AP Ticket window is now open

Thats interesting. Normally the upgrade would be the price you paid and you’d not get the value of a 6 day ticket.

Id probably still try.
Escalation to Guest Services from the standard ticketing people did get it done. The value was applied. Horray for all the holds finally being over, on to the trip, 4 days to go!

Let us know what you find. I have the same concern. I bought the pass while logged in, and now it's showing September 7th 2022 as the expiration.

I contacted Disney via the MDE chat, and they got back to me within hours. They confirmed that the pass associated with my account is an exchange certificate, and it is activated on first use. Sept. 7, 2022 is when the certificate can no longer be exchanged for a Sorcerer Pass. I did not ask, but I assume that you can apply the value to whatever tickets or passes are available after 9/7/22 just as in the past.

Here is the language from an email posted that clears it https://www.disboards.com/attachments/1631210310346-png.603527/
Thanks. They didn’t post it this at the bottom of my email. Could it be because I purchased from DVC? It wouldn’t make sense for it to be any other way except the CM was so insistent and she told me I was purchasing a certificate But insisited my park pass would expire in September. It just seems if they were getting questioned that they could double check.
This is a big year for Me since my son is getting married June 7 at the wedding pavilion at the grand Floridian. we are taking a mother son trip in January and then hoping for a trip the first week in December..

Last edited:
Do you think they mean the clock starts as soon as you buy? Or after the first use, like even if you buy it today but don't use it until Feb 2022-will it be valid until Feb 2023?
That is what I was told but I feel certain I was told incorrectly. I believe the poster below me is correct and the other posters that have clarified for me and I just got a CM who was misinformed.

Apologies if this has been asked previously!

I currently have 2 Sorceror APs in my cart on the Disney site, one with PhotoPass and one without. One is for me (DVC member), one for my partner (same address but not a DVC member).

I just want to confirm she will be fine with that AP before I hit the pay button! I ask because it does say that a valid DVC Membership card must be produced at the park to collect the ticket. :confused:

Apologies if this has been asked previously!

I currently have 2 Sorceror APs in my cart on the Disney site, one with PhotoPass and one without. One is for me (DVC member), one for my partner (same address but not a DVC member).

I just want to confirm she will be fine with that AP before I hit the pay button! I ask because it does say that a valid DVC Membership card must be produced at the park to collect the ticket. :confused:
At the time of activation, your partner will need to show a photo id that has the same address as you. As long as that can be done, everything will be fine.

At the time of activation, your partner will need to show a photo id that has the same address as you. As long as that can be done, everything will be fine.

Thanks so much. Her driving license has the same address as me on it!

Should I call Member Services to upgrade 7 day Park Hoppers to DVC Annual Passes or do I have to call somewhere else??? Confusing

Should I call Member Services to upgrade 7 day Park Hoppers to DVC Annual Passes or do I have to call somewhere else??? Confusing

The easiest way is for you to go to your first park and before you scan to go in, go to the ticket booth and have them upgrade it for you. The AP booth lines at the parks has been empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter