"Apparently" Refrigerators Are Coming To The Values!

I don't really see why the values have to be excluded from having refrigerators in order to keep a difference in category. For one thing, those staying in values are even more likely to have use for a fridge as they may be trying to save some money. It would seem that moving fridges back and forth around the resort would be a hassle and not that good for the fridges either. There are plenty of other things that separate the categories. Quite frankly, if one is paying $169 a night for a standard room at a value, then having a mini fridge does not seem too cushy.

I agree.My "guess" is that the "beverage coolers" are the same thing they have been renting.

I googled "beverage cooler" and many of them ARE mini-fridges.

As far as the Mods versus Values go,I don't think mini-fridges at the Values would be a "problem" for Disney.

The BIG "untouchable" Mods versus Values distinctions for Disney are:

Full Service restaurant
Hot Tub
Pool slide
Watercraft(no watercraft at Hourglass Lake):)

We will not stay at values because of the fridge issue. This would be great!

I don't really see why the values have to be excluded from having refrigerators in order to keep a difference in category. For one thing, those staying in values are even more likely to have use for a fridge as they may be trying to save some money. It would seem that moving fridges back and forth around the resort would be a hassle and not that good for the fridges either. There are plenty of other things that separate the categories. Quite frankly, if one is paying $169 a night for a standard room at a value, then having a mini fridge does not seem too cushy.

I agree.My "guess" is that the "beverage coolers" are the same thing they have been renting.

As far as the Mods versus Values go,I don't think mini-fridges at the Values would be a "problem" for Disney.

Full Service restaurant
Hot Tub
Pool slide

I don't care if values get fridges or not, I'm just saying that its one less thing to differentiate values from mods. So IMO, if Disney adds a regular mini-fridge to the values, they will need to add something to the mods too. OR add some kind of cooler that's not quite a mini-fridge to the values.

For the above list of mods vs. values, there has to be differences in the room too for people to choose one category over the other. Currently, those differences are queen beds, double vanities, coffee makers and fridges at mods. Add fridges to the values and you take away that one amenity from the mods. Some people, like PP, may now opt for value over mod because of the fridge which is money off Disney's bottom line. That's why it's odd to me.

And currently in the values, I doubt there are many people who request fridges where they actually have to move them around as frequently as you think. I bet many people don't even realize fridges are available, and many others probably don't want to pay for it.

While comparing the differences between Mods and Values don't forget the Mod rooms are bigger.

I still haven't read about this new development anywhere else but here. So I'll ask again; Does anyone have the link to the original article about the "beverage coolers"? Surely the OP has the link.

Full Service restaurant
Hot Tub
Pool slide

And larger rooms, recent addition of Queen beds. CBR is the last mod not to have queens. More landscaping. Adding a fridge and coffee pot isn't the only thing that differentiates mods vs value, I agree.

I know one factor for us in deciding our resort choice (w/a 30% pin code in June) between ASMO or CBR was uncovered bus stop in the summer at the value. There are other factors too but I am willing to stay at the All Stars. I never understood why they were set on burning up the guests that had to stay at the values during the hotter months.

Full Service restaurant
Hot Tub
Pool slide
I agree. I didn't even think of mini-fridges and coffee pots when comparing the two. I do think it is ridic the values don't have them. Will the AoA "values" have them? Do the value suites have them?

And larger rooms, recent addition of Queen beds. CBR is the last mod not to have queens. More landscaping. Adding a fridge and coffee pot isn't the only thing that differentiates mods vs value, I agree.
Also true.

I know one factor for us in deciding our resort choice (w/a 30% pin code in June) between ASMO or CBR was uncovered bus stop in the summer at the value. There are other factors too but I am willing to stay at the All Stars. I never understood why they were set on burning up the guests that had to stay at the values during the hotter months.

I agree. This was the issue that got to us the most. Not having to occasionally share a bus with the other All Stars or having standing room only on the bus, but having to wait at an uncovered bus stop in the August heat. We felt like steaks on a grill, even if the bus wait time was only ten or fifteen minutes.

Yes, for medical need the fee was waived. The last time I paid for one the going rate was $10 per night.

Good to know, that's not so bad. I used to work at a Hyatt Regency that charged $25/night :sad2:

The last time I stayed over at Royal Pacific at Universal the room fridge was locked. There was a fee to use it. That's a Deluxe resort.:mad: They also had Fuji water, nuts, and I think candy sitting out on the dresser. However, on the TV was a price list if you ate/drank them. On the first day thinking it was complimentary, I grabbed the water and almost drank it, before I saw the little card saying it was over $8.00 for that bottle. lol

If anyone is currently staying at All-Star Movies and could get a look at one of the "beverage coolers" I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.:)

We have always paid for a fridge at the values because our son is allergic to cow's milk and only drinks soy. You can get soy milk at SOME Disney locations but definitely not all. I've never asked if this counts as a "medical" reason. Do you think it does? May not even have to worry about it if the values are all getting them.

Normally medical needs is medication that needs to be refrigerated.

Food allergies are very prevalent and don't really qualify as medical needs.

If they are calling it a "beverage cooler" and not a fridge, I'm assuming it is more like a glorified ice bucket and not an actual fridge. It would be really nice if it was a real fridge.... keep your fingers crossed.

If they are calling it a "beverage cooler" and not a fridge, I'm assuming it is more like a glorified ice bucket and not an actual fridge. It would be really nice if it was a real fridge.... keep your fingers crossed.

On another board, that is also disney related they had a picture posted of what they refer to as beverage coolers on the Disney cruise line, and it is a "beer cooler."

You can call it a fridge all you want, but it is a beverage cooler. I am an architect; we have specified them on projects. There a lot of differences. It is much easier to install and it doesn't consume the electric that regular fridges do, as well as they are much easier to deliver due to their decreased weight.

So, the name of the thread is deceiving and it will be still be more advantageous to stay at a moderate and get a regular fridge.

I would be more excited about free wifi over a fridge. My husband's job requires him to work online a certain amount of time each week and we get raked over the coals in Wifi charges every time we go!

I would like a coffee pot, but honestly, Wifi would be my first choice of an improvement!:surfweb:

Don't count on it being an actual refrigerator. The "beverage coolers" on the Magic and Wonder ships are not refrigerators - they are not motorized. They're insulated, and putting ice inside can keep them cold but you do need to change out the ice.

At a mod, you are paying a higher rate, because you are paying for the electrical consumption of the fridge. If you add the same amentities to the values, you have to pass along the costs and then it isn't a value resort anymore.

By installing a beverage cooler, without the electrical consumption of a regular fridge, you can keep costs down and it remains a value resort.

It is like when you book a deluxe, you are paying for a kitchenette - it is not just the amentity, you are also paying for the higher electrical consumption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter