be the answer. A 1br is quite large. I would say that you can't go wrong in any of the Boardwalk area resorts (BWI, BWV, YC, BC)

I am really tempted to the Boardwalk Inn or Villa as they would be the cheapest option, but the GF looks wonderful and being able to stay next to Magic Kingdom and the Monorail would be awesome.

BWI is amazing!! Is BC available?? Location location location. BWI has the 2 queens and day beds and BC has SAB LOVE BC! OKW is very pretty, but location for me trumps it. I do love GF however for $1000 difference I'd choose an EPCOT resort. Plus walking to two parks trumps the monorail all day every day. POR does look pretty, but I am a deluxe brat, and not a huge internal bus fan (which POR and OKW) both have.

Lord knows I can't help you as I'm still struggling myself but I do feel your pain :upsidedow.

Currently we're still at CSR business class for our entire time in October but I soooo badly want to be in the Epcot area since it will only be DH & I for F&W. If I split our stay with the Swan (that's the only resort I can currently get), I'm looking at about $600 more, not bad I keep telling myself. But, with my youngest DD graduating high school this year and all the expenses coming with that and now having two kids in college... I'm feeling GUILTY about spending the extra $$. DH keeps telling me I will regret not pulling the trigger and splitting the stay and I know he's right. I really need to be put out of my misery :sad2:.
Switch, you know you want to... :) I really am thinking an EPCOT resort will open up. You deserve it! F&W and Epcot, perfect ;)

Yes, change enabling, it's our THANG! I'm definitely a believer in those Epcot resorts!!

I am really tempted to the Boardwalk Inn or Villa as they would be the cheapest option, but the GF looks wonderful and being able to stay next to Magic Kingdom and the Monorail would be awesome.
I am in the minority, but I don't like the monorail. I like to look at it, but not ride it. However, the boat from GF I love! And the castle. If it were a choice between GF and BWI, honestly I'd pick BWI. And the villas, some are refurbed!!

Pas...really leaning toward BW. Is there one you prefer? Villa or Inn? Right now can get either for the same price

Pas...really leaning toward BW. Is there one you prefer? Villa or Inn? Right now can get either for the same price
I've never stayed at the villas, I stayed there at BWI CL last month. If I had to choose between a regular room and a 1 BR villa, villa all the way! King bed, extra space, kitchen, w/d. if it's between a studio and a villa it's a draw. There is something about BWI that is very chill, lots of places to decompress and relax. It's very ahhhhhhhhhh :)

Ok so I did it! I changed again! We are now booked at BWV Standard View Studio! The little kitchenette sold me on the Villa side compared to the Inn side. Now the only thing that may change for our trip will be maybe adding the dining plan. I have quite a few character dinners scheduled and if we stay with what I have, we will save some money by adding it. 66 more days until we set foot at BWV!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter