• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP discounts Easter Week?

goofyandmore

Mouseketeer
My kids usually get off school the week before Easter and last year we went down then and were able to get AP discount at Polynesian. However, next year we have off starting with Good Friday. Anybody know if there has ever been an Ap discount for Easter week or other codes available? I may have to change my vacation altogether now. Thanks, Carolyn

I know, but I'm wondering if they have given Ap for Easter week in the past or is it always blacked out. Thanks, Carolyn

Carolyn--This year I tried to get a discount the week after Easter. I was told the discounts were blacked out and in fact there were very few rooms available even at rack rate. This included AP rates, DC and a postcard (first date the discount was available was the Sunday night 1 week after Easter). A few people have posted a few DC discounts were available but I wouldn't count on it.
I wound up staying at Caribe Royale (115 rate through www.quickbook.com). The best Disney would do was $180 for a moderate (NO THANKS).

Thanks for the response. I just called the Disney Club line and the rate for the Poly concierage garden view for the Monday after Easter is over $550 per night. I paid last April (week before Easter) $254 with Ap discount. So, I it looks like my chances of staying at one of the deluxes is bad. I am going to have to start looking at other hotels. Thanks.

Plan on rack rate and if you wait only the 550 CLV will be available. Book your airfare, that also goes quick. Plenty of reasonable rates available off site, Caribe Royale is a great location and excellent value.

I've been to WDW the past 11 Easter and have never received an AP discount and I had one. In fact, I have never gotten any discount at Easter except for this coming year. I was able to get AKL with a AAA discount and the teacher discount at the Swan. I'm really glad that someone(Swan and Dolphin) realizes that educators have to go when the kids are off, there's no cutting school for us, and doesn't blackout Easter week.

Thanks for the response. Since you have gone 11 times at Easter, you certainly would know if Disney has offered an AP discount at that time. That is really depressing. The regular rates are so high at the deluxes, I can't imagine going without a discount. Thanks again though, Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter