Not open for further replies.
6/10 Made offer
6/11 Offer accepted, contract signed, addendums signed, sent to ROFR
7/1 Pass ROFR

230 points at AKL - full 2013 points and beyond
March UY
$69 point
buyer pays MF's and closing

We went through TSS and it has been wonderful! I can't say enough how easy the process has been from offer till now. They emailed me on 7/1 around 6pm to tell me the good ROFR news. I was pretty confident we would not have a problem with ROFR, but it was welcome news that we jumped that hurdle.

I had made 1 other offer with TSS which was declined and I also searched the 'green one' for over a month. The other company just frustrated me so much. I knew to check on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 4pm when their listings would be 'updated'. (updated- HA!) When I would find a listing I wanted and made an offer, I felt as though I had to hound the agent to find out ANY information after 2 days. Personally, I thought when spending between $10,000-15,000 and them making their commission, that maybe, just maybe, they could let me know what was happening with my offer without me having to call 48 hours later. Not one time did they initiate a phone call on the 8 offers I made through them!

Now to figure out 2 different UY's. If that is my only DVC problem, I'm good with that!

6/10 Made offer
7/1 Pass ROFR

March UY
$69 point

We went through TSS and it has been wonderful! I can't say enough how easy the process has been from offer till now. They emailed me on 7/1 around 6pm to tell me the good ROFR news. I was pretty confident we would not have a problem with ROFR, but it was welcome news that we jumped that hurdle.

I had made 1 other offer with TSS which was declined and I also searched the 'green one' for over a month. The other company just frustrated me so much. I knew to check on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 4pm when their listings would be 'updated'. (updated- HA!) When I would find a listing I wanted and made an offer, I felt as though I had to hound the agent to find out ANY information after 2 days. Personally, I thought when spending between $10,000-15,000 and them making their commission, that maybe, just maybe, they could let me know what was happening with my offer without me having to call 48 hours later. Not one time did they initiate a phone call on the 8 offers I made through them!

Now to figure out 2 different UY's. If that is my only DVC problem, I'm good with that!

Congrats!! What is your other DVC? We have 200 OKW with Jun UY and 100 AKV and 125 HH with Aug UY (we added quite a bit this year). I will make the 2 UY work, in future, by using them separately. HH will be for JUST HH and AKV will be used for our WDW trips (with borrowing...we do a couple short WDW trips every other year with APs and will do HH the other years). We use about 130-145 OKW points/year for MIL and FIL and may use the remaining for short F&W trips for just DH and I...or...for other family (have used points for SIL2 twice).

You can also do split stays and link the resies. We used some of both UY for our Jan 5 night trip at BCV. We linked the resies and didn't need to move villas but needed to get new key cards (and Mousekeeping thought we were checking out that day and wanted us checked out so they could clean). You could even do 2 different resorts in 1 trip (we have done a couple split stay trips and it's a nice way to experience all the DVC resorts quickly). Having 2 UY is not horrible and is pretty easy to manage.

Congrats!! What is your other DVC? We have 200 OKW with Jun UY and 100 AKV and 125 HH with Aug UY (we added quite a bit this year). I will make the 2 UY work, in future, by using them separately. HH will be for JUST HH and AKV will be used for our WDW trips (with borrowing...we do a couple short WDW trips every other year with APs and will do HH the other years). We use about 130-145 OKW points/year for MIL and FIL and may use the remaining for short F&W trips for just DH and I...or...for other family (have used points for SIL2 twice).

You can also do split stays and link the resies. We used some of both UY for our Jan 5 night trip at BCV. We linked the resies and didn't need to move villas but needed to get new key cards (and Mousekeeping thought we were checking out that day and wanted us checked out so they could clean). You could even do 2 different resorts in 1 trip (we have done a couple split stay trips and it's a nice way to experience all the DVC resorts quickly). Having 2 UY is not horrible and is pretty easy to manage.

This is our 2nd AKL. We have a week booked Concierge level next April and this new contract will help extend that. Looking for BLT or BWV next.

Does anyone know if there is special financing on dvc annual dues for Disney visa cardholders?

Not sure about that but you can set it up where they take dues from your checking account on a monthly basis instead of paying in a lump sum. They would take it out on the 1st or 15th- you pick which one you want. Just call MS to set up. If you have multiple member #'s, they can link them, too.

6/10 Made offer
7/1 Pass ROFR

March UY
$69 point

Congrats! That is my only concern (owning 2 different UY at 2 different resorts) but I am sure with some careful planning it will be manageable.

Does anyone know if there is special financing on dvc annual dues for Disney visa cardholders?

No special offer if you put your dues on the Disney Visa, there is 6 months interest free financing if you purchase new points direct from Disney (up to a maximum of $10,000).

rackle said:
I don't believe so but I think I have heard or read that you can use your rewards dollars as payment towards your dues.

This is correct. You can use your reward points to pay dues. So nice!

People who submitted 6-11 have gotten word they passed the beginning of the week...we submitted 6-13, but assuming with the holidays and now the weekend we won't hear anything until next week. We leave for OBX in a week, hope to have everything done before that so I can quit checking my email every 2 minutes!!! So nerve wracking! (120 points banked, 120 pts on Oct 1, and full pts forward at OKW, $70 pp.)

People who submitted 6-11 have gotten word they passed the beginning of the week...we submitted 6-13, but assuming with the holidays and now the weekend we won't hear anything until next week. We leave for OBX in a week, hope to have everything done before that so I can quit checking my email every 2 minutes!!! So nerve wracking! (120 points banked, 120 pts on Oct 1, and full pts forward at OKW, $70 pp.)

Ours was sent on 6/15 and I didn't expect to hear for 2 more weeks but seeing theirs come thru has made me excited that mine might only be 1 week away. The downside is like you, we are about to go on vacation so if its good news great but DH already told me I can't spend the entire vacation obsessing over a new contract if this one is taken. I didn't even think about signing the papers. Hopefully ours wouldn't come while we are away or maybe we could ask them to FedEx them to where we are. Oh well, seems like most people find out on a Mon or Tues so I guess we might know in a just few days :)

Ours was sent on 6/15 and I didn't expect to hear for 2 more weeks but seeing theirs come thru has made me excited that mine might only be 1 week away. The downside is like you, we are about to go on vacation so if its good news great but DH already told me I can't spend the entire vacation obsessing over a new contract if this one is taken. I didn't even think about signing the papers. Hopefully ours wouldn't come while we are away or maybe we could ask them to FedEx them to where we are. Oh well, seems like most people find out on a Mon or Tues so I guess we might know in a just few days :)

Even if you find out you passed next week it may take 7- 14 days before getting closing docs via email so if you are going away for a week you should be all set to have them when you get home. Good luck!

Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter