Anything special for May the 4th?

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
I just realized that we board our upcoming cruise on May 4th. Does DCL do anything special on-board for Star Wars Day?

I didn't think there were anymore Star War Days at Sea cruises.
That’s not what I’m saying - just curious if they do anything on board for May 4th (“May the 4th be with you”/Star Wars Day). Not the whole cruise.

The answer could very well be no, just curious! I know they do special stuff in the parks then.

I would not expect anything onboard for May 4th unless it is a SWDAS cruise.

We’re also sailing on the fantasy that day. Not expecting anything extra.

Alright, sounds like that’s not something DCL does. Not a big deal either way for me, I just wondered 🙂

I've been on ships a few times in May that fell over Mother's day and no acknowledgement of mothers. Cinco De Mayo? I'm not sure why they would do anything for that. They did nothing for St Patrick's day n our March cruise. The only oddball holiday that I can recall them doing anything for was Valentines Day. I don't think that many people care about Valentines day.

We did a Panama Canal cruise in early May and the biggest acknowledgment of Star Ears Day and Cinco de Mayo were the Cruise director making a little thing about it in his announcement before the evening show.

In that cruise there was some sort of little something for Mother’s Day though. But that was 10 years ago and a sea day heavy cruise with Mother’s Day on a sea day.

Wear your May the Fourth Be With You shirt and laugh with other guests who appreciate it.

Such a shame, since Disney paid all that money to buy 20th Century Fox’s rights to the franchise (or whomever got the $$).

They could at least show a Star Wars movie on FunnelVision that night. But I wouldn’t count in it.

Wear your May the Fourth Be With You shirt and laugh with other guests who appreciate it.

Such a shame, since Disney paid all that money to buy 20th Century Fox’s rights to the franchise (or whomever got the $$).

They could at least show a Star Wars movie on FunnelVision that night. But I wouldn’t count in it.
That’s what I was thinking - missed opportunity!

I agree but keep in mind that Disney never half asses anything. They are go big or go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter