AP question from a newbie

1st_time_mouser

Earning My Ears
My DW, DD (11), and DS(7) and I are leaving for WDW in 12 days! This is our first ever, "just the four of us" vacation. I've done all the research (been planning this trip since Feb. '02)! And I've been reading the DIS boards religiously trying to keep up on the tips and great suggestions. I can't begin to tell you how helpful you've all been!

We're staying at the Polynesian (GV) and I've secured an AP rate of $199/night (not including tax).

My question is, "Can I purchase a child's AP (even though my name is on the reservation) and still get the AP rate? We're going with the UPH for everyone else.

One other question. Does anybody have any experience with crowd levels on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend?

Thank you in advance for responding to my post.

Originally posted by 1st_time_mouser
...My question is, "Can I purchase a child's AP (even though my name is on the reservation) and still get the AP rate? We're going with the UPH for everyone else.
Official policy said no for a long time but in recent times, there has been no problem doing this. Even WDTC is saying that it's acceptable. Plus keep in mind the fact that 95% of people checking in with AP discounts are not even asked to show their pass, let alone have the CM see whether it's an adult's or a child's.

One other question. Does anybody have any experience with crowd levels on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend?
Memorial Day weekend - all of it - is very crowded especially at the MK.

WELCOME 1ST TIME MOUSER! ISN'T THE INFO HERE WONDERFUL?
WE WILL BE AT THE POLY FROM 5/23 TO 6/3. WE HAVE PLANNED ON SPENDING MOST OF MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND DOING THINGS AT OUR HOTEL. WE ALSO PLAN TO DO THE PETTING ZOO AT FORT WILDERNESS. WE ARE GOING TO DO THE E-NIGHT ON THE 24TH. WE ARE HOPING LATER IN EVENING THINGS WON'T BE SO PACKED.
WE ARE PREPARING FOR THE WORST BUT... WE WILL BE IN WDW!!
WE ALSO MADE FANTASMIC DINNER RESERVATIONS ON SUNDAY NIGHT SO WE KNOW WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING EXCITING TO DO THAT NIGHT.
MAYBE WE WILL SEE YA'LL AT THE POOL... I'LL BE THE MOMMY MORE EXCITED THAN HER DD'S. I GET MISTY EYED JUST LOOKING AT THE CASTLE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter