Anyone rent a convertible from Sanford Airport?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, anyone get a convertible out of Sanford? Just wondering what kinds they have there. Not sure if we'll do it or not, but thought it might be fun for the week. We're going the first week in May, so shouldn't be too terribly hot for it-thanks!

I got a Mustang once. Not by choice. That's all they had so I was driving a convertible all week.

Most the convertibles I've see are either Mustang or the Camero.

We rented a Mustang in Maui... never again. To low, and in order to carry our two pieces of luggage I had to open the top to put one of the bags in the backseat as there wasn't enough room to get it in with either seat pulled forward.

We had a Mustang convertible from Budget at SFB last June. Had a Mustang coupe reserved, but they didn't have any available so were given the convertible instead.

Temperature wasn't too bad as long as we were moving. I did run the AC through the footwell blowers, as that area was getting hot. We also had to dig through our bags to find some suncreen for the drive from the airport to the resort.

Convertible isn't the best rental car choice when on vacation with luggage. Typically, when the top retracts it takes up some/all of the available trunk space. I would be sure to check ahead of time to see if the number of people & pieces of luggage would fit into any type of convertible. MIGHT work for 2 people and minimal luggage. If you have more then 2 people, I don't think this would be a good choice.

Not out of Sanford, and not by choice, I was given a Mustang convertible once at MCO. I didn’t want to keep it, but my son thought it was really cool. He didn’t think it was so cool after riding with the top down, getting to Disney, and then having to peel himself off the seat. Even though it didn’t feel warm while driving, the sun was still beating down on you and every stop was an instant change of temperature. I don’t think we put down the top the rest of the trip. Doesn't help that almost every rental car sports black interior.

Agree with the others. In my case, it was just me and one bag but trying to get in and out of the back and you do lose a ton of trunk space.
I agree with the black interior comment and I also agree with the fact that I did not want the top down because I didn't want the car being messed with when I parked it etc and I didn't want to keep putting the top up and down.

Most the convertibles I've see are either Mustang or the Camero.

We rented a Mustang in Maui... never again. To low, and in order to carry our two pieces of luggage I had to open the top to put one of the bags in the backseat as there wasn't enough room to get it in with either seat pulled forward.
I’ve seen a couple of mustangs & one Camaro. One of my DS owns a mustang, the other Camaro convertible (just got another, the final year).

The mustang is a stiff ride and has uncomfy seats compared to even the older Camaro convertible’s. Still, both are low slung bucket seats. Not exactly what I term a touring car But fun for a drive.

the Camaro top does take up a large amount of room in the trunk, no more than 1 bag sort, with maybe a book bag or two.
A8EAFCF8-4F81-4894-A8AB-E6763ABED3D5.jpeg

Oh boy, we do tend to over buy when down there. Never thought of the lack of luggage issue! I think we better pass. Thanks everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter