• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone that has been to Disneyland lately know....

thephantomschristine

Earning My Ears
What are the best new rides this year that I should get on first? It will be my husband's first time there. We're going to be there the first week of August. It's been about 6 years the last time I went. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx everyone.

You must do:
The re-done Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
POTC (new stuff in there)
Winnie the Pooh might be new for you, but it's just a dark ride (though cute).

Sounds like you haven't been to CA Adventure, so there's a whole park that's new to you.

The Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Soarin Over California, Grizzly River Run is always good on a hot day and Buzz Lightyear

All of the above pretty much assumes you've never been to WDW either.

For example, if you HAVE been to WDW within the last 10 years, then I suggest you ONLY try to do Soarin, Monsters, Grizzley and Screamin at DCA. Everything else is not all that special, or is just a copy of a WDW ride.

In DL, Pirates, SM, Roger rabbit if you've never been on it, Indy if you've never been. Jungle Cruise has some slight changes, Haunted mansion has some slight changes.

Pooh is better at WDW which still isn't any great shakes, so I wouldn't put any specal effort into seeing it.

Yeah, I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
I think Buzz Lightyear is great, the updated POTC should be good, and I would also ride Winnie the Pooh cause its so darn cute! :tigger:

We just came back. The Haunted Mansion has recently added a new scene involving the bride, and they have changed the Madame Liota room. Both are very cool additions!

Thanx everyone. Now I some good rides to take my husband on. My husband and I were at WDW in Oct 2002 for our honeymoon. We did the trick or treat thing there at MK. I'm hoping I'll be able to go back during the same time in a few yrs when my daughter is older. Thanx again everyone.

Ditto on what was said above. Also, if you have a chance, visit Turtle Crush in DCA. It is a really cute interactive attraction that will have you laughing (even if you have no kids). It was a pleasant surprise!

I agree about Turtle Talk with Crush. I saw it for the first time last week and I think it is totally great for everyone, not just kids. For rides don't miss Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, POC, Soarin' Over California, California Screamin', Grizzly River Run. Other things not to miss are the Aladdin show at DCA, Fantasmic, Fireworks (you've never seen anything like this), and if you are interested in the history of DL be sure to see Disneyland: The First 50 Years.

YoHo said:
All of the above pretty much assumes you've never been to WDW either.

For example, if you HAVE been to WDW within the last 10 years, then I suggest you ONLY try to do Soarin, Monsters, Grizzley and Screamin at DCA. Everything else is not all that special, or is just a copy of a WDW ride.

In DL, Pirates, SM, Roger rabbit if you've never been on it, Indy if you've never been. Jungle Cruise has some slight changes, Haunted mansion has some slight changes.

Pooh is better at WDW which still isn't any great shakes, so I wouldn't put any specal effort into seeing it.

The redone space mountain in DL is a must-do because it is totally different than Space Mountain at WDW.

thephantomschristine said:
It will be my husband's first time there. We're going to be there the first week of August.

How funny, it's my DH's first time too, and we'll be there Aug 3 and 4. What a coincidence!

Rini

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter