April 21st Wonder

N

NewtoWDW

It was our first time at Disney World or on a cruise.....
We spent 3 days at Disney World and then boarded the Wonder on the 21st of April. We spent the day at the Blue Lagoon and had my daughters hair braided at Nassau, spent the day on the ship in Freeport and spent the last day snorkeling and playing on Castaway Cay. Loved the shows on ship and my son got picked for the Who Wants to Be a Mousekateer show. (no clue how to spell that!) We had a wonderful vacation. This board helped me so much to plan my vacation so, if anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to help..... :D

Ok NewtoWDW, give me the details on the hairbraiding. Where exactly did you have it done? What did you have done? How much did it cost? Was it relatively clean? How long did the braids stay in?

We got it done at the hairbraiding center that is just around the corner to the left after you get off the ship. You can't miss it. It's just an outside pavillion so I didn't see any washing facilities but the girls all seemed like they kept their stuff really clean and organized. I had worried about head lice but after all the reading I had done on these boards, I never once heard of anyone actually getting head lice just lots of people saying watch out for it. My daughter was a week away from her 13th birthday so we got the childs rate of $85 for a whole head of braids. It was $120 for an adult. She had saved her money for this and had $60 so I chipped in the other $25. It was SO nice to have it done on the first day of the cruise so the rest of the time she never had to do anything with her hair, just wake up and go. I'm sure it is much cheaper to just have the cornrows done in front and I tried to talk her into that but, she had her heart set on the whole head!
One more thing.... I tried to get a bargain from her as I know a lot of people did, but she wasn't budging because she said my daughter had very thick hair (very true) and was getting the childs rate.

Mine were almost 13 :) and 9. Both of them loved their groups. Counselors were very nice and the whole program was run really well. Even on Castaway Cay they enjoyed their groups. The Lab is for 8-9 year olds and they seem to have a lot more fun than the Club.

We were also on the 4/21 Wonder. I was one of the "experts" on the panel for Who Wants to Be A Mouseketeer. I agree that we were awful. I don't recall which contestant you were, but the contestants were obviously more knowledgable than the panel of "experts". What a waste of a lifeline!

My daughter and wife had their hair braided at the Atlantis. Extremely expensive. They both had their entire heads braided. They charged $2 per braid. My wife had 87 braids and my daughter 81. You do the math. All I know is I had barely enough cash for the cab ride back. The braids, however, are still intact. We took many photos of these braided damsels. My daughter loved showing them off in school.

We were the contestants who had the computer problem and had to just stand up there while they rebooted several times!!! And... The panel never let us down we bombed ourselves with the "Which occupation did Walt Disney not do" question. I thought he did in fact have a pilot's license. Anyway, my son got $80 ship board credit and a nice pin :D

How was Blue Lagoon? My husband and I are big time beach people and I thought this would be a good place to go on Nassau day. Just wanted to make sure that this beach is clean.

Thank you,
Jenifer

OK, now I remember who you are. I think you were the only one that our "expert" panel answered a question correctly. Am I right? Your son did great. He answered many more questions than we could of. Congratulations on winning the gift certificate.

I was wondering about Blue Lagoon also. I wanted to make sure it was a clean, safe area. Another question I have is, I have 2 daughters, ages 3 and 4. Do you think that there is enough to do at Blue Lagoon to entertain them for a few hours? Thanks for any help!!:)

Dr. Mikey..... We didn't use the panel for the last question, he used the audience and they got it wrong!!! I'm sure had we used the panel we would have done better! :D
As far as the Blue Lagoon goes, we thought it was beautiful! The water was crystal clear and the sandy beaches were wonderful. It was not crowded at all. They played music on the ferry ride over to the island and the rest of the time we explored and sat on the beach. Someone from this board told me to keep walking around the pathways, over the bridge and even farther. We did this and there was a whole seperate beach that no one was on, with hammocks and tables. It was really nice. If your 3 and 4 year old like playing on the beach and in the water, they will love it. The lagoon that you first enter on is only about waist deep in the middle so you won't have to worry about them going out to far. I hope this helps!

We got to the Blue Lagoon at about 10:30am and we left on the first boat at around 2:30pm because we wanted to be able to do some shopping in Nassau. There also was a second ferry that left the island at around 4:00pm that we could have taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter