Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

I would love to be in the UK for Guy Fawkes Night one year - mainly because I would love it that they celebrate the night before my birthday! ;) But I absolutely agree with your feelings that fireworks should be only for organized displays, not for every person to play with! Here in Germany it is New Years Eve when people go crazy and it feels like it is totally unsafe. Michael has been here for two New Years now and is totally amazed how Germans can tolerate something so dangerous!

Was surprised by the picture of your scallops that you only got those and nothing to go with them besides some tiny greens. I felt very sorry for your dietary limitations. But it appears it was only the chef's limitation of remembering what to put on your plate...

Thank you for your reply! Oh yes come over for November 5th and see a display in London. Be neat treat the eve before your birthday. I hope you had a good birthday!

I know I felt nickle and dimed at Palo. At the MDRs plenty to eat they spoilt me rotten.

I would love to visit Germany at Christmas to see those markets you have.

I hope you had a good birthday!

It was quite a wonderful day - even without any fireworks. :goodvibes Visited my sister in Berlin and went to High Tea at a fancy hotel there.

I would love to visit Germany at Christmas to see those markets you have.

Nuremberg, where I live, is especially famous for its Christmas Market. It really is quite pretty! If you ever make plans to come, let me know, I will be happy to help with any planning for Germany and if you chose Nuremberg, I would be happy to be your tour guide!

It was quite a wonderful day - even without any fireworks. :goodvibes Visited my sister in Berlin and went to High Tea at a fancy hotel there.

Nuremberg, where I live, is especially famous for its Christmas Market. It really is quite pretty! If you ever make plans to come, let me know, I will be happy to help with any planning for Germany and if you chose Nuremberg, I would be happy to be your tour guide!

How perfect to go for high tea with your sister. I adore high tea in a fancy hotel also. Jo and I got married at The Ritz in London and our reception was Afternoon tea!

How kind re showing us around! Thank you.

Polly, hitting up all my subbed threads to catch up once again after our travel to Kentucky for my son's wedding. It was a lovely affair. :) Ironically, it was on Guy Fawkes Day, Nov. 5th. They are both history buffs, so should have no problem to "Remember, Remember, the 5th of Nov.".

I actually love fireworks, but know they do scare pets. We keep ours in our bedroom in 4th of July. Some people are just idiots though when it comes to how to handle them. :(

Her name is Josie Bonnell, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895.

^^Kate, I will send your mom one from Oregon. What a delightful idea!

Polly, hitting up all my subbed threads to catch up once again after our travel to Kentucky for my son's wedding. It was a lovely affair. :) Ironically, it was on Guy Fawkes Day, Nov. 5th. They are both history buffs, so should have no problem to "Remember, Remember, the 5th of Nov.".

I actually love fireworks, but know they do scare pets. We keep ours in our bedroom in 4th of July. Some people are just idiots though when it comes to how to handle them. :(

Her name is Josie Bonnell, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895.

^^Kate, I will send your mom one from Oregon. What a delightful idea!

Congrats on your sons wedding. Yes remember remember that's it! I can imagine 4th July pets are quite scared. Thank you for reading.

Day 13 Day at sea Palo brunch , Enchanted Garden

September Thursday 29th

Ahoy there my Disers. Sorry for delay. I had cataract surgery. I am like Captain Jack. Captain Polly with a patch over one eye.

Today we woke with a mixture of excitement and also sadness. Today was our last day on the cruise. The excitement was a Palo brunch booking. On the Bahama 3 and 4 night cruises typically the only Itinerary difference between them is an extra night/day at sea on the 4 night. This opens the Palo restaurant for brunch bookings. They don't as a rule offer this on a 3 night sailing. We had a booking for 11:30. We like to have breakfast as normal and use Palo brunch as lunch meal.

I also had my ice cream racing car coming to Enchanted Garden tonight from Vanopelles ice cream parlour. When Jo ordered it they gave her a card to hand to our dinner server tonight. He or she sorts out when to call them down with the dessert!

I also had noticed earlier in the week in the Navigator that Sofia the first was onboard. I had not got her autograph yet or had a photo op. I had misses her a couple of times but finally there was a good chance for this morning. I can't think of a good excuse right now as to how I came to be watching her on a Disney junior channel and grow to really like it. Given time I could. What amuses me is Jo's face when I have it on and I am singing along and then she hovers in the doorway or eyes up from the ipad when it is on equally as hooked...

Jo talked about packing but thought she would do it later. Then we went for second breakfast at Cabanas. There was no pancake shortage today. They were staking them high.

We then made our way to shutters because Sofia was showing on this deck. Minnie was still there but the line was forming for Sofia. Minnie was in a really cute outfit...

image.jpeg

I was curious as she was a child character Princess if she would be a masked character. After all an adult wouldn't look very convincing.

Soon Sofia the First appeared and went past....

image.jpeg

Sure enough she was a masked character...

image.jpeg
She signed my book and was really cute.

We got some air , bought some photos in Shutters and after getting changed made our way to Palo. As usual I turned the wrong way when coming out the door. My navigation skills are hopeless plus with the severe cataracts I had it was not a good combination!

Soon we were waiting at Palo. It was another beautiful day at sea....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

We had the same lovely server from Glasgow, Scotland. I think his name might have been Daniel.

Jo took these photos of the buffet. I didn't realise she did this until I mentioned that Alison had posted photos which I really enjoyed as I don't go up to the buffet it's too difficult with my mobility. She then confessed she forgot to show me photos she took....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jo ordered the Chicken parmesan and Eggs Benedict. I had pancakes and cinnamon apples. From the buffet I had the sticky bun, pot of the sticky sauce, some little pastry things. Melon. Jo had these desserts...

image.jpeg

Jo went back to get me more sticky wonders. Obs a cup of tea. Jo had Champagne.

Then they brought out this lovely plate ....

image.jpeg

It all was fabulous. I am pleased to say I did roll out of there full. I enjoyed it all. Great brunch/lunch. They offered to make Jo a chocolate soufflé she declined much to my shock. I did not turn down the strawberry basil sorbet. I jumped on that!

We then went to rest our full happy bellies.

To be continued...

Hope you are healing well from your surgery!

Nice score on a character you didn't have in your book. Brunch looks so lovely!

Last days are always so depressing!

Hope you are healing well from your surgery!

Nice score on a character you didn't have in your book. Brunch looks so lovely!

Last days are always so depressing!

Thank you! Brunch was nice. I know we were not looking forward to getting off that ship! My eye is sore but it's getting better thank you for asking.

Fabulous brunch was a different experience than dinner.

Princess Minnie is too cute. Well done for scoring Sofia's picture and autograph. I can't say I've ever caught the show.

Not packing day already??? Say it isnt so! :(

Fabulous brunch was a different experience than dinner.

Princess Minnie is too cute. Well done for scoring Sofia's picture and autograph. I can't say I've ever caught the show.

Not packing day already??? Say it isnt so! :(

Thank you for reading Pam. I love that photo of the boys now on your avatar.

The last day always comes too quick!

Day 13 continued

We decided to enjoy the hot sunny day on the conceirge deck. Wow what a beauty today at sea was. First I decided to go to the stateroom and get shorts on to get my pins some air...

image.jpeg

Shortly we were joined by our new friends Paul and Shirley. We chatted for a while and then I checked in on Huey who Lisa said was stable. Jo had a spell in the hot tub. I wasn't aware she was a witch. It was a delightful relaxing afternoon. I looked to see what movies were showing in the theatre but Pete's Dragon was on. A couple in Conceirge had told us this was the most depressing movie and wished they had not seen it! So we passed. Everything else was in migraine inducing 3D. My head was feeling better so no thanks.

Jo wanted to do some dreaded packing so she went back to the stateroom and came back after about an hour. All ebags full she said. I was most grateful she is very good to do this for us. We would save our remaining laundry for the Villa's at Grand Floridan our next stay.

Soon it was time to go get ready for conceirge lounge pre dinner drinks nibbles and mingle. Conceirge was full tonight. We gave the hosts our tips and Ashley confirmed he had put a placeholder for us on another conceirge cruise. This is going to be for Jo's 50th in 2018.

They also gave us a nice picture gift which Jo packed away before I could photograph. It was sad this went missing with the luggage someplace. It was really nice.

We made our way down to The Enchanted Garden on Deck 2. This restaurant is so pretty in my view. I am enchanted by it indeed! Jo gave our server the ice cream dessert card from Vanellopes.

Here we are.. They gave us some lovely paper flowers..

image.jpeg

Jo fooling with hers...

image.jpeg

Jo had lobster ravioli and I had a salad. I had steak and Jo had scallops. Both we rated as top notch.

Then we waited for the fabulous dessert! It was not long and Jo spotted the ice cream guy in his white coat and cute hat..

image.jpeg

Waiting....

image.jpeg

We had 1 scoop of cookie dough, 1 mint choc chip ear marked for my good lady wife and 1 of the non cream chocolate and vanilla for me. Whipped cream ( not on my scoop ) , gummy bears, marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles, m & m's, skittles. It was absolutely fabulous. If you get a chance it is totally worth $12.95 delivered. I ate so many gummy bears I thought I might look like one.

Here it is!

image.jpeg

Take two eager ladies...

image.jpeg

Jo lookes daunted by the task.. But she is no quitter...

image.jpeg

Oh my ... An empty car..
image.jpeg

We left very happy. What is nice is they clean the car and you get to take it home which we have! The wheels move how cool.

When we returned to the stateroom this lovely birthday celebration was waiting for me....

image.jpeg

We were soon in bed barely able to see the TV above the rise of our bellies. Tomorrow we disembarked boo hoo but we were checking into the Villa's at Grand Floridan and were looking forward to meeting the lovely Pam!

Next up... Day 14 The birthday curse rides again and Pam meet.

How lovely to spend the last afternoon enjoying the sun.

Mom and I both enjoyed Pete's Dragon very much. It was sad in some parts, but overall a very good movie we thought.

Jo is too cute posing with that flower.

The ice cream car is adorable. Love that you can take it home as well.

Very nice towel cake. They are so creative with those.

How lovely to spend the last afternoon enjoying the sun.

Mom and I both enjoyed Pete's Dragon very much. It was sad in some parts, but overall a very good movie we thought.

Jo is too cute posing with that flower.

The ice cream car is adorable. Love that you can take it home as well.

Very nice towel cake. They are so creative with those.

Maybe Pete's dragon is worth a watch then. The towel animals are amazing I agree! Thank you for reading.

Glad you are healing from your surgery, have you noticed any improvement?

So sad the last day! But at least you still had some time back in the World.

That Palo Brunch looks really good, I really want to cruise with DCL one day and do this.

Love the racecar sundae!

That towel Birthday cake was cool too!

Hi Polly,

Those desserts at Palo look amazing! Will have to try Palo one day! I'm also going to get us one of those ice cream desserts next time we are on Dream!!

Hope the eye is feeling a bit better today xx

Claire xx

You and Jo are both so darn cute with the characters. I am always too shy to have my photo taken with them. I think I need to get over that. When do you plan to cruise again? Have you taken an Alaskan cruise?

I see Minnie made it in the photo. :goodvibes
image-jpeg.206058

[/QUOTE]

All caught up! You 2 are sure having a wonderful birthday celebration that goes on and on! So. Much. Ice. Cream! I love that last photo with the birthday towel creation was amazeballs! WOW!

I hope your eye is healing up nicely; from what I understand, they do heal up pretty quickly and well. Have you noticed difference yet in your sight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter