Apparently I dislike FP+...alot

It's really semantics at this point- my original point is that I think fp+ allows more people access to single rides on more attractions, where fp allowed multiple rides for fewer people. FP+ evens things out among more people in that regard-

So if I were going to further define it- I'd say it spread the wealth better- but as I said, this is surely a matter of semantics at this point. :)

I absoluteyl. agree that more people are getting single rides on attractions now, but personally I don't think it's entirely, or even mostly, because of the FP+ system itself. I think it has a lot to do with the marketing Disney is doing to make sure people know about the FP+ system and encouraging them to use it.

If Disney had put this much effort into publicizing legacy, I think more people would have gotten single rides under that system as well, because I think more people would have been heading to the FP machines and getting FPs while others were still waiting for their next window to open, which would have limited the amount of "re-riding" as well.

Basically, if legacy had been publicized at much as FP+ is, I think the amount of people using it would have been very similar to the amount using FP+. Because the number of people using it would have been so much higher, it would have been a much different system than it was (in terms of availability, re-riding, etc). The types of guests that legacy favored still would have been true (those who get there at RD), but distribution would have been more widespread, I think.

It wasn't me who made that decision, although I do agree with it- Staying on site should get you more perks is an idea I wholeheartedly agree with. It's Disney's choice as to how they choose to market their product.

If it were as simple as onsite guests have an advantage, I may not agree, but I could understand.

But there are onsite guests who get shut out of those hard to get FP+ too, just because their stay isn't long enough. I have much more of a problem with that.

It wasn't me who made that decision, although I do agree with it- Staying on site should get you more perks is an idea I wholeheartedly agree with. It's Disney's choice as to how they choose to market their product.

I understand that. But you are the one calling it fair. Others disagree whether it is fair to give people more in the parks because they paid more for a room.

It is what it is. But that doesn't mean it is fair.

I understand that. But you are the one calling it fair. Others disagree whether it is fair to give people more in the parks because they paid more for a room.

It is what it is. But that doesn't mean it is fair.

No, I try my best to not use the word fair-

I agree- it is what it is.

I just returned from our 10 day trip with 8 park days.
Our first day was Sun 10/26 and we spent it in MK
We had FP+ for Little Mermaid, ETWB and 7DMT

After they were used up at 11a, we got FP for Peter Pan, Speedway and Buzz - we also had a FP for BOG lunch.

I found the kiosk a breeze to use once I politely dimissed the CM from helping me, they seemed to slow everyone down IMO

In between all our FP reservations we also rode Dumbo, Pooh, Small World, Mad Tea Party, Barnstormer, BTMR and Splash. We saw Monsters Inc show and even though we had time my kids declined Space

We did not take time for FOFP because I knew we FP+ it later in trip.

We showed up at 9:15 and departed at 5:30 for our CM reservation at 6:50pm

We had much more difficulty in other parks like Epcot and HS but that's okay.

We rode Test Track with FP+ and did Soarin after our dinner at Garden Grill for 30 minute wait. That was our one and only wait.

Personally for my family who has little kids we can't do rope drop to close so FP+ came in handy for us and we were always able to capitalize on 4/5/6 or more FP

No, I try my best to not use the word fair-

I agree- it is what it is.

Actually, mom2rtk is correct - you have used the word fair in this particular thread. Whether you meant to or not, that is what people are responding to

And that would be why I think the new system is more fair and you don't. It's not just more fair for me, it's more fair for people who travel during the busy season and people who park hop.

Actually, mom2rtk is correct - you have used the word fair in this particular thread. Whether you meant to or not, that is what people are responding to

OMG- I'm amazed at the searching time people will spend trying to catch somebody being wrong about some little detail or use of a word.
I said
I try my best to not use the word fair
- I don't always succeed. If you go thru all my posts, I think you'll find the use of the word "fair" once- compared to who knows how many times I've said "more level playing field".

But yes, you have a "gotcha", I did indeed use the word "fair" one time....at least. Heck, if you search, you might find it again.

As I said, I try my best not to qualify fp+ as fair or not fair. I just don't like the sound of it- it sounds like a first grader crying to her teacher..."But it's not fair!!!". That's just me and how it comes off to me, so I attempt to avoid it. Sometimes...**gasp**...I fail.

OMG- I'm amazed at the searching time people will spend trying to catch somebody being wrong about some little detail or use of a word.
I said - I don't always succeed. If you go thru all my posts, I think you'll find the use of the word "fair" once- compared to who knows how many times I've said "more level playing field".

But yes, you have a "gotcha", I did indeed use the word "fair" one time....at least. Heck, if you search, you might find it again.

As I said, I try my best not to qualify fp+ as fair or not fair. I just don't like the sound of it- it sounds like a first grader crying to her teacher..."But it's not fair!!!". That's just me and how it comes off to me, so I attempt to avoid it. Sometimes...**gasp**...I fail.

Honestly cakebaker, you used the word fair three times just two pages back in one post. It's not like anyone had to do a massive search. :confused3

It just feels like you say something, then deny that you said it, or say that you never meant it. It's the constant back pedalling that has me confused. :scratchin

It's because we *recall* that you said it and we're questioning our sanity because you then come back and say you didn't!

I seriously have questioned my memory and my sanity multiple times in regards to some of your posts. I go back to find the old post to reassure myself that I'm not going insane!

Honestly cakebaker, you used the word fair three times just two pages back in one post. It's not like anyone had to do a massive search. :confused3

It just feels like you say something, then deny that you said it, or say that you never meant it. It's the constant back pedalling that has me confused. :scratchin

You beat me to it. I feel so confused too!

I didn't search anything. You wrote that reply *to me*. I remembered it. Seriously, I don't have time to go back and search things like that. I only said something because you seemed to think no one had a reason to respond to you re:fairness, and I was just pointing out why people were responding that way.

It wasn't meant as a "gotcha" post in the snarky way you took it to be. I should have known that it would be taken that way, though, so that's my fault for not putting that disclaimer on it the first time. I thought putting the "whether or not you meant to say it" would indicate that I was understanding that sometimes we say things we don't mean to, and that I wasn't trying to be snarky. I was wrong, obviously.

I'm sorry that you took it to be me being snarky, that wasn't my intent.

Honestly cakebaker, you used the word fair three times just two pages back in one post. It's not like anyone had to do a massive search. :confused3 It just feels like you say something, then deny that you said it, or say that you never meant it. It's the constant back pedalling that has me confused. :scratchin

Yes- that would be the one single post in all of this discussion that I used the word fair-which is what I referred to.

This is ridulous sidetracking of the issue and I'm not entertaining it beyond this post. Fair or balanced or even are all pretty much the same thing. I simply said I try to avoid using the word because I don't like the implications of it. Quit saying I said anything else than that. Never denied I said fair, never said I never use the word- said I try not to.

Enough- if you have something about fp+, I'd be happy to discuss but I'm tired of this game playing.

I'm tired of this game playing.

Well, on that we can agree, but I'm not sure who is playing who ....

In regards to FP+, it's not a level playing field and it's not fair. Now, which side of that argument were you on?

Yes- that would be the one single post in all of this discussion that I used the word fair-which is what I referred to.

This is ridulous sidetracking of the issue and I'm not entertaining it beyond this post. Fair or balanced or even are all pretty much the same thing. I simply said I try to avoid using the word because I don't like the implications of it. Quit saying I said anything else than that. Never denied I said fair, never said I never use the word- said I try not to.

Enough- if you have something about fp+, I'd be happy to discuss but I'm tired of this game playing.

No one's playing games with you, but you keep making contradictory statements. Then when you're caught, you accuse the people who have called you out as being childish. Then, rather than being adult about the whole thing and admitting you were wrong, you act offended and refuse to discuss it.

This isn't the first time it's happened. It's something you repeatedly do on multiple threads. I honestly think people get tired of you making bold pronouncements and then denying you ever made them.

Now go ahead and follow your usual MO, refuse to take responsibility for what you've said and be sure and call my post ridiculous.

No one's playing games with you, but you keep making contradictory statements. Then when you're caught, you accuse the people who have called you out as being childish. Then, rather than being adult about the whole thing and admitting you were wrong, you act offended and refuse to discuss it.

This isn't the first time it's happened. It's something you repeatedly do on multiple threads. I honestly think people get tired of you making bold pronouncements and then denying you ever made them.

Now go ahead and follow your usual MO, refuse to take responsibility for what you've said and be sure and call my post ridiculous.

I am glad it is not just me. Sometimes I am afraid I'm going insane.

My favorite part is how we're ridiculous for remembering what happened yesterday. :lmao:

I am glad it is not just me. Sometimes I am afraid I'm going insane.

My favorite part is how we're ridiculous for remembering what happened yesterday. :lmao:

I like being accused of performing major searches to find contradictory statements.

Yes, it's reassuring when you discover you're not imagining what's been said. No itchin', you don't need a psych eval.;)

Ok, so we have established that FP+ is not fair (NOT that that was ever anyone's claim, of course) and does not level the playing field (except for certain people for whom the level playing field is tilted in their favor).

What it DOES is redistribute availability of FP+ in favor of people who have resort reservations.

Does that about sum it up?

What it DOES is redistribute availability of FP+ in favor of people who have resort reservations.

Does that about sum it up?

Pretty much...but I'd take it a step further and say that it redistributes availability in favor of people who have resort reservations AND who have 7 day stays or longer.

We're staying at Yacht Club, but only have 4 day tickets, and we were shut out of A&E/FOF/Wishes at 60 days, and 7DMT was gone for our entire trip 5 mins after my window opened...so people checking in the day after I am would have found no availability for those days.

Basically, I'm just saying that even being onsite isn't a guarantee of anything - you can still get shut out. Longer stays will pretty much guarantee that you can get any FP+, especially the later in the trip you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter