Are You, Or Have You Ever Been, A Member Of A Fraternal Society (Like The Masons)?

Based on what I've read, joining a fraternal or secret society will open the doors to a world you didn't know existed that goes back centuries in which you'll learn about arcane Eastern mysticism, where the Templars hid their riches from the Crusades, how the Rosicrucians used alchemy to transmute base metals into gold, the way the Illuminati secretly controls the world's governments, and how your organization is an essential part of those traditions. Umberto Eco will even write international historical thrillers about your membership.

On the other hand, it may just be potluck dinners every other Tuesday and a lot of drinking. Depending on your preferences, one of these scenarios is probably a lot cooler than the other one, but only you'll know the answer to that.
Drama plays and pays so much better than facts alot ot time. Being a Mason for many like me start with the only requirerment being FAITH not a CONCEPT and the dinners are always great.

People know who Shriners are if not think crippled and burn kids hospitals and to be one you will be a Master Mason and give tons of hours and cash for a GREAT CAUSE!

I would suggest that you do some research on the Eagles -- Fraternal Order of Eagles -- and decide if the organization is one that you want to be a part of.

War is over in the early 1900 Catholics were threaten with excommunication from a old edict of Rome for being a Mason and Catholic that was dropped in the 40s. This still comes up with primarily Hispanic Catholics (still outdated). Yes I am Catholic and a Master Mason and work with Rainbow girls which turned 100 years old in 2020. Only requirement for Masons or affiliate groups is FAITH. The rainbow the symbol of the rainbow girls was adopted by the gays overtime. The rainbows patented a modify rainbow as their offical logo x5 years ago. Their is NO Masonic affiliation requirerment for either girls or boy groups. Also all Shriners are Mason!
Oh no, not THE GAYS!

I am a Past Worthy Advisor of the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls and was in Sigma Tau Alpha (Rainbow for College age). I could not get either of my daughters to join Rainbows and I have never been able to get my husband to join the Masons so that I can join Eastern Star. Maybe when we retire from the Army and stay in one place for more than a couple years I can get him to do it. At this point I have pretty much given up though.

I am a Past Worthy Advisor of the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls and was in Sigma Tau Alpha (Rainbow for College age). I could not get either of my daughters to join Rainbows and I have never been able to get my husband to join the Masons so that I can join Eastern Star. Maybe when we retire from the Army and stay in one place for more than a couple years I can get him to do it. At this point I have pretty much given up though.
That’s interesting, my dad’s side of the family were very involved (grandfather a grand master, my grandmother and aunts all eastern star, I was a rainbow girl back in the day (my friends and I had MDR’s to the Masonic temple and would hang out😂), why can’t you participate in eastern star? Men can be masons without their wives being involved.

That’s interesting, my dad’s side of the family were very involved (grandfather a grand master, my grandmother and aunts all eastern star, I was a rainbow girl back in the day (my friends and I had MDR’s to the Masonic temple and would hang out😂), why can’t you participate in eastern star? Men can be masons without their wives being involved.

Most states we have lived in Eastern Star requires either a Father or Husband to be a Mason in order to join because it is an Auxiliary Organization. I do not meet the requirement. I got into Rainbow because I had an Uncle as my relative. The one place we lived that I could have joined I didn't find out until too close to PCSing to our next duty station. We retire in a yr and a half. I am going to try again then and harass my husband if I have to. We are retiring to FL and I haven't checked the rules there yet.

Most states we have lived in Eastern Star requires either a Father or Husband to be a Mason in order to join because it is an Auxiliary Organization. I do not meet the requirement. I got into Rainbow because I had an Uncle as my relative. The one place we lived that I could have joined I didn't find out until too close to PCSing to our next duty station. We retire in a yr and a half. I am going to try again then and harass my husband if I have to. We are retiring to FL and I haven't checked the rules there yet.
I think you can be a rainbow girl without a Masonic family member, I made my friends join.

Post deleted as I didn't want to offend anyone.

Last edited:
I think you can be a rainbow girl without a Masonic family member, I made my friends join.

Yep, we had a number of girls come in as "friend of Rainbow" I looked at the ES rules the other day and they have changed on the national level that I can join as a PWA. Now we just have to retire so I can find a chapter to join. Forget the hubby if he doesn't want to play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter