As God is my witness, I'll never complain about Member services again!

eliza61

DIS Veteran
Mini break down occuring here.

I have been on the phone for 75 minutes with some guy in India, whose name I cannot pronounce trying to get some Tech support for my HP desktop.
If they transfer me to another person who wants to verify my email address, I'm going to stick my dvc pin through my throat.

Member service is looking mighty good, right about now!

:rotfl2:

Membership is Magical:wizard:

If DVC ever moves MS overseas, I am sooooo outta here!

That's a very creative use for a member pin:scared1:

Great Post :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Helps keep things in perspetive as people sometimes complain about little things with MS.
I think you need to carefully select your pin. Perhaps, an
"I Know A Secret" pin.:lmao: :lmao:

Eliza, I've said it before, I'll say it again:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You do have a way with words:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

If you enjoyed that, you might enjoy this drama that played out for me with outsource customer service with United Airlines. I posted this on my pre-trip report:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18490860&postcount=39

I feel your pain. ;)

Consider yourself lucky. Imagine getting on the plane taking off and when you get to cruising altitude you hear this on the intercom

"Good afternoon this is your capt speaking. We will be flying at 30,000 feet today and expect to arrive on time. For those of you who are nervous about flying, relaxe. You are flying on the most advanced plane ever built. It has been determined that all accidents are caused by human error. Therefore everything on this plane is computerized. Even me your computerized captain. Nothing can go wrong. So sit back and enjoy your flight, your flight, your flight, your flight."

Oh, you are so right:thumbsup2
Anytime I have ever had any problem w/computer, internet access, my laptop, etc, it is always an hour long conversation w/someone I can't understand.:surfweb:

Just another comment about the subject.

I can't figure out what irritates me more. Trying to communicate my problem to someone who does not understand me or me them, or getting so angry at myself for getting angry at someone who is so nice. They are so polite and nice. Makes me feel bad! :sad2:

I have an HP too, and have had many conversations with "Ken" in India. :sad2: It drives me absolutely nuts how many times they have to ask your e-mail. That and telling you "thank you" a dozen times. It's ridiculous. All I want is my computer fixed, cut the crap.

Yes, Member Services is much better, however, recently I've encountered a number of CM's who speak English as a second language. Making myself understood was a challenge at times.

I had the exact same thing happen saturday. Bought an HP 6130 (typing now on it) and a 1907 flat screen. Had it all set up at Best Buy but took the monitor home as they requested-you guessed it-the monitor needed to be set up for higher resolution and the disk would not read, oh you need one thats supports Vista-then good pal- etc etc.

India (HP) was no help so I finally figured it out through the internet. Looks great now but I know what you mean.

I schedule these calls for lunch or dinner time so I can do something enjoyable while I listen to the nonsense...
I activated a new cerdit card was on hold for 10 minutes I was welcomed and he went through a 10 minutes thing about credit gurad.. NO THANK YOU he reapets the whole thing.. NO THANK YOU sir why are you holding yourself back NO THANK YOU let me go over this agiain.. he repeats himself... NO THANK YOU after about 30 minutes he gave up.. I had a nice dinner watching TV :happytv: just did not feel like being rude that night...
Sorry and GOOD LUCK!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter