Are there any great flight deals around at the moment?

I probably wouldn't fly UA again because there's no individual screens. Having your own screen and choosing what you want to watch makes the trip seem so much faster. You get on, watch a movie, have dinner, watch a movie, go to sleep, have breakfast, watch a movie and you're there!

Service was fine, but until they get newer planes I'll give them a miss.

I probably wouldn't fly UA again because there's no individual screens. Having your own screen and choosing what you want to watch makes the trip seem so much faster. You get on, watch a movie, have dinner, watch a movie, go to sleep, have breakfast, watch a movie and you're there!

Service was fine, but until they get newer planes I'll give them a miss.

I agree Bec, I need that private screen

The same or similar offers were at the Sydney Expo, and the exact fares and conditions were then advertised in the travel section of the Sunday paper the next day, so anyone should be able to get them subject to availability.
United is our airline of choice to USA and Canada. As soon as you book chose your seats online. Make sure you join Milage Plus for free and use it unless you have a better FF option with Star Alliance. Also you may want to get a one year membership of economy plus through travel options on the United website and for a few hundred dollars you and a 'guest' can both get economy plus seating (5 inches of extra leg room) on all your flights. Thus for the cost of two memberships all four of you can be at the front of economy with extra leg room and more room for cabin bags.

Thanks for that info I will look into it - seems like a really good option.:goodvibes

I agree Bec, I need that private screen

I don't get it :confused3 :confused3
I found the screens irritating and too close. Especially given the planes thay are in tend to have minimal space between seats and once the person in front puts the seat back there is no chance of enjoying watching a screen in your face.

I'd rather have the EXTRA LEG ROOM!!! with Economy Plus...
But I guess your loss my gain if you don't fly them!

I don't get it :confused3 :confused3
I found the screens irritating and too close. Especially given the planes thay are in tend to have minimal space between seats and once the person in front puts the seat back there is no chance of enjoying watching a screen in your face.

I'd rather have the EXTRA LEG ROOM!!! with Economy Plus...
But I guess your loss my gain if you don't fly them!

I guess everyone is different Queenie. I don't have very long legs so extra leg room is neither here nor there to me. I also only need minimal sleep so being able to zone out on a few favourite movies to pass the time appeals to me. Also, when you have children, those personal screens are a lifesaver for keeping them entertained between reading, eating, playing a few games etc.

I agree that I would rather not travel without a personal screen. We went V Aust and the leg room was not so bad (relatively speaking) and the screens were far from in your face. When the person in front reclined their seat the screen kind of tilted, but didn't get shoved in your face.

So I am on the love the screen team :rolleyes1

xxx

I guess everyone is different Queenie. I don't have very long legs so extra leg room is neither here nor there to me. I also only need minimal sleep so being able to zone out on a few favourite movies to pass the time appeals to me. Also, when you have children, those personal screens are a lifesaver for keeping them entertained between reading, eating, playing a few games etc.

Oh definitely! My daughter loves the personal screens and refuses to sleep on planes that have them! It's her favourite part of the trip :lol:.

I'm in the same boat. I have a 9 yo son who squirms a lot. If we have a laptop with us, the battery only lasts 2 - 3 hours. If we have the DS, he gets bored of playing it all the time. A book or puzzle will distract him for 30 minutes. We take cards and that only lasts for 30 minutes as well... We need the personal screen for him as a distraction so that he sits still. That extra 2 - 4 hours of him watching 1 or 2 movies of HIS choice is great on the long haul flights.

I'm in the same boat. I have a 9 yo son who squirms a lot. If we have a laptop with us, the battery only lasts 2 - 3 hours. If we have the DS, he gets bored of playing it all the time. A book or puzzle will distract him for 30 minutes. We take cards and that only lasts for 30 minutes as well... We need the personal screen for him as a distraction so that he sits still. That extra 2 - 4 hours of him watching 1 or 2 movies of HIS choice is great on the long haul flights.

I guess I just think back to my first long haul flight aged 9 where being in a PLANE was exciting. We got to go up to the cockpit and talk to the Captain.
We got our wings and children's sets.
The good old days :cloud9:

I spend my working life staring at a computer screen...I don't need the equivalent crappy screen in my face while I'm stuck in a tin can

I had a e-mail from Bestflights last night and they fares to Los Angeles have dropped for the September/ October period with Qantas.

If I had waited I would have save myself approx $250 per person:headache:

The qantas webb site prices have also dropped

Last year flying LAX MCO rtn I got a good price direct from Disney on Delta of just under $200, and this Qantas has sold us $200 LAX MCO rtn on American - which is $100 cheaper than buying from AA.
So sometimes bundling up all your flights together or with the hotel can give a saving - sometimes not.
I spend a lot of time on priceline, expedia, qantas etc:surfweb:

I've got webjet set up to send me the cheapest flights of the day. Very handy.

What is everyone doing for WDW travels next year? Because prices wont come out until August, what would you recommend for packaging flights? Waiting until August to book everything?? :eek:

Wow, that's so cheap Bec! Not fair that's it not available in the opposite direction!

I know! I haven't priced it out, but it might even be viable booking 2 one-way trips...

I could scream.....

virgin america have cancelled there lax-mco flights as delivery of the aircraft is held up...so i'm back to square one..and flights are now around $500 rtn....

grrrrrrrrrrr....not happy jan!

so its back to trawling the web sites.....did someone mention going thru disney for flights????

:headache:

hey
its a new route and their aircraft is held up for delivery, so they have no planes to go la to orlando......so they refunded me my money butr that doesnt get me to disney :(

oh well, southwest are looking promising....fingers crossed

128 sleeps till disney

I was looking at flying with them from MCO to LAX. I was hoping they would be flying by October. Glad I didn't book. Will probably end up going with AA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter