Anyone sailing 11/30 on the Wonder?

CWTAMI... welcome to our group! I'm glad you decided to delurk! :wave2:

This is our 1st time at WDW during the holidays and I am so psyched! However, I'm not very excited about all of the Christmas things I need to do BEFORE we leave! :rolleyes:

We will also be at the CP on the 29th! Which one are you going to? I waited and made ressies too late, so we have the 1st one. Oh well, it will be great regardless.

Congrats on your hotel upgrade!! :wizard:

Originally posted by CourtneysMom
I thought we had said 3:00 by the Mickey Pool

I didn't think this was "official" but let's make it that way. 3:00 by the Mickey Pool. I'll probably actually be there from 12:15 until I drag the kids out around 3:30 so we can get ready for the lifeboat drill.

We'll be on the side opposite the slide (no obstucted view) and will have a table around there somewhere with various kid foods that we are using to bribe the kids to eat!!! :)

I don't know what any of you look like, but this is what I'll look like so you'll have to find me. :) (btw, it's the SECOND picture!!! --ice cream cone optional!)
icecream.jpg

I still don't know for sure if dh and ds will be with me but I'm planning on trying to make it to the 3:00 meet by the Mickey pool.

I just talked to Annette, my agent with Mouse Ears Vacations and she said that she should receive our documents this friday and she'll send them out monday. She also said that she was expecting them last friday and isn't sure why they're a little late but she'll get them out ASAP!

Can't wait to meet you all!

Hello Everyone!
We're getting close..... My son and I are so excited!!!! I'm new to this forum and I hope you all don't mind me joining in. This is our first cruise and everyone that I've spoken too about cruising has highly recommended Disney.... Sounds like most of you are experienced cruisers...If you have tips for 1st timers, I am all ears!!!
We hope to have a good time.... We are flying in from Calif. 11/29 and staying over at the Swan/Dolphin. I hear this is a wonderful place to lodge....
hope to hear back from you all ..... have a Disney-ful time.....
:earsboy:

To disneyfan551,

We are going to the second CP, we decided it would still be somewhat sunny during the first show and it would be better if it was darker outside to get the effects from the lights. Have you seen it before? I saw it 3 years ago and it trully put me in the Christmas spirit.

I'm waiting to do all the Christmas decorating 'til I get back home. Right now I just want to concentrate on the trip. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to pack. Will I need long sleeves at all? How many pants, how many shorts? I want to keep it as light as possible since the airlines are getting so strict with luggage weight limits. They keep complaining about the lack of travelers, but they don't make it any easier to travel.

I'm wearing a pair of my Mickey earrings today to get me in the right frame of mind.

:earseek: Just about 3 weeks until we leave!!!!!!!! Not that I'm counting.....We are staying overnight at Disney the night before, can't wait. The weather in the Northeast is putting me right in the Florida mood......The chiller the better when we leave, it makes it all that much better......:teeth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We got our paperwork today. So it is offical we are in room 5506 Deck 5 (Cat 8) What a nice upgrade.

I have a few questions.

Will our Cat 8 room have a small frig in it?

What time will I be able to book my spa times?

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good spa treatment. I am looking for something like a message and facial.

I am getting so excited. Good thing I have my little one's first birthday party to plan for next weekend to keep my mine of the trip.princess:

Originally posted by CWTAMI
Will I need long sleeves at all?

Yes. Take a sweater or sweatshirt. I went in May and was sorry I didn't have a sweatshirt for sitting on deck 4 or strolling the outside decks in the evenings. I told dh I'll run to the car and get them" but the car was at the port and we were somewhere around Nassau! :)

Hi, everyone!

Just thought we'd pop in and say hi! We'll be with you all on the 11/30 Wonder cruise... woohoo!

I also wanted you all to know that everyone is welcome to attend the public MouseFest events (you don't have to have booked your cruise through MouseEarVacations.com), and there are some fun things like our sailaway party on deck 10, a treasure hunt, and a Hidden Mickey hunt. There are only two events that are reserved for those who booked through MouseEarVacations.com, and they're clearly identified. You can get the information at http://www.passporter.com/gathering.htm -- there's a downloadable pocket guide to the events here. Come if you can! We'd love to see you! Everyone, and we mean everyone, is welcome... the more the merrier.

We'll also try to stop by the Mickey Pool at 3:00 pm and say hi! If you see us, please wave or say hello... we really do love to meet our fellow cruisers!

We're staying at the Quality Suites for two nights before we set sail. We will actually be boarding the Magic for a couple of hours on Saturday to take some photos for the next edition of our cruise guide, so that'll be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise!

Cool!!
Sounds great. I'm glad to know a lot of the events are open to all! :)

Uh, hope to meet you, but errr.... I need to apologize in advance for anything my daughter may say to you. I see you are from Ann Arbor, MI....and we are....well, rabid OSU fans! :)

If my son breaks out in song..."we don't give a darn for the whole state of Michigan...," again, I apologize in advance. :)

:)

Hey everyone just had to give our thread a bump.....

I am getting so excited :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Has everyone got there docs?

Did anyone else get and upgrade?

I can't wait to meet everyone. OhioMinnie I will print your picture so I know who we are looking for.....

:earsgirl:

Ohiominnie, please don't worry -- we've heard it all! You see, Jennifer grew up in Haslett, which is right next to East Lansing (home of the Spartans). So when Jennifer moved to Ann Arbor (home of the Wolverines), she was teased mercilessly. She still is to this day. It all just rolls off now. :)

Our docs came the day before yesterday. In two more weeks, we'll be in Port Canaveral! Woo hoo!

Hi gang!

We got our final docs last week. They upgraded our hotel, but not our cruise cabin (we booked as a cat 9). That's O.K. because I ordered some asti spumante and treats to be in the cabin when we arrive, as a way to thank my sister for being my travel mate for so long, and I wouldn't want that to get messed up.

The radio station we listen to at work is playing all Christmas music from now until Christmas, so now I'm even more ready to go and see all the Disney decorations. I hope the ship is decorated.

Is anyone packed? I'm a last minute packer, but I have a list ready.

:wave2:

We haven't started to pack at all. We have extensive lists for both the cruise and then the 9 days at WDW following. The trickiest part will be packing so that we don't have to haul the WDW specific items onto the ship. We'll leave it in the car at the port.

If we HAD to, I could pack in one day. But we'll probably start this Wednesday or Thursday.

Today I went to the grocery store and bought one of everything that everyone could need --my deodorant, my dh's deodorant, after shave, shaving cream (his and hers) shampoo, toothpaste, etc etc. That way I'm sure we have new, fresh and FULL stuff.

So I guess that's step one!

I've slowly been packing for the last week. We're going to WDW before the cruise. Lots to bring.
Are we all just estatic yet?!!:Pinkbounc

I have 5 more working days til we leave.

Mickey pool @ 3:00.

See ya there!
Laura

Hi all! I started packing over the weekend, and am feeling terribly overwhelmed by it all. You are so right, it is difficult to pack for pre & post cruise, without having to lug everything, everywhere! I'm wondering how my DSIL will be able to pack, since she's having to fly down?! Even my 2yo dd has more luggage than they allow you on airlines... princess:

I gave my dh his detailed packing list last night & asked him to get started. It was 1-1/2 pgs. long, and he was probably done in 30 minutes. When I asked him to separate his clothes for pre/post cruise vs. cruise, he looked at me like I was insane! :crazy: Well, ok, maybe I am, but jeez, he has 30 minutes to spend getting his junk together & I'M the one spending days on it! Men kill me.

I'm hoping to get the packing done this week, so I can decorate for Christmas this weekend. Things are definitely more interesting around our house, since ding-a-ling dh broke his arm... :rolleyes:

CWTAMI...No, we haven't been to Disney during the holidays yet, but I am SOO excited! We will see the CP before the cruise, and take the kids to the Garden Grill.

Can anyone share the luggage/carryon details with me? I'm wondering if a backpack could be construed as a "purse/briefcase", in addition to the 1 carry on??? Also, to those of you who have cruised before, is there really a need to carry on clothes for dinner the 1st night? I've got enough stuff to carry, and would rather take the risk of the luggage getting lost or being late... Any suggestions?

BTW...I'm glad to see new people joining our group! See you all soon!

Hi disneyfan551!

About the backpack question, I usually put my purse INSIDE the backpack and then the two of them only count as one carry on. Of course that would assume that you have room in the backpack to actually stash the purse.

I don't know if this will help or not but what I usually do to help keep the amount of clothes I need to take along down a little is to make sure that most of my tops and bottoms mix and match. That way I might be able to wear a pair of pants more than once with a different top and it will look like new outfit. I think this is easier done with adults than children but maybe it will help with your packing problem.

As far as carrrying on dress clothes for dinner just in case your luggage doesn't arrive on time, you can if you want but I wouldn't bother with it myself. I know occasionally there has been posts where someone hasn't gotten their bags in time for the early seating but for the most part I think it's not a problem. So I guess it comes down to how stressed it's going to make you or if you'll spend your early ship hours worrying whether or not your bags will arrive in time. It's an individual thing and only you know what's going to work best for your piece of mind.

I'm just about packed too and am getting more antsy by the day! I've been waiting for this trip for almost a year and it's down to just days before we board!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!

Hello everyone

As for the packing I started it Monday and hope to finish it by the end of the week. I have lots of stuff that needs ironed and washed before I can finish. I am having the same problem about packing for our 2 nights in Cocoa Beach. I am just going to put what we wear in a plastic bag and leave it in the van at the port. We plan to bring a backpack on also with just our bathing suits. Our dd has said she is wearing her swin suit under her clothes....LOL

DD and I get our hair done today. Hers get cut while I need highlights again.

DH says I have spend more money getting ready for this cruise.....LOL

I have a few questions.

Does anyone know what our dinner rotation will be?

Does anyone else have late dining? We are hoping to get it changed. BUt the more I think about it....it might ber better to have late dining. That we can go to the shows with DD and then maybe have them bring her dinner out first thing so she can go ahead and go to the club if something is going on. Discisions,,,,Discisions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Is anyone in this group doing excursions?

Hi CourtneysMom! We have late seating, which we requested. I have read MANY positive comments about it here on the boards, and think it will be best for our family. I would rather her be tired during dinner (& hopefully sleep!), than in the shows. Things will work out one way or the other.

We're not doing any excursions, since our dd is only 2yo. We are thinking about doing the walking Nassau tour with Dave though. Is anyone else going? Now, I'm kind of wondering if it's too much walking for our dd. Maybe we could take her stroller. Hey Dave...what do you suggest? ;)

I am interested to hear if anyone is doing excursions. My SIL is interested in doing some, but doesn't want to go alone.

WOOHOO!!!! We're leaving next week guys! :hyper:

My sister and I share a freedom bag, which is always full of things like shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc., but I did refill all my supplies the other week.

Unfortunately I can't separate WDW clothes and cruise clothes since we are not renting a car and everything has to be kept with us.

The other day I checked the website for our airlines, and now have to get a new suitcase since mine is too big for the new regulations. Just hope I can fit it all in.

I'm now down to 5 work days 'til we leave and I'm getting more anxious every day. It's rather dreary here right now, which is making me even more ready for fun in the sun! I got a perm at the beginning of the month, but am hoping the sun will naturally lighten my hair a little. I hate the fact that as I get older, my hair gets darker, YECH. But, I hate having to get hilights redone all the time. I'm not big on having to do alot to my hair.

I did my Christmas decorating last weekend, so this weekend I can devote to last minute cleaning, I don't want the house to be a mess since my Dad is staying there to take care of my dog.

:sunny: :smooth: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter