APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update guys, 2 Garden Rooms on APH rate for HRH booked for 5/9 - 5/12. Updated rate post $224 Wed and Thursday $249 Friday

I assumed that they were talking about Memorial Day (May 26-28th) not Columbus Day (in October), given the context of the conversation.

There were people looking for that Easter time frame, so I'm warning folks that if they are looking for an even busier holiday they may not get a rate. That being said, I think HHN is a big draw over the Columbus Day weekend and the three (or in our case 5) day break only encourages people to go on vacation during that time.

APH rates were released for my dates (4/28-5/1) this morning, as well. We're staying at RPR in a standard room and currently, only the RPR suites are being offered at the APH rate for my dates. I called Universal and was advised to keep checking back, as APH rates for standard rooms, if offered, won't be released until after the suites are mostly booked up.

Not sure how i feel about that as it means platinum members would be paying rack rate for the suite upgrade

When did Columbus Day weekend sell out, if you know? Thinking about doing HHN for the first time with the kiddo (well not so kiddo anymore), and this would be the only time he's out of school. Thanks

It had minimum stay requirements in place earlier than usual. Several large conventions had blocks of rooms that weren't released until very last minute. I had Wednesday to Saturday @ RPH booked early (as in 2016). Initially only SF was open for the dates I added on Saturday to Tuesday.

Congrats to all finding great rates.

Reservations for the Hard Rock in June. There are 5 in my party we have a standard room 2 queens. Would I be guaranteed a roll away or should I plan on bringing a blow up mattress - if a rollaway can’t be guaranteed

It had minimum stay requirements in place earlier than usual. Several large conventions had blocks of rooms that weren't released until very last minute. I had Wednesday to Saturday @ RPH booked early (as in 2016). Initially only SF was open for the dates I added on Saturday to Tuesday.

Congrats to all finding great rates.

Went ahead and booked HRH for Columbus Day. If we end up not going, I can cancel for a refund. I probably didn't need to do it so early, but might as well. I was completely prepared to pay rack rate for a holiday weekend like that. I was pleasantly surprised that the rack rate for a pool view 2 queen during Columbus Day was just slightly higher then the AP rate for mid-March, which I just got this morning. We have been to Disney during NYE and Universal Memorial Day weekend, but never for Columbus Day, so I wasn't sure which level of insanity it was.

Went ahead and booked HRH for Columbus Day. If we end up not going, I can cancel for a refund. I probably didn't need to do it so early, but might as well. I was completely prepared to pay rack rate for a holiday weekend like that. I was pleasantly surprised that the rack rate for a pool view 2 queen during Columbus Day was just slightly higher then the AP rate for mid-March, which I just got this morning. We have been to Disney during NYE and Universal Memorial Day weekend, but never for Columbus Day, so I wasn't sure which level of insanity it was.

Insanity, well...let's just call it crazy good!:banana:

I did find AP rates for PB for my dates of 5/18-5/21 when I got home on my laptop. Looking on my phone earlier wasn't working maybe. Yay!

PB garden view 5/18-5/21 for $240/night.

Insanity, well...let's just call it crazy good!:banana:

I don't really think it's insanity. My son and I went to Volcano Bay opening weekend, and DH and I have been to Disney World for NYE. I actually like the crowds:confused3 We are also seriously considering a Disneyland trip for the first summer of Star Wars land opening:crazy: I suspect Columbus Day at HHN will be busy but manageable for our expectations.

Congratulations on the great rates, everyone! Since it seems rates are widely available through the end of May now, I updated the first post. It’s making me want to book another trip to Orlando, even though I just left there this afternoon!

I'm looking for a club level room at Hard Rock but I'm not seeing the annual pass rates for the room. There are standard rooms available but I'm wondering is it worth it to keep checking? Is there a chance they will have more rooms later or are the club level ones sold out at that rate (they are available regular price)?

I'm looking for a club level room at Hard Rock but I'm not seeing the annual pass rates for the room. There are standard rooms available but I'm wondering is it worth it to keep checking? Is there a chance they will have more rooms later or are the club level ones sold out at that rate (they are available regular price)?
What are your dates?
Ap rates come out at different times of the year
If you plan on a room is June, too early right now for ap releases

You can book now and call to modify your room rate when you see an ap rate to apply to your reservation

I'm looking at May 20-25. They have pool view rooms available at the annual pass rate, just not club level rooms. But their are club level rooms available at full price so I didn't know if they would release some others closer to May or if all the rooms available at the annual pass rate are released at the same time.

I'm looking at May 20-25. They have pool view rooms available at the annual pass rate, just not club level rooms. But their are club level rooms available at full price so I didn't know if they would release some others closer to May or if all the rooms available at the annual pass rate are released at the same time.

It may be possible with you being there 5 nights that a SMSM rate during the weekdays is more competitive than APH. It could also depend on the resort. I've never had much luck finding a Royal Pacific APH rate on the lower end or club rooms. I think they're just so popular at the times I travel. People seem to love Royal Pacific and I can see why, we just didn't unfortunately.

I can say that with Portofino, I was waiting and waiting for garden view rooms to come up on APH and it was about 2 weeks out that they appeared under the APH rate. @macraven was totally right in that they do keep adding them up until the end and to keep checking if you can. This year I probably won't even stress about it and will keep my Bay View.

I am trying to find a decent price for a 2 night stay (4/6 & 4/7). We have annual passes. Everything i have looked at is over $250 a night. Any suggestions?

When you stay during a popular time, hotel rates reflect higher rates

I choose to start my stay at a time hotel rates are fine for me
Since September has lower rates and my main goal is time in October for hhn, I book the end of September to start my stay

My hotel rate is low in September and my dates in October are based on the September rate

Looking at the date/rate thread, my room rate is about $35-40 less a night then
Weekend rates are higher for everyone Sunday-Thursday rates are better when you want to keep expenses lower

Your $250 a night for April is not bad

Keep watching in case the rooms don’t move and the price could fall if Loews wants to fill all the hotel rooms

Book when you can live with the price
Call and modify your rate when you see rates drop
They will go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter