AP/MYW Dining Question

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
We have an AP room only discount and are DDE card holders. Does it make sense to purchase the MYW Dining with Tickets to get the free dining plan? I think I have read of people doing this, and planning to use the tickets only one day. Does the dining plan extend for the length of the stay?

I am confused about how to get the best deal! The AP room discount is significant, and the 20% off DDE is also a perk, But is there a way to get a better deal by the MYW with Dining?

Can I still have an AP discount on the room?

Can someone take pity on me and explain the best deal?

Lets see.

You can not get the AP rate and the dining free (or even pay for it).

You only need one day MYW tickets added to a rack rate room to get free dining for the entire stay, over 3 days and up to 10.

The value depends on where you are staying and how many people are in your room.

For me, a value with four in the room the free dining was worth way more than an AP discount. $90 (more or less depending on how you use it, but that is a good average value in my case).

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge ...2 adults, one eleven year old. The rack rate is 230.00 plus tax, the AP rate is 152.00. So the room difference is about $ 78.00 per night. (Before taxes) We will definitely spend that much on food, so that part makes sense, but then we have to get passes.

What do you think of this scenario?

The Free (or included) dining is based on your length of stay - not the number of days on your park pass.

I booked a 10 day hotel stay (at Pop Century) with the included dining and a one day pass because I am an annual pass holder.

The one day pass is good until I use it. I will probably add it to upgrade my annual pass when it expires.

HaleyB said:
Lets see.

You can not get the AP rate and the dining free (or even pay for it).
HaleyB,

Are you saying that you can't EVER book an AP rate and get a MYW package w/Dining? Going in Jan. 2006 and wanted to do this, if it's possible.

Bryan

I would think that you could get the dining by paying for it with the AP rate, just not the free dining with the AP rate?

I am still confused about this. To break it down what do I need to figure out?

Is it the AP room savings vs. The Free Food SAvings minus the ticket price? Is this the formula?

The way I understand it is that you have to pay the "rack rate" if you want to use the MYW with dining. I don't believe that you can get an AP discount on your room and then still get the MYW with dining, even if you are not going during the time when the dining is added in for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter