April 13th cruise review.

swede63

Mouseketeer
We had a Magical week aboard the Disney Magic!!!
To answer another question, after forgetting Goobergirl's cabin number and not meeting all week aboard, on the bus ride back to the airport, she and her husband sat right in back of me and we finally got to meet. What are the chances of that happening?

Day one: Travel down to Orlando was fine, checked in and had to wait aprox. 25 minutes in line to pass through security to get aboard the ship, different from just walking on last year, but not bad. Got aboard and made my resssies for the seaweed massage, Sun and Thurs. Days at sea. Then went and enjoyed the welcome aboard buffet at Topsiders. Nice big shrimp. Then went to the pool and enjoyed the only day of relatively no crowds at the pool, good tip for anyone going, pack your suits in your carrying on so you can swim right away. Send off party on deck was fun!!! Lots of characters, I got to say to anyone thinking of going on a cruise that this is one of the great things about the cruise. The characters are around all the time, they are so accesible for kids(of any age) to get autographs and pictures. To digrest I got to tell you about the Tropical party night and give a good hint to anyone who wants a private dance party with characters. I was at the tenth deck just down from the ESPN sports lounge,( of course smoking one of my Cuban Cohiba's that I had gotten on St Marteen, more on that later) and all the characters were waiting to go on stage up there on deck ten. I had just gotten some pictures with them and I noticed a family with four young kids watching the party down below. I went over to the mom and asked her if she wanted the kids to have a private dance party for her kids and then showed her the characters. I had the best time watching her kids enjoy themselves and the kids all came over and thanked me afterwards. I got to say that is a real joy to me seeing kids faces when they have those moments with the characters.

More on day one, We had the routation just like last year of Luminere, Animators Palace, and then Parrot Cay. Our waiter from South Africa Pele was fantastic, took the time to explain all the dishes and make suggestions and was very attentive. With two boys that ate pizza, chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese all week they were easy. I on the other hand loved the food and tried lots of things the different fish meals were excellent!! Some nights I couldn't decide between two different meals and he would bring me both. It has been said by some that the Disney Cruise food is not that good, I beg to differ I think it rivals any.

The first's nights show was a variety, featured a vantriliquist(spelling?) and two juggelers. It was wonderful also both acts did family and adult shows the next two nights in Rockin D, I highly recomend them, the kids loved them and Dad did too. Entertainment for the week was excellent, Both my kids and I enjoyed the shows. the boys watched numerous movies including Harry Potter a number of times.

Day two: Day at sea. My highlight was the seaweed massage, This is where you get rappped up in a seaweed paste and then a metalioc type blanket, then towels and blankets. The paste is supposed to take out the toxins in your body. Then you shower and get rapped again this time without the paste to sweat out the toxins. the first time you are wrapped and laying there you get a scalp, head and ear massage, the second time a foot and lower leg massage. this is awesome!! Then you shower again and lay on your stomach and get a body massage, the whole thing takes an hour and half. The cost is $140 but I highly recomend it!!! The show this night was Hercules, I had watched it the year before and it is ok, some may like it more than others , i hope some day a new show takes it place, unlike Disney Dreams which I hope never gets replaced, the thusday night show.

I will be back to tell of the rest of the cruise i still have to unpack and get the house organized for school and work. More later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter