Apparently I dislike FP+...alot

Pretty much...but I'd take it a step further and say that it redistributes availability in favor of people who have resort reservations AND who have 7 day stays or longer. We're staying at Yacht Club, but only have 4 day tickets, and we were shut out of A&E/FOF/Wishes at 60 days, and 7DMT was gone for our entire trip 5 mins after my window opened...so people checking in the day after I am would have found no availability for those days. Basically, I'm just saying that even being onsite isn't a guarantee of anything - you can still get shut out. Longer stays will pretty much guarantee that you can get any FP+, especially the later in the trip you go.

Fair enough. I'll amend my statement. :)

I think it's clear WDW is favoring people who are willing to stay onsite for a week or more.

Ok, so we have established that FP+ is not fair (NOT that that was ever anyone's claim, of course) and does not level the playing field (except for certain people for whom the level playing field is tilted in their favor).

couldn't have summarized it any better! Thanks for the laugh :lmao:

Ok, so we have established that FP+ is not fair (NOT that that was ever anyone's claim, of course) and does not level the playing field (except for certain people for whom the level playing field is tilted in their favor).

What it DOES is redistribute availability of FP+ in favor of people who have resort reservations.

Does that about sum it up?

::yes::

Wow, you guys are still debating this?

Here's how I look at it.

Paper FP favored people who had the knowledge of how to best navigate the park to take maximum advantage of it. Although it wasn't necessary, it helped if you had someone who could split off from the group to go to get the FPs when the window opened up to get them. It was "fair" in the sense that anyone could study up and obtain that knowledge, but the net result is that there was a significantly uneven distribution of the FPs among park guests.

FP+ favors onsite guests, especially those with extended stays because they get the first crack at FPs. But, the net result almost certainly is that the number of FPs per guest is more evenly distributed than it was before. It is "fair" in the sense that everyone has an equal opportunity to stay onsite, though some choose not to stay onsite for a variety of perfectly legitimate reasons.

Disney has apparently decided that, if the playing field is not going to be perfectly level, they want to tilt it in favor of the guests who are making the greatest commitment to Disney. That is "fair" in the sense that Disney obviously has the right to decide how to dole out resources that it owns and controls.

Bottom line is that it is what it is and guests have to decide how to deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter