April 17, Early MK Closure

chekhovgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We were planning on going to MK on 4/17 and I had checked on the hours, but when I checked them today they say the park closes at 6PM. Does anybody know why?

Thank you!!

OP - not sure the reasoning for the early close, but if I were going to be there that day I'd go to MK without hesitation, despite the shorter hours. Those unusual early close days typically have REALLY low crowds all day. It would be my first choice of parks, then hop somewhere else for evening entertainment (if possible) or just have some resort or Disney Springs time.

OP - not sure the reasoning for the early close, but if I were going to be there that day I'd go to MK without hesitation, despite the shorter hours. Those unusual early close days typically have REALLY low crowds all day. It would be my first choice of parks, then hop somewhere else for evening entertainment (if possible) or just have some resort or Disney Springs time.

This is what I was thinking! Now to explain to the rest of my family, since we're only doing one day at MK...

Edited to say that we would be missing Happily Ever After, but I have also wanted an excuse to watch it from the Poly, so maybe we'll just do that!

Absolutely! It's so hard to find a low crowd day that I would be all over the opportunity to have one here. The days before and after will probably be busy with people just trying to avoid the early close.

Absolutely! It's so hard to find a low crowd day that I would be all over the opportunity to have one here. The days before and after will probably be busy with people just trying to avoid the early close.

Agree! We're there the same week and we planned on an MK day that day, either hopping someplace else in the evening or doing a low-key evening at the resort. But I will say it won't be our only MK day, although I still think it may be worth it for the possible lower crowds.

That's interesting, I hadn't noticed the early closure that day. It actually works out perfectly for us....we're there that week also, and we had already planned that to be our first MK day, and we have a 6:55 dinner reservation booked at 'Ohana. I hope that will result in lower crowds that day!

Hi all,

We were planning on going to MK on 4/17 and I had checked on the hours, but when I checked them today they say the park closes at 6PM. Does anybody know why?

Thank you!!

I've my plans for MK on the same day as well. Not sure why of the early close but figure to make a full day out of it with the kids. I think Epcot has EMH until 11PM that night. ADR for CRT at 9:15AM when the park opens and looking for an ADR somewhere on the MK Monorail loop or DS round 6PM.

That's a good plan! I was tempted to go for the short day but I think we need to space out the "activity filled" days more in our week and I'd really like to see the new fireworks show in the park, so I think we're going to go the day before!

I know my son will be on his senior class trip starting that day. Perhaps it is an event for high school trip students.

I'm just surprised to see the MK closing at 6pm on the same day that AK will be closing early for a DVC only event that evening.

There must be a private special event that night or a park buy-out, that would be the only reason that MKP would close that early.. With that said, Epcot has Evening EMH until 11pm, DHS is open until 10pm, and AK is open until 8pm.. You could always spend the day at MKP, then hop over to Epcot and spend the evening there, and then vice versa on another day..

Last edited:
I'm just surprised to see the MK closing at 6pm on the same day that AK will be closing early for a DVC only event that evening.

Is Animal Kingdom really closing early? It’s listed as 8:30pm all week that week including 4/17, the day of the DVC event. The DVC-only events don’t usually start at AK until 9:00. AK on 4/17 does not have shorter hours than the other days that week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter