• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Anyone think they better change the brochure soon?

ReallyFunMom

DIS Veteran
I think they need to change the 'use the plan as you like' lingo to specifically state there is no sharing and 1 TS credit will be deducted for each person at the table, regardless of what they chose to order. I think many bought into the program anticipating sharing, especially families with children deemed adults by Disney standards. They are going to be tossing a lot of food they paid for but can't eat. I think it may change the overall feeling of the DDP for many. If its spelled out in the brochure, less confusion and disappointment.

As an English teacher I can assure you that most people don't read and comprehend written text as is, so many people aren't reading the brochures anway, so that is more than likely why Disney isn't rushing to improve the brochures. Also, comprehension is an interesting issue: some people may think that the line that you quoted refers to using number of credits any way you like, instead of sharing. I do agree that if it's spelled out in brochure, there may be less confusion, but I've been here for 2 weeks now, and I can assure you that people complicate things no matter if it's spelled out or not.

My hubby and I never assumed that we could share or use child credits for adults, etc. so that shouldn't be an issue, but I guess I can see how you may interpret that from the line you quoted above. In my opinion, they do need to improve on better explaining the DP in regards to brochure, signs, info on resort TVs, etc. for people who actually read the literature that is provided. For those who do not, which is the majority of people, they are still going to ask questions, etc. regardless of whether there is a brochure or not.

Tiger

I definitely think it needs to be changed - the brochure and what it says is why we decided to get the DDP initially, but now the shine has worn off and I'm reconsidering. I'm thinking maybe Disney doesn't quite know yet what the final guidelines will be and doesn't want to go through the expense of making another brochure until they know. There will always be different interpretations, but I think it can be made a lot clearer than it is.

ReallyFunMom said:
I think they need to change the 'use the plan as you like' lingo to specifically state there is no sharing and 1 TS credit will be deducted for each person at the table, regardless of what they chose to order. I think many bought into the program anticipating sharing, especially families with children deemed adults by Disney standards. They are going to be tossing a lot of food they paid for but can't eat. I think it may change the overall feeling of the DDP for many. If its spelled out in the brochure, less confusion and disappointment.

But according to several posters in another thread, they have received email correspondence telling them they CAN share entrees, etc., and can pay OOP for some items instead of using a credit!

I think Disney's wording is clear; it is the interpretations of the "morality police" that are causing the confusion.

The brochure already says one (or two) credits will be deducted for everyone dining at a character meal, dinner show or signature restaurant. That language could be interperted to require a group either use the dining plan for all guests or pay out of pocket for all guests.

I don't that many people read the fine print in the brochure.

edited at least some of us aren't the "morality police". I don't care if Disney decides to require all guests use dining or let guests pay out of pocket for an extra appetizer.

I'll agree with the posters who would prefer to know a definitive policy.

They cannot deduct credits for everyone at the table automatically, because what if the others are not on the plan? You can go to WDW with other people who choose not to do the plan. As far as sharing, I can't imagine that they could stop that. Are they going to tell me not to give my Adult (11 yr. old) child a piece of DH's steak? Will they refuse to give me an extra plate? They would have to issue ids for everyone and then demand to see them so they can see who is on the plan. Personally, I don't care if they change the system to # of A Credits versus C Credits, but to not allow sharing or paying OOP for some things is just strange. (unless of course it is a buffet or in a signature rest. where they might charge an extra plate fee)

Tidus said:
They cannot deduct credits for everyone at the table automatically, because what if the others are not on the plan? You can go to WDW with other people who choose not to do the plan. As far as sharing, I can't imagine that they could stop that. Are they going to tell me not to give my Adult (11 yr. old) child a piece of DH's steak? Will they refuse to give me an extra plate? They would have to issue ids for everyone and then demand to see them so they can see who is on the plan. Personally, I don't care if they change the system to # of A Credits versus C Credits, but to not allow sharing or paying OOP for some things is just strange. (unless of course it is a buffet or in a signature rest. where they might charge an extra plate fee)

:thumbsup2

They can't have it both ways! They can't say that you can't use credits for someone not on the plan but then turn around and say that everyone at the table must use a credit. Many, many people dine with people that aren't in their room or on the plan with them.

Quite frankly, I think that the non-sharing/required use of a credit is ridiculous! I can see adding a shared plate charge to a meal but no more than that.

Exactly! If they did demand that everyone at the table use a credit, lots of people that are trying to treat others to dinner will be happy. Good point! Also, what if a family splits up one day and one group doesn't eat a TS. On the last night, they all go out and only having 2 TS credits left for 4 people. If paying OOP for some meals or sharing isn't allowed do you send 2 people back to the hotel! I think some people like to :stir: and they are trying to scare the people who they consider "cheaters" into thinking that they have ruined it for everyone now! That's just my opinion!

FayeW said:
But according to several posters in another thread, they have received email correspondence telling them they CAN share entrees, etc., and can pay OOP for some items instead of using a credit!

I think Disney's wording is clear; it is the interpretations of the "morality police" that are causing the confusion.

I have received an email stating that sharing is not allowed :confused3

I don't think it matters what the brochure or the email says...it's going to come down to each individual server and whether or not they are having a good day. So smile, smile, smile!!! :teeth:

calypso*a*go-go said:
I don't think it matters what the brochure or the email says...it's going to come down to each individual server and whether or not they are having a good day. So smile, smile, smile!!! :teeth:

I totally agree!!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter