Are you planning on getting a Covid-19 vaccination?

Are you planning to get a Covid-19 Vaccination?

• Yes

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters
It will most likely be a requirement for my job, like the flu vaccine is.
I can decline, but if the flu gets to certain infected% I'd have to wear a mask. Though with those being able to be passed with little symptoms they might lower the % ill in the community that would require mask for non vaccinated. And if there was I take a dozen shots if it gets me out of wearing a mask.

Both of my boys have rare medical conditions. I don't blame either on random things which have zero scientific connection to their conditions. You think that others seeing your decision as intolerant? Well, why would someone tolerate illogical behavior endangering our children?

Correlation vs. causation.
I respect your decisions and judgment as a parent. It is unfortunate that you cannot respect mine, and label my experience-based judgments "illogical". Yes, that is part of what I mean by intolerant. When I say intolerant, I am also referring to the "anti-vax" and "anti-science" labelling and debasing name-calling "illogical" that is often used about anyone who hesitates to follow the CDC's vaccine schedule to the letter, no matter the reason.

As I described in my post, I witnessed my son have a negative and long-lasting reaction to one set of vaccines, so after his condiction continued to deteriorate for over a year, I made the decision to stop his boosters. That was a decision based on my observations. There is nothing illogical about that. If you take a drug and get a serious side effect, there is nothing illogical about ceasing to take it, even though you can't definitvely prove whether it was correlation or causation (because as an ordinary person going about your daily life, you didn't happen to be part of a major, placebo-controlled, double blind study at the time you were taking that medication). You can't know for sure, but at that point, the risk has outweighed the benefit, as I described. There is nothing illogical about making that judgment call in the best interest of your health or your child's health. I am also supported by my child's pediatrician in making that call.

I am not here to debate anything, just to share what happened to my son, and my choices in response, and the fact that there is another logic-based perspective to this issue than what is typically shown in the "us vs. them" media culture that is unfortunately developing in our country.

Last edited:
I am not here to debate anything, just to share what happened to my son, and my choices in response, and the fact that there is another logic-based perspective to this issue than what is typically shown in the "us vs. them" media culture that is unfortunately developing in our country.
No need to debate, but one cannot and should not expect others to accept personal decisions which might endanger others in society. An applicable quote says, your liberty to swing your arms ends where my nose begins. And so our society debates where vaccination freedoms lie.

Personally, I do not believe that anyone should be forced to take vaccines so long as they agree not to mingle in society. But if you want to be a part of society, then you have to agree to the social contract. Vaccinations are becoming a part of that social contract.

Our freedom not to vaccinate just may end where someone else's freedom to avoid communicable diseases begins.

No need to debate, but one cannot and should not expect others to accept personal decisions which might endanger others in society. An applicable quote says, your liberty to swing your arms ends where my nose begins. And so our society debates where vaccination freedoms lie.

Personally, I do not believe that anyone should be forced to take vaccines so long as they agree not to mingle in society. But if you want to be a part of society, then you have to agree to the social contract. Vaccinations are becoming a part of that social contract.

Our freedom not to vaccinate just may end where someone else's freedom to avoid communicable diseases begins.

She already discussed this with her child’s doctor. The Lancet study is bad science, but that doesn’t mean vaccine injury isn’t real. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, but knowing the risks I’ve still given my eldest every vaccine but one and my youngest every vaccine that is on the schedule. I did what was best for my kids based on the available information. I am not going to go against my own children’s best interest nor would I ever ask that of anyone else.

In my own child’s case I would have been risking an adverse reaction, based on my own child’s risk factors (again younger brother got the vaccine), to prevent an illness that is very low risk for bad outcomes in this country. His own doctor made this assessment and said she didn’t think the risk of vaccinating was worth it.

I would definitely get it, but as other people have mentioned I would not be running out and demanding I get vaccinated immediately if the supplies are limited. I am a young and healthy person with no conditions that put me at risk. I would let those who need it more than me get it first.

DS13 has autism and has had all of his shots. I could tell that something was different about him from very early on but it was pretty much dismissed as first mom jitters (although not in those words).

DS13 has autism and has had all of his shots. I could tell that something was different about him from very early on but it was pretty much dismissed as first mom jitters (although not in those words).

Same. Neither of my kids made eye contact as babies. Ever. They preferred to look over my shoulder at the high contrast picture frames. They didn't babble or coo or play peek a boo or patty cake. I knew before they were each 12 months old that something was off.

However, my oldest did the same thing as PPs son and stopped talking at 2. Just up and stopped. Started grunting and whining instead. Started talking again around 3. It's a common thing with autism and it happens around. 18-24 months. 24 months is also when my son stopped eating EVERYTHING he used to. It's a developmental key age and it just so happens to correspond to the vaccine schedule so a lot of parents blame the vaccines for the manifestations of autistic behaviors at that time, whereas it would have happened with or without the vaccines. It's easier to blame vaccines than accept reality.

And not to harp on it, but kids don't "outgrow" an autism diagnosis. They were either misdiagnosed to begin with or they have learned enough coping mechanisms or been "ABAed to death" long enough to fool people. My dad was one of these. At age 33, he had a full and complete psychotic break from years of trying to stifle his behaviors and emotional responses. Ended up in a psych ward while on vacation in Germany with my mom. Diagnosed with bipolar. As a kid, then a teen, then a college student, he was brilliant, well liked, successful. Graduated near the top of his class at Notre Dame, then graduate school. He was an engineer. He had a lot of accomplishments in life. He didn't realize he was autistic until MY son was diagnosed, and he started reading about it. He was 63 years old. The diagnosis didn't exist when he was a child in 1950. Neither did the MMR vaccine.

Last edited:
Same. Neither of my kids made eye contact as babies. Ever. They preferred to look over my shoulder at the high contrast picture frames. They didn't babble or coo or play peek a boo or patty cake. I knew before they were each 12 months old that something was off.

However, my oldest did the same thing as PPs son and stopped talking at 2. Just up and stopped. Started grunting and whining instead. Started talking again around 3. It's a common thing with autism and it happens around. 18-24 months. 24 months is also when my son stopped eating EVERYTHING he used to. It's a developmental key age and it just so happens to correspond to the vaccine schedule so a lot of parents blame the vaccines for the manifestations of autistic behaviors at that time, whereas it would have happened with or without the vaccines. It's easier to blame vaccines than accept reality.

And not to harp on it, but kids don't "outgrow" an autistm diagnosis. They were either misdiagnosed to begin with or they have learned enough coping mechanisms or been "ABAed to death" long enough to fool people. My dad was one of these. At age 33, he had a full and complete psychotic break from years of trying to stifle his behaviors and emotional responses. Ended up in a psych ward while on vacation in Germany with my mom. Diagnosed with bipolar. As a kid, then a teen, then a college student, he was brilliant, well liked, successful. Graduated near the top of his class at Notre Dame, then graduate school. He was an engineer. He had a lot of accomplishments in life. He didn't realize he was autistic until MY son was diagnosed, and he started reading about it. He was 63 years old. The diagnosis didn't exist when he was a child in 1950. Neither did the MMR vaccine.

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter