AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

man am I confused.......... sorry if this has been asked but i can't flip through 250 pages lol

So my wife is a former AP holder. We always booked RO, she'd get the AP discount when offered, and i'd buy a 5 day hopper.

Now she's telling me with the park reservation system we can't do that. That park reservations are pulled from different databases. We planned on buying a package with two five day hoppers (since we can't buy AP now) and IF we felt like by the time November comes that we would be back again within a year, OR if AP discount drops, that we would upgrade her to the AP. But she's telling me she would lose any park reservations and/or fastpasses made with the hopper which would obviously screw over our trip.

Is this true? Can you not upgrade to an AP and keep your reservations?

Is this true? Can you not upgrade to an AP and keep your reservations?

A party can have more than 1 kind of tickets and still get park reservations. With an AP and an on-site reservation, all could pull from the Resort bucket.

Right now, nobody can upgrade to an AP. But your park reservations would not be impacted if that were to become an option by November. Despite what the website notes, the park reservation is not actually tied to the specific ticket and will remain in place as long as everyone has valid ticket media.

Nope. I cancelled my pass on August 10, 2020 that was set to expire December 9, 2020. I purchased a new pass on Feb 24 and entered a park with it that day, my expiration is 2/24/2022.
Yes, and how much did you pay? It wasnt at the Renewal Discount I'm sure

Try again.

I just did the exact same thing Monday.

My pass expires the end of July. I want to be able to book parks for a fall trip I don’t even have booked yet. The cast member was happy to do it.

ETA: the cm on the passholder line could have handled the entire transaction had I wanted to use a credit card. But since I wanted to apply the value of an existing ticket in my account and a Disney gift card, he had to forward me to ticketing. But the cm there had no problem completing the transaction.

I now have my current AP and a renewal certificate in my MDE.
Wow - crazy. Guess you got lucky with your CM and I got unlucky! LOL! Well, I went ahead and purchased 3 single day tickets in order to make park reservations for Oct. I've got a trip at the end of this month, so I'll visit a CM in person to renew my AP's and have my single day ticket prices applied to the renewal.

Just wanted to come back and update with my AP experience.

My AP expired in Nov/Dec 2020. I called Disney about 2 weeks ago inquiring about getting a new one. They submitted a form and told me it could take 30 days to hear back. I called again a few days ago (I know, I'm impatient). They submitted the form (again) and I got a call back today! Of course, me being me, I immediately declined the call because it came from an 800 number. :crazy2: I called back the Disney pass holder line and put myself in a digital line for a call back. They called back after about 75 minutes and I spoke with a rep who went through everything again and then told me someone would call me back shortly. I received a call back within about 20 minutes and I was able to purchase AP's for my husband and myself. Yay!

Quick question. We've always purchased the Platinum Plus passes. The new pass is a "Platinum pass." Does this pass not include the water parks? I'm hoping to go to Blizzard Beach a couple times.

My AP expired in Nov/Dec 2020. I called Disney about 2 weeks ago inquiring about getting a new one. They submitted a form and told me it could take 30 days to hear back. I called again a few days ago (I know, I'm impatient). They submitted the form (again) and I got a call back today! Of course, me being me, I immediately declined the call because it came from an 800 number. :crazy2: I called back the Disney pass holder line and put myself in a digital line for a call back. They called back after about 75 minutes and I spoke with a rep who went through everything again and then told me someone would call me back shortly. I received a call back within about 20 minutes and I was able to purchase AP's for my husband and myself. Yay!
Did your husband also have a recently expired AP?

Quick question. We've always purchased the Platinum Plus passes. The new pass is a "Platinum pass." Does this pass not include the water parks? I'm hoping to go to Blizzard Beach a couple times.
It doesn’t include the water parks. Since the water parks haven’t reopened yet they are not selling passes that include access. You should be able to upgrade to platinum plus after the water parks reopen.

It doesn’t include the water parks. Since the water parks haven’t reopened yet they are not selling passes that include access. You should be able to upgrade to platinum plus after the water parks reopen.

Makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing this! Gives me hope that they might allow me to purchase a pass for myself while I’m buying my DD’s. Interesting that your call came from an 800 number - when they called me about my DD’s pass the other day, they called me from a number that I knew was Disney’s - 407-939-7532.

Thanks for sharing this! Gives me hope that they might allow me to purchase a pass for myself while I’m buying my DD’s. Interesting that your call came from an 800 number - when they called me about my DD’s pass the other day, they called me from a number that I knew was Disney’s - 407-939-7532.

It surprised me too! That left me picking up another 800 call, for fear of missing them again (nope, it was a cold call from Quicken loans :crazy2:). My final call did come from a 407 Disney number.

Platinum plus sales will resume March 7
Do you mean sales resume online or still only over the phone? I’m considering trying to get another AP after I canceled mine last summer. But I’d rather just wait and do it online, instead of calling, waiting, and playing phone tag...especially if it starts back on Sunday.

I'm also waiting for a callback to repurchase. So from people's experience, it could be from an 800 number OR a 407 area code?
Glad I saw that because I wouldn't have normally answered an unknown 800 number.

I got a call from a 407 number but I missed it and they didn’t leave a voice mail
The phone number was 407-216-5048 and when I dial it, it says invalid phone number...
Should I call back ticketing or should I expect a call back from Disney?
Has anyone been given a phone number to call back directly?

I'm not one to call people out, but if you have AP issues, don't ever speak to the supervisor CAROLINE at the Disney Springs Guest Relations location.

Short of it: I cancelled my Platinum Plus Annual Pass last year due to pandemic. One week ago, I purchased four day passes for my son and I over the phone and went to Disney Springs Guest Relations Thursday night, two days ago, to pick up the passes there. The very nice woman I worked with (who would have saved me today if I could have recalled her name today) told me that I was eligible to get my APs for my son and I back, and I could apply the money paid for the four day tickets, to my APs. At first, she said that we could only get Platinum, not Platinum Plus. I told her because we golf so much, we would need the Platinum Plus. She went into the back, came back out and said we could do it. At the time, I decided to hold because my son was with me and I wanted to surprise him.

This morning I returned to Disney Springs Guest Relations to buy the passes, surprise my son, and head to Epcot today. I had to go through the same song and dance (where they said only Platinum, I said I was a Platinum Plus AP holder, and we need Platinum Plus for golf). This person went into the back and brought out CAROLINE, who essentially called me a liar. She said there was no way they could have possibly approved this two days ago, because it was not documented anywhere and that the policy is black and white and this was due to pandemic. I asked her if she could determine who worked with me based upon the handwriting on the cards, or the time I showed up Thursday night, or the desk I was at. She looked at me like I was crazy, got loud and very rude and said "Sir we can't sell you a pass we aren't selling anyone else." I said "thanks for nothing" and walked out.

So now I don't know what to do. And now I'm one to call people out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter