Ariel LE limited edition doll

ChezaBelle

Earning My Ears
I am curious as to whether or not The Disney Store will be having an LE doll release for Ariel similar to the LE Cinderella doll from last year. I started my Disney Doll collection with the Designer Villains Collection and would love to have an LE Ariel doll. Sadly, I knew nothing of the Cinderella doll's release and missed my chance at her :(

Anyone have any information?

I am curious as to whether or not The Disney Store will be having an LE doll release for Ariel similar to the LE Cinderella doll from last year. I started my Disney Doll collection with the Designer Villains Collection and would love to have an LE Ariel doll. Sadly, I knew nothing of the Cinderella doll's release and missed my chance at her :(

Anyone have any information?

Yes, there will be a LE Ariel doll it is out on the day of the DVD Diamond release but will go on pre-order probably some time in July (rumor has it 8th or 15th July) keep checking the DS website.

At the moment you can get all of the back dolls fairly cheap on eBay. We have collected every LE doll made for our daughter (bought some of the back dolls on eBay) and we will carry on buying them for her. The only really expensive ones on eBay are the Designer Ariel, Snow White 17", Alice 17" and Queen of Hearts 17". You can expect to pay $800+ for the Alice because she was limited to 500 only.

Ariel will probably follow suit with the other 17" dolls and be LE 5000 and there will almost certainly be a "surprise" release doll with Ariel.

Hi! New poster here. I just saw a photo of Ariel on Facebook and she is beautiful! I have just now learned about these limited edition dolls, so will start my collection with Ariel. I see that she will be available for pre-order at the Disney Store online July 29. Does anyone know the time she goes on sale? I am assuming it's midnight PST. Thanks!

She went on pre-order this past Monday morning. It is a LE of 6,000 dolls. I checked the disneystore site and pre-ordered mine that morning at 6:00 am just to be sure I'd get her. Supposedly it will ship out October 2. I think that's right about the time the DVD will be released.

She's sold out now. Hope everyone who wanted to order her online had the chance.

Were you able to snag one before she sold out Axlcat?

Yes, but I was one of the ones refreshing the Disney page constantly starting at 2:00 CST. It appears people were still able to buy her several hours later, so I might have been freaking out for nothing. :laughing:

Yeah I think she sold out slower than the designer dolls, maybe cause of it being s little more expensive. When I first saw it on Facebook some were complaint about the cost saying how they couldn't get one, but I think they fail to understand that she is a COLLECTORS doll.

I got mine about 9am/7am on the east coast. I totally forgot about her. But she was still on there when I finally got on.

Have you guys seen or heard anything about the LE Prince Eric and Ursula dolls that are also supposed to be released?

Hi Sarah,

A video was posted on youtube talking about the new designer dolls coming out, but as they filmed the video they showed a sneak peek of some Little Mermaid merchandise including both Ursula and Eric. They look really nice and both will be released for purchase Oct 1 along with the movie. I can't wait to see what other merchandise will be released, these next two months will be torture!

I missed out on the Ariel pre-order. When are they going to have the LE Ariel's for sell in the stores?

Thanks!

Hi Pink!

This was posted on the Disney LE Designer Doll Facebook page a few days ago:

Ariel is now Sold Out again! We hope everyone who wanted her had an opportunity to pre-order.

Please remember for those who want Ariel but missed out, that some stores may have extra dolls in October for those who have pre-ordered in person.

That last sentence is vague. You might want to visit or call your local Disney store for clarification. I don't know if it means you might still be able to pre-order Ariel at some stores now, or if it means you may be able to get one if someone does not claim a pre-order on release day.

Hi Sarah,

A video was posted on youtube talking about the new designer dolls coming out, but as they filmed the video they showed a sneak peek of some Little Mermaid merchandise including both Ursula and Eric. They look really nice and both will be released for purchase Oct 1 along with the movie. I can't wait to see what other merchandise will be released, these next two months will be torture!

Ohh thanks, I will have to go search it on Youtube. I know...actually since I found out the dvd was being released this year I have been probably driving DH crazy with all my talk about when and what will be released.

I went to San Antonio with my parents last weekend and we stopped at an outlet mall on the way home that had a Disney store. Have you seen the Ariel charm bracelet??? I bought one it is SOOO cute. It has all kinds of charms from the movie, and its adult sized. I bought it Saturday and then on Monday it was put up on Disneystore.com

I had the date mis-entered on my calendar. We always pre-ordered in the store, but the one near us closed. :( When I went on - she was sold out. Now my daughter will be missing her favorite! Yikes! However, I'll be IN Disney on Oct 2 when she is released. Anyone know if Wide World of Disney or such will have any of these mysterious extras? I'm double and triple crossing my fingers!!!

I had the date mis-entered on my calendar. We always pre-ordered in the store, but the one near us closed. :( When I went on - she was sold out. Now my daughter will be missing her favorite! Yikes! However, I'll be IN Disney on Oct 2 when she is released. Anyone know if Wide World of Disney or such will have any of these mysterious extras? I'm double and triple crossing my fingers!!!

Maybe you could call World of Disney and ask? :confused3

Mrs Romance is a long time collector of the Disney Limited Edition Dolls, she has all of them so far and never misses one!

If you missed the Ariel pre-order, it is very unlikely you will be able to get one in store. Each store has a limited amount and they go on pre-order at the same time that the online pre-order starts. Definitely check with your local store to see if they have any pre-orders left, but don't hold your breath.

Last year, Cinderella sold out during the pre-order stage like Ariel has and on the day she should have been released online there were none released or available for sale. I'm sorry to say that you will probably be at the mercy of eBay, in fact, they are already selling on eBay for $250-300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter