AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I'm staying at Poly the last weekend of January and no discount. Boo. Actually, the discount applied to very few resorts that weekend, which is disappointing. Oh well, I was prepared to pay rack rate for a short weekend trip anyway. :(
Yes, weekend discounts are tough.

I'm a little disappointed in the rates for my dates at the end of January. I was able to save an additional $129 over the AP rate for my 4 nights at POFQ by booking through Club1. Already called wholesale to get the confirmation code and loaded into MDE. We were booked at All-Star Music, but for $200 a night it's hard to turn down Port Orleans!

I miss the days of really good discounts. Our last stay pre-covid was at the YC with a 40% off AP rate and it wasn't unusual to see a discount like that. I was hoping to see more significant discounts after the first of the year.
You and me both. Even GP discounts were like 35%. We stayed at YC for the SWGE passholder preview for $315 per night over a weekend. Booked last minute when I was able to snag a preview reservation. And this was 2 years ago - I'm not talking about 2000 or anything like that.

You and me both. Even GP discounts were like 35%. We stayed at YC for the SWGE passholder preview for $315 per night over a weekend. Booked last minute when I was able to snag a preview reservation. And this was 2 years ago - I'm not talking about 2000 or anything like that.
Totally. In January 2020 we stayed Club Level at Beach Club with an AP discount for $400/night. That will never happen again.

Totally. In January 2020 we stayed Club Level at Beach Club with an AP discount for $400/night. That will never happen again.
As long as people jump at these kinds of discounts, you’re right. I have an AP voucher but not the least bit tempted to activate it with this kind of price break. I doubt the discounted rate is enough to even make up for the room rates jumping.

As long as people jump at these kinds of discounts, you’re right. I have an AP voucher but not the least bit tempted to activate it with this kind of price break. I doubt the discounted rate is enough to even make up for the room rates jumping.
Agreed. I love Disney resorts, but these prices are nuts. I'm staying at the Dolphin in a few weeks with an AP discount and I'm paying less than I would at a moderate, even with the resort fee. It's a shame.

Agreed. I love Disney resorts, but these prices are nuts. I'm staying at the Dolphin in a few weeks with an AP discount and I'm paying less than I would at a moderate, even with the resort fee. It's a shame.
Me too. Used my AP discount and moved to the Dolphin starting on 2/26. It averaged $270 per night with resort fee and taxes. Cheaper than AP discounted CBR or CSR for that time period. Plus it's considered a deluxe in the eyes of Disney, and is eligible for both early morning and late night park entry. And, though Magical Express didn't drop off at Swolphin, the new Mears Connect will.

Me too. Used my AP discount and moved to the Dolphin starting on 2/26. It averaged $270 per night with resort fee and taxes. Cheaper than AP discounted CBR or CSR for that time period. Plus it's considered a deluxe in the eyes of Disney, and is eligible for both early morning and late night park entry. And, though Magical Express didn't drop off at Swolphin, the new Mears Connect will.
This is a huge selling point for Swolphin, especially when you can get the rooms at a reasonable price!

Can I book a February trip with the discount, if I plan to purchase an AP in December. I want to apply my upcoming trip ticket towards the AP. I know I'd have to call.

Last edited:
Thanks! Knocked off $100/night during a spring break weekend. Still pricey, but only a few bucks more than it would be for a mid-tier Moderate room, even accounting for the resort fee.
And keep checking the price. I'm staying at the Dolphin over Thanksgiving week and I've saved about $300 total on my booking since I booked it. I just update the reservation each time the price goes down!

Just booked a 2BR at OKW for feb 2-6, and for the first time since getting an AP 15 years ago, no discount.

has anyone had success calling? I once couldn’t get a discount at OKW but the CM on the phone found one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter