AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Sorry if someone has already asked. I followed the link in the Disney Destinations email to request a refund, but I am confused as to whether or not I cancelled both my husband and I. It said just our last name and didn't list individual passholders. I received the confirmation email, but it didn't include our names, so I'm not sure. TIA

Sorry if someone has already asked. I followed the link in the Disney Destinations email to request a refund, but I am confused as to whether or not I cancelled both my husband and I. It said just our last name and didn't list individual passholders. I received the confirmation email, but it didn't include our names, so I'm not sure. TIA
Do you and your husband share the same MDE account? We do. We had the exact same situation. My husband and I have the same last name, but only received ONE confirmation email with no names on it. We ended up calling, just to make sure both passes were cancelled. The CM on the phone couldn't tell which pass was cancelled online, so he just cancelled both for us via phone. Good luck!

Sharing my cancellation experience for my family of four.

Out of state Platinum Plus AP
Original expiration: 6/21/20
Extended expiration (with extra month): 11/16/20

I called a few days before the parks opened to request partial refund. The very nice CM took down my request for partial refund, phone #, and other info and said Disney will call if they have questions.

A week or so later, I got two of the AP option emails. I clicked on the personalized link on both emails and selected the cancellation option. I received two generic confirmation emails.

Since there are four of us, like many others here, I did not know who's AP was actually cancelled. So today I called the AP line and waited on hold for a little over an hour before speaking to another very nice CM. He told me he saw only DH and my AP's were cancelled. DD14 and DD12 were not. So the CM put through the cancellation request for DD's and waited on the phone with me until the two generic confirmation emails arrived in my inbox, about 5 minutes later.

So I *think* we are all set now? It's frustrating to have to call multiple times and still find out that not all the cancellations were processed. I mean, if I didn't bother clicking on the email links bc I assumed the first call took care of everything, and I didn't call again today, how was I supposed to know that all four of our AP's were not actually cancelled? Really, how difficult is it to add a passholder's name to the email confirmation?? I might just give them another call before 8/11 just to make sure YET AGAIN that everything has been cancelled. 🤨

Since getting confirmations of the cancellations appear to be hit or miss and specific details are inadequate on the confirmations that are received, is there any problem with recording the conversation with the cm so that can serve as documentation of cancellation?

I know I would have to tell the cm that I am recording.
Regardless of intent, an overly confrontational approach in my opinion.

Regardless of intent, an overly confrontational approach in my opinion.
There would be nothing confrontational in my conversation at all. I’d simply state that since the system is not set up properly, it does not show who has been cancelled and I’d like to record the conversation to document the cancellation. Unless the cm I’m talking to is the one who set up the system, l can’t see why it would offend them.

There would be nothing confrontational in my conversation at all. I’d simply state that since the system is not set up properly, it does not show who has been cancelled and I’d like to record the conversation to document the cancellation. Unless the cm I’m talking to is the one who set up the system, l can’t see why it would offend them.
Lol...good luck

So.... why August 11th??
Seems like a random date! I know it's 30 days after the re-opening.... but.....
With all that's going on... why are they pushing this?
They can easily see if you have used your AP after the re-opening date... so why not inform everyone as long as not used since ther re-opening, that they have until say Dec 31st? So many people are waiting to see if things ease up to decide on trips in Oct, Nov and Dec.

Does anyone think that maybe on August 12th they will start selling APs again??

I am still waiting to see if anyone has any info for those that purchased through Sam's club. Why can't they just be up front and give us the information we need to make a decision.

I'd be very surprised if they would allow it. Or I should say I'd be surprised if Disney's policies allowed it. My guess is their training included instructions on either refusing to give consent or hanging up the call. I know most (if not all) banks don't allow their customer service reps to be recorded. I'd imagine it's the same for most corporations.

Looks like I’m getting something in today’s mail. Not sure which ticket refund yet.

Attachments

• 9DE70C26-9F40-4DCA-B7B9-C92152E6F5F6.jpeg
    9DE70C26-9F40-4DCA-B7B9-C92152E6F5F6.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 76
So.... why August 11th??
Seems like a random date! I know it's 30 days after the re-opening.... but.....
With all that's going on... why are they pushing this?
They can easily see if you have used your AP after the re-opening date... so why not inform everyone as long as not used since ther re-opening, that they have until say Dec 31st? So many people are waiting to see if things ease up to decide on trips in Oct, Nov and Dec.

Does anyone think that maybe on August 12th they will start selling APs again??

I am still waiting to see if anyone has any info for those that purchased through Sam's club. Why can't they just be up front and give us the information we need to make a decision.
I got a refund from Epcot Customer service for about the price of what I thought the refund should be. They put the credit in the credit card stored in my MDE.
What is odd is I have mine and DD’s bf in my account because I bought his ticket. He can’t go this fall is why I canceled. However I got my $ back but his ticket STILL shows good through 3/07/21.

I have a love/hate relationship with these USPS preview emails. Love knowing what's coming, but the suspense all day is the worst! I hope it is the amount you were expecting! Nothing in my preview email today.

I know! The worse is checking on vacation and seeing something strange coming. I try not to do it then.

I got a refund from Epcot Customer service for about the price of what I thought the refund should be. They put the credit in the credit card stored in my MDE.
What is odd is I have mine and DD’s bf in my account because I bought his ticket. He can’t go this fall is why I canceled. However I got my $ back but his ticket STILL shows good through 3/07/21.

yes, I paid for my granddaughters and one showed up in my cc account and said Epcot Guest services july 6, 2020 on it. I’m hoping the one arriving today by mail is for the second Granddaughte who I’ve not gotten refund for.

Disney is not handling this well at all. When was it announced that they would stop the option of getting a partial refund for the days the parks were closed? I just searched back through my e-mails, and did not receive anything, nor did I get a snail mail about it.
  • They can't tell me how much my prorated refund will be if I cancel until it goes through.
  • They've extended my pass the # of days the parks were closed +the extra 30, but there's no accounting for the inability to park-hop anymore.
  • You can't get through on the phone without spending hours on the phone. (While waiting on hold they're still talking about purchasing the park hopper option).
The communication with this roll-out has been horrible, not to mention the inability to get some days in the parks at all without a resort reservation.

@n2mm Was it an AP refund check?

yes it was. Though anyone waiting for multiple checks it does not identify who it’s for. My husband had 49 days on his pass, I had 79 and my granddaughter had 83. Going by the price I’m thinking it’s for me. I tried to come up with a formula by what I paid and what I got back. I’m still working on that. So anyone who had partial payment with a gift card will get a check. Every refund I’m waiting for was paid with a gift card, either all or partial. If I break the code, I’ll let you know. I have a non resident DVC gold renewal.

yes it was. Though anyone waiting for multiple checks it does not identify who it’s for. My husband had 49 days on his pass, I had 79 and my granddaughter had 83. Going by the price I’m thinking it’s for me. I tried to come up with a formula by what I paid and what I got back. I’m still working on that. So anyone who had partial payment with a gift card will get a check. Every refund I’m waiting for was paid with a gift card, either all or partial. If I break the code, I’ll let you know. I have a non resident DVC gold renewal.

Thanks for the update! It'll be interesting to see how closely together these arrive, and I'm glad we all know to keep an eye on the mail this week.

Out of State Platinum Renewal
Original Expiration: 11/27/2020
New expiration: 12/27/2020
Type of refund: partial
Amount: $347.57 x 2

My daughter and I visited for 5 days in late February and activated our passes. Those are the refunds we received. My wife has never activated her renewal. We were told we would receive the same amount for her but we did not receive anything. Both of the refunds came via check even though the card we used to buy the APs, a Disney Visa, is still active. I also called about 10 days ago to check on the refund.

Anyone received refunds for unactivated renewals? Looks like I’ll have to call the AP line again.

If anyone is posting about receiving refunds, I personally would be interested in knowing when you requested the refund. Was it before or after July 14 (when Disney sent out the emails containing the link which could be used to cancel)?

I know some people waited until that email arrived and then either used the link or called. But other people didn't wait for that email and contacted Disney earlier.

I'm assuming the people who are getting refunds now are the ones who contacted Disney earlier, but if people receiving refunds are posting I would like to know.

If anyone is posting about receiving refunds, I personally would be interested in knowing when you requested the refund. Was it before or after July 14 (when Disney sent out the emails containing the link which could be used to cancel)?

I know some people waited until that email arrived and then either used the link or called. But other people didn't wait for that email and contacted Disney earlier.

I'm assuming the people who are getting refunds now are the ones who contacted Disney earlier, but if people receiving refunds are posting I would like to know.

my request for refunds was April 28, 2020 (I got 1 out of 3). My daughter requested on June 14, 2020 (she got 3 out of 4 via direct deposit to credit card). Everything not arrived yet we’re partially paid with a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter