April 2024 - Spring Break and Dapper Day (VDH)

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
Hi DVC Family,

It's been a few weeks since our trip and life and work have both been busy but I wanted to take a few minutes to share some notes from our trip. Overall it was a magical stay at VDH and we really loved our first Dapper Day.

Room 1200 VDH
Where can I start. We have had mixed results with room requests since becoming DVC members a few years ago. Some not so great (placed on the far end of the hall at Kidani), some unexpected wins (being placed on the Skyliner side GVs at Riviera when we wanted pool side), and a lot of wins (getting great views at VGC our last two visits). Getting room 1200 took the win meter to the max spinal tap style. We had requested a high floor, monorail pool side, and Fantasia theme room. 1200 checked all the boxes and then some. It's located at the top right (if you are facing the tower from Trader Sams) corner of the building and had great views of everything. We LOVED the room. Definitely made paying the TOT at the end of the trip a bit easier to deal with. I almost don't want to share this info as I may just ask for room 1200 on any future trips where we get a 2BR, but I highly recommend it.

Dapper Day
Awesome day. Great people, Good vibes. Loved it. Great excuse to take the parks at a different pace than typical. Felt great to hop on Peter Pan and other classic rides dressed up.

Napa Rose
Our first trip here. Was well worth the splurge to cap off our first Dapper Day. Won't go all the time, but will go for special events.

Other Highlights
Got very lucky with our first visit as a family to Blue Bayou. Got a water side table even though I didn't ask for one as we got there a bit late. I sometimes wonder if my DVC guide flags us as special crazy people who buy too much DVC....
Knotts - we love it. Had a great day at Disneyland's 3rd Gate down the road.
Was a very interesting trip weather wise as we had one sunny/warm day, mostly cooler days, and a few very cold/rainy days. Had to pack too many clothes but it worked out.
Had a fun chat with a CM couple from WDW who where stalking/visiting from FL to check out operations at DLR. We are looking forward to saying hi when we visit in July.

Last edited:
Daytime view from 1200 (VDH)Room 1200 View Day.jpg
More views from 1200
Room 1200 View.jpg
Great FW Views
Room 1200 FW Views.jpg
Room 1200 FW Views 2.JPG
Room 1200 FW Views 3.jpg

We got to see Tinkerbell go up the side of the building during the fireworks!
Room 1200 Tink Show.jpg

Last edited:
What a fun trip (and love the costumes - nicely done - especially the gloves)!! :)

It's hard to believe that after decades of visiting WDW, I still have yet to make it out west...your post convinced me it's time!

Last edited:
Great view and room!

I love the Dapper Day outfits, especially the kids. So cute!

Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

It's hard to believe that after decades of visiting WDW, I still have yet to make it out west...your post convinced me it's time!
I'm biased and love Disneyland. If you have never been you will be surprised on how intimate it is vs WDW. Also character interactions are way more random in a good way. Hope you can make it to the West Coast :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter