Arriving early- staying in studio- but not really

deltapilotwife

Mouseketeer
Couldn't figure out a good title for this...trying to figure out what to do to save time & $$.

Traveling with DD3 and my parents in December. We are all flying together on Saturday but DD3 is staying with my parents Saturday night at BCV Studio while DH and I get a car and head to Cocoa Beach to run the Space Coast 1/2 Marathon Sunday morning. We'll then come right back to BCV and check into our own 1 bedroom for 3 nights.

Was going to rent a car for the whole time, but that means a big car b/c of # of people and I only need it for 1 day. Renting for part of the time from the airport means travel time to and from airport mid trip.

Was thinking we could all take Magical express and get them settled then rent car from Dolphin, but DH and I couldn't get on bus b/c it's a day early.

I could put DH and I on the studio reservation to get ME but can I put DD on as well or is that over the capacity? Will they let her on the buss if the rest of us have reservations?

any thoughts?

Thanks!

That's probably the "not really" part of OPs title....2 of them will be in Cocoa Beach. Some of the equation will also depend on whether or not your parents intend to take DD to the parks...no FP for her possibly, for one day. I'd put yourselves on the reservation to get there, then rent car from Dolphin. The next day she'll be on your reservation anyway.

Couldn't figure out a good title for this...trying to figure out what to do to save time & $$.

Traveling with DD3 and my parents in December. We are all flying together on Saturday but DD3 is staying with my parents Saturday night at BCV Studio while DH and I get a car and head to Cocoa Beach to run the Space Coast 1/2 Marathon Sunday morning. We'll then come right back to BCV and check into our own 1 bedroom for 3 nights.

Was going to rent a car for the whole time, but that means a big car b/c of # of people and I only need it for 1 day. Renting for part of the time from the airport means travel time to and from airport mid trip.

Was thinking we could all take Magical express and get them settled then rent car from Dolphin, but DH and I couldn't get on bus b/c it's a day early.

I could put DH and I on the studio reservation to get ME but can I put DD on as well or is that over the capacity? Will they let her on the buss if the rest of us have reservations?

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Why not pick-up a car from Alamo at MCO and then return it on Monday at the Dolphin? It actually prices out considerably less than round-trip rental at MCO. This will definitely save you time and $$.

You could even send your luggage via DME with your family and just take what you need to Cocoa Beach in carry-ons. Just ask for extra DME tags for your parents studio reservation.

I would send grands and kiddo on the bus, and you guys get the rental from MCO. Return it to wherever makes sense; you could even return it on your way back from Cocoa, and take ME in to WDW to rejoin family. (though of course it only takes you to the resort where you reservation is)

That's probably the "not really" part of OPs title....2 of them will be in Cocoa Beach. Some of the equation will also depend on whether or not your parents intend to take DD to the parks...no FP for her possibly, for one day. I'd put yourselves on the reservation to get there, then rent car from Dolphin. The next day she'll be on your reservation anyway.
If they do not put the DD on the reservation, she will not be able to use ME. Everyone, including infants must be on the ME reservation. to board the bus.

I agree with the PP. Have DH rent the car at MCO and the rest of you go on ME. You can return the car to the Dolphin if you do not want to keep it for the entire time.

Thanks everyone!

I like the idea of having DH get the car and return to Dolphin.

Ran the numbers and it's surprisingly cheaper.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter