• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AOA Suites vs AKL Savannah View - Thoughts

ratcatshell13

Earning My Ears
Booked a stay at AOA Lion King Suites in November. We had 3 rooms - me and DH in one room, DD husband twin 5 year olds in one room, DD friend 10 year old and 8 year old in one room. Whole party stayed at AOA for 7 nights. I added on an extra night for myself to have an adult night at AKL to experience this hotel. Never stayed at AOA or AKL but I have to say I was not impressed with AKL while I loved AOA. The savannah view was very nice but I was shocked by the amount of noise, door slamming, etc. at AKL. I really had heard anything at AOA. I was really looking forward to sitting on the balcony and enjoying the view in the early morning. I did see the animals (some were very close to our room - amazing!) but what I also heard was the person on the balcony next door arguing about a raise with someone on the phone, a small child howling (not crying - howling like a dog - which is completely acceptable because they were acting like an animal I'm sure - I know my grands would do something like this also, others talking loudly on cell phones, etc.) it just kinda ruined the experience. We opted for quick service and it seemed very chaotic compared to AOA - maybe because it was so much smaller but it was a little crazy, they lost my order, 2% milk was only available at coffee area, etc. I am just sharing to give a different view. I know a lot of people love AKL but I'm not sure I would ever stay there again. I have also stayed at CBR, Poly and the cabins at Fort Wilderness and would return to any of them (not sure I will ever be able to afford Poly again) The amount of space at AOA, sitting area, dedicated bedroom, 2 bathrooms, murphy bed, eating facilities, etc. made it such a win for our family. The suites were expensive! but for my family it really worked well and I think it really spoiled us. I don't see alot of discussion about AOA on this site and I wanted to give it a little love. I'm sure there is not a shortage of families wanting and loving AKL.

I love AoA too! My kids preferred it to CBR and Fort Wilderness Cabins. I just wish it was a bit less expensive.

I have stayed at Yacht, WL, AKL. The QS at WL is okay. But the Yacht/Beach and AK aren’t that great. AoA only has the food court QS but AKL has 2 table service restaurants. I got upgraded last May to Savannah view which was nice but there are plenty of quiet public viewing spots for the animals.

I've had 3 stays at AKL and each time I have also been shocked by the noise. Give me top floor room at the values any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter