AP + the Dining plan question.....

JMLBrats

DIS Veteran
Yes, we're DVC members, but we also like to stay at the non dvc resorts sometimes and we've never bought the AP's before, but now feel that w/the discount it may be worth it for us since we go at least once a year anyway. The question is, we're staying at the Poly for a few nights and didn't know how to handle getting the pass and signing up for the meal plan (and making sure we get the DVC discounted price when doing it). :confused3 Anyone?
Thanks!

The AP may be purchased at any Guest Service station at all Theme Parks and also at DD. Just be sure to have your DVC membership card and a photo ID. You can also order the AP online in advance and just activate it once at WDW.

If you are staying at the POly on points you cannot add the Dining Plan as that is only available when staying at DVC Resorts when using points. If your Poly stay is on cash, the DDP will need to be arranged thru that reservation.

You might also consider looking at the Disney Dining Experience - available to AP holders and FL residents. That would need to be ordered in advance once you have your AP voucher.

The AP may be purchased at any Guest Service station at all Theme Parks and also at DD. Just be sure to have your DVC membership card and a photo ID. You can also order the AP online in advance and just activate it once at WDW.

If you are staying at the POly on points you cannot add the Dining Plan as that is only available when staying at DVC Resorts when using points. If your Poly stay is on cash, the DDP will need to be arranged thru that reservation.

You might also consider looking at the Disney Dining Experience - available to AP holders and FL residents. That would need to be ordered in advance once you have your AP voucher.

Good point, Doc-thanks. That might be a good solution. But when you say you need the voucher, what exactly does that mean. Was just reading on the other thread about the ticket price increase, so if we purchased now through member services, would we be able to order the DDE right away?

The AP voucher will have a number that you can use to order the DDE. The AP is good for one year from the day you activate it at WDW. The DDE is good from the time you order it so you want to order it in a way to get the most amount of time out of it if you are planning more than one trip in year. You can order the DDE and pick up a temporary card at EPCOT guest relations if you want to wait until closer to your trip to get it. We have done this twice to get the extra time out of it.

If you book the Poly through CRO, to get the MYW dining plan you will have to buy a package with at least a 1 day MYW ticket.

Yeah, I think we're leaning towards the DDE right now. So how close to arrival time can we order the DDE to be able to get the temporary card?

Also, we're leaving in about 2 weeks, so do we have enough time to get the AP's in the mail (thinking about ordering in advance because of the talk that prices will go up) or should we just buy them when we arrive?

Yeah, I think we're leaning towards the DDE right now. So how close to arrival time can we order the DDE to be able to get the temporary card?

Also, we're leaving in about 2 weeks, so do we have enough time to get the AP's in the mail (thinking about ordering in advance because of the talk that prices will go up) or should we just buy them when we arrive?

You are cutting it close to order from home and get the AP's in the mail. I ordered AP's online last month and they arrived in my mailbox 8 days later. After I got the AP, I called and ordered the DDE and I'm still waiting for that card to arrive-that was about 3 weeks ago. I expect to receive the DDE card in the mail soon though because they told me 3-4 weeks on the phone when I ordered.

You can do the AP as a will call, but that means you won't have the voucher number to order DDE.

If you arrive on a weekday you can pick up your AP and call DDE. They will deliver the temporary DDE card to Epcot Guest Relations at 5 pm if you call in time.

I ordered one of my DDE cards on the phone from DTD after activating my AP in the morning and picked up the temporary card at 5PM that day. They only do this M-F so when we were arriving on the weekend I called on the Friday before we left. If you order he vouchers today you will probably get them before you leave. Someone once suggested that maybe MS could connect you to the person at DDE and verify that you did in fact buy the voucher- you might want to ask about that. Good luck

thanks for all the great tips guys. I think we'll probably order the AP's now for p/u at the parks and will then get the temp DDE card as some of you suggested. Don't want to wait to buy the AP's since they are supposedly going to raise the price again...:rolleyes:

thanks for all the great tips guys. I think we'll probably order the AP's now for p/u at the parks and will then get the temp DDE card as some of you suggested. Don't want to wait to buy the AP's since they are supposedly going to raise the price again...:rolleyes:
You will need the numbers off the back of a voucher or an actual AP pass to order the DDE. The confirmation number you get when you choose the will call (p/u at the parks) option will NOT work.

If you want to use will call option, you can pick up your AP and then call the DDE office from WDW. But the DDE office is only open 9a - 5p M-F, so if you arrive late on a Friday you won't be able to order the card until Monday morning. You have to order before a certain time to be able to pick up your temp card on the same day (after 5:30p at Epcot GR main entrance).

I ordered one of my DDE cards on the phone from DTD after activating my AP in the morning and picked up the temporary card at 5PM that day. They only do this M-F so when we were arriving on the weekend I called on the Friday before we left. If you order he vouchers today you will probably get them before you leave. Someone once suggested that maybe MS could connect you to the person at DDE and verify that you did in fact buy the voucher- you might want to ask about that. Good luck

All correct facts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter