Are posted ride wait times still inflated?

The Touringplans one? You can download the app for free and it has some basic things but a subscription to access the good stuff is around $15. The nice thing is it doesn’t auto-renew, so when it expires you’re not on the hook for it over and over.
Yes, that one. It’s showing as $17.50 now. I can’t find the free one.

We just returned home on Wednesday and found most of the wait times to be accurate. Epcot seemed to be inflated just a bit, but nothing significant.

Our longest wait times were definitely at Studios... ToT was quoted 65 minutes (accurate), Mickey and Minnie was quoted 60 minutes (accurate), and TSM was quoted 35 minutes (accurate).

Is the Lines App free?? It keeps asking me for my Apple ID to purchase it, but nowhere does it give a price. I have it for DL, but I know I didn't purchase it.

I think if you sign in to the WDW app using the username you've got for the DL version, it should work for basic access to the app. Let me know if not.

I honestly can't recall how I got the DL version or what any login credentials would be. Even when I google how to get the lines app free version it shows a link to exactly that, and when I click it I get the 'in app purchase' one. I'm not sure it exists anymore.

we were there april 20-27 and found wait times overestimated in all parks. We never waited the posted times!

I was there April 19 through 26 and most wait times were accurate. I did not do FOP or SDMT since I couldn't bend my knee that far but the rest I found were accurate.

Except within the last hour of park close - then I found them to be inflated.

I also had the bad luck of being the only person in an area and then suddenly 50 people would show up and I literally couldn't move (I was in a scooter). It was weird.

I just waited in a Frozen line 15 minutes longer than posted (and more than double Touring Plans projections) and a Test Track line 15 minutes shorter than posted (and spot on to Touring Plans projection)

Epcot yesterday, slightly inflated

mk today, could shave off 1/3rd of most stated times

I was there April 23 - May 1 and I timed every ride using Touring Plans. The times were often right between Disney's posted wait times and Touring Plans guesstimates. Touring Plans was more accurate though the majority of the time. I know on a few rides Touring Plans would have a random number like 13 or 18 or my mind was always blown that it was exactly right. There were many times Disney's time was 20-30 minutes longer than reality, which was a relief. We went on everything and the only time we waited longer than 25 minutes was Tower of Terror during a mid afternoon. Disney said 60 minutes, we waited 50. Flight of Passage was only 25 minutes in the late afternoon, posted time 45.

We went early last month and most were inflated but to varying degrees. The most inflated was SDMT which was posted 50min and took 25min from getting in line to completing the ride.

I will add it is pretty standard for them to inflate wait times about an hour before park closing, even pre Covid. Still seems to be the case with COVID. We also have noticed this at Universal.

For anyone that has been to Disney World recently, what are the wait times versus posted?

For anyone that has been to Disney World recently, what are the wait times versus posted?
We’ve been here since the 8th. The posted wait times are inflated in our experience at all four parks. We have been using the Touring Plans app for ride times and have found it to be pretty accurate. Frankly, we would have skipped a bunch of rides that were posted as 60-70 minute waits but turned out to be half that long in reality. Highly recommend the app.

Mostly inflated from my experience as well. Peter Pan was posted as 50 but ended up being half that. I think Tower of Terror was accurate when it was put at like 40 minutes?

Remember now that wait times can be viewed anywhere in the park via the app. So if Toy Story Mania really is a walk on, and they post a 5 minute wait, the entire park can see that and by the time people get over there it might be a 30 minute wait cause everyone ran over there. Might as well just keep it at 20 - 30.

I’m here now and have been all week and have found wait times to definitely be inflated. It seems we’ve done more without FP+ than we did with it…

I found this to be the case most of the time. I did have one instance around 6pm this past Thursday where the touring plans app said that the space mountain wait was 25 minutes, Disney said 35 and it ended up being an hour wait.

Yes. Been here since 8/16. I read elsewhere and agree anything 25+ min will be less. Hit or miss on 25 and below but definitely not longer. Splash roughly 15 min if you are moving thru the outside queue at a decent pace (usually posting 30-35min) Rockin rollercoaster....single rider definitely not faster. And was shocked at Trst Track on Wednesday. 45 min posted wait. We did single rider and it was a walk-on.

My experience Wednesday and Thursday this week at Epcot and HS has been that the actual wait times are between the official and Touring Plans times. As someone mentioned before, I've had several incidents of moving towards a ride because the wait time is low, only to have a swarm of people go in before us; and I've wondered if Disney had just adjusted it's official wait time and everyone rushes over. Then, the wait is much closer to the Disney posted time than TP. We headed towards Slinky last night for 22 mins TP, but it shut down as we approached. I was watching, and when it re-opened, Disney listed 40 and TP listed 29. Turned out be 45-minute wait. I don't think TP was able to adjust for everyone rushing when they saw it re-opened. MNMRR also was posted 45 on Disney and 20s on TP, and the actual wait was 45. We rode this during the period that Slinky was down, which may have been why it was so high. Smuggler's Run was between the official and TP, I think about 35 mins, but it felt shorter because there is so much to enjoy while on line.
Maybe just a hunch, but it also seems like loading goes a lot slower on many rides. We breezed through the Soarin queue Wednesday, but the section of feeding us into the boarding groups and then strapping in seemed to take MUCH longer than usual. I think this depends on the cast members too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter