Anything for young kids to eat at Biergarten

Wampy2

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

Was thinking about eating here since GG will be closed in Jan. I think my DD's 2 & 4 would enjoy the music/show but is there any kid friendly food? Also, Is there any difference in entertainment between lunch and dinner?

Thanks!!

:Pinkbounc

Biergarten
Germany - World Showcase - Epcot
The Menus!

Menu Date: October 2004

Lunch and Dinner Buffet
All You Can Eat

Serving Lunch from Noon to 3:45 p.m.
Serving Dinner from 4 p.m. to Park Close

On October 17, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria celebrated his marriage to Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hindburghausen with one of the grandest festivals of Munich had ever know. Thus began the Oktoberfest tradition.

For 16 days late in September and early October, millions of celebrants from around the world are drawn to Munich. Music, beer, and Gemutlichkeit flow freely in the enormous, coloful tents that crowd Theresienwiese, a fairground named after the Prince's bride. Frauleins in peasant constumes serve steins overflowing with beer, while revelers feast on such traditional Oktoberfest fare as roasted chicken and seemingly endless varieties of Sausage called Wurst.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sauerbraten *

Baked Salmon*

Rotisserie Chicken
Roasted Potatoes
Roasted Pork
Bratwurst

Seasonal Soups

Wurst Salad
Beet Salad
Herring Salad
Tomato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Cabbage Sald
Potato Salad

Meat Platter

Seasonal Veggies

Sauerkraut
Potato Dumplings
Beef Rouladen

Macaroni and Cheese

Assorted Breads, including Pretzel Bread

Desserts, which may include
Florentine Cookie, Black Forest Cake, Bavarian Cheesecake, Apple Strudel, Vanilla Custard, Applesauce

NOTES: *Served at dinner only

My DS, who is a horribly picky eater, loves the Biergarten. He always finds stuff he likes and he's distracted by the music and show so he tends to eat a little more. When he's not looking, we'll sneak some new stuff on his plate and he usually just keeps eating.

Biergarten is one of our favorites and everyone we go with always find plenty to eat. I don't think you'll have a problem at all.

My Boys loved it...they had a great time and went back for seconds when they were 5. They tried a few things off our plates, and got chicken and Mac and cheese, and other great foods...we will be back.

Also I don't think they played 10 notes from the Chicken Dance song and my boys were out there leading the group. They had a great time.

I agree that Biergarten is great for picky eaters - in fact, I think it's much better than Chef Mickey's or some of the other buffets because most of the food is kid friendly but it's much healthier.

The atmosphere and entertainment is great, too.

Does the show last the entire dinner time? Or is it only for a certain length of time.. and if so does anyone know when the show takes place?

Oktoberfest Musikanten
Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes

Originally posted by Stimpy
My DS, who is a horribly picky eater, loves the Biergarten.

My DS lives on spaghetti and chicken fingers, and he hates mac'n cheese. Specificially, what foods are kid friendly? I have seen the menu, but I'm not even sure what some of those things are! Those of you with picky eaters...what did your kids eat?

I know the rest of my family would love this experience, but I don't want my DS to go hungry. We've been to Teppanyaki and are doing Le Cellier this time. I would really like to eat in another country, but most of the menus are too unusual for my meat and potatoes DH & DD. How about China? We all like chinese...but reviews seem mixed on this restaurant (although they seem to be getting better). Or am I better off going to Garden Grill where I know he can get the illustrious chicken fingers?

Parents of picky eaters...please help! :confused3

My DS-5 is a pain in the rear when it comes to getting him to eat! The only "kid food" he likes is Mac Cheese. We like taking him here because I know he'll eat something other than Mac Cheese. After a week of seeing him eat it at almost every restaurant, I'm convinced he's starting to look orange!

DS really likes the Rotisserie Chicken and pork. It's basically plain roasted chicken and pork roast. Bratwurst is a sausage that's similar to a hot dog but with more flavor. (My DS hates hot dogs but will eat this) He also will eat the potato dumpling if I mash it up for him with a fork. He loves the bread they offer, expecially the pretzel bread. One of his favorite foods applesauce, so he eats that. I think sometimes they offer things that aren't on the regular menu too. If you ask, they can probably get you plain pasta. (I think I remember someone else mentioning that) The desserts are kid friendly too. He really loves going there though for the entertainment. He loves getting up and doing a "polka" with Mommy or Daddy. Since he's entranced with the show, we can stick stuff in his mouth without him realizing it. (Like I said, every meal is a battle! LOL)

Sauerbraten is only ok here. I love sauerbraten and find it's not marinated enough here, but DS will eat a little bit of it here.

I don't really like China's restaurant, but I heard it improved. If your child will eat Chinese food, go for it! :)

In addition to brats, they had a sausage that was very similar to an American hot dog (it wasn't quite, but my daughter couldn't tell the difference). The chicken is roasted. And they had the regular buffet fruit salad - my daughter will live off grapes if we let her. When the waiter saw me picking the grapes out, they just brought grapes out for her.

I don't remember potato dumplings, but do remember speatzle (I'm misspelling that) which my kids love. Its basically boiled dough and then you put butter and/or gravy over the top. I hope they haven't gotten rid of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter