Are Resale Points becoming useless?

I booked Riviera preferred studio for first week of April. I looked up the cash price - over $900 a night! Seriously? Does anyone pay that?

They should have a "apply your cash stay to a DVC purchase" option. Tee hee.

That was the offer when we purchased in 2000. But I think it was half of the cost of the cash stay. We were staying at Poly a lot back then and knew we were going to buy on the trip.

To me its not a huge deal we have a huge pool of original resorts to use. I prefer those massively over riviera anyway and at the moment there is not much new in the pipeline.

I agree, I prefer resorts that are within walking distance of a park (I know - Lazy!).
That’s not lazy at all! That’s a HUGE perk!

If there’s one thing I’m willing to pay up for, it’s to not have to rely on other people to transport me places. Life is so much better when you can walk to your hotel. Especially when you have little kids.

Did a split stay this Jan. 5 days at Riv and 3 at VGF. Stayed at all of the other WDW DVCs except at Poly and many stays at VGC. Riv is my wife's Fav. Hands Down. Everywhere we stay now, Riv is her "Mt Everest" that she compares all to.

As far as this:

"Come visit us on the west coast. Avenger’s Campus and Cars Land and Incredicoaster - oh my!"

We live in Cali, "Avenger's Campus" is crap. Spiderman at USO is way better than that Web Sligers lame ride (AKA Midway Mania, you just get both arms tired instead of one)

They should have a "apply your cash stay to a DVC purchase" option. Tee hee.
Honestly, I thought they did.
That said, I’ve been out of the game for some time now.
That was the incentive when we bought in 1997 - we were staying 7 nights at Poly that trip, which at the time cost 95 points, so we received a credit for that many points. I think it counted as our down payment. Anyway, it brought our price down to $62.50 pp.

We live in Cali, "Avenger's Campus" is crap. Spiderman at USO is way better than that Web Sligers lame ride (AKA Midway Mania, you just get both arms tired instead of one)

I like Avengers Campus. My kids are little and only one of them is tall enough for the IoA Spider-Man ride. They loved WS and everything else about Avengers Campus including the character sightings, shows, and the merch (we got them spider bots). Then again, we love TSMM and can ride it over and over.

Talking with the Timeshare resale store yesterday, I was shocked to hear that resale points cannot be used at Riviera resort or any new resort that Disney develops. This evidently was announced some time ago and I missed it being buried under the covers while waiting out the pandemic. What is your reaction?

At the moment it's 14 resorts that any new resale can be used at and only one that it can't. Far from useless. And resale bought before the restrictions can be used at Riviera so no restrictions at all. We'll see how hard and fast they stick to it in the future.

What's funny is the monorail seems to breakdown and strand people more post the initial opening issues.
True but we were here the week the skyliner opened and unexpectedly were stuck for an hour plus due to the crash in 10/2019. I personally have never been stuck for more than 20 minutes on a monorail. But have personally been stuck in the air in the skyliner for more than an hour. Personal choice but I am not a fan.

True but we were here the week the skyliner opened and unexpectedly were stuck for an hour plus due to the crash in 10/2019. I personally have never been stuck for more than 20 minutes on a monorail. But have personally been stuck in the air in the skyliner for more than an hour. Personal choice but I am not a fan.
We got stuck a year ago January just before the first station from HS for 5 minutes but then when we exited, it stopped for another 10 minutes. Perhaps there was a party that needed extra time. Did not seem to be a major event thankfully. It's just that you feel a bit helpless when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter