Anyone know why you can't get the DDP....

sigillaria

Mouseketeer
Anyone know why you can't get the DDP....if you use your points for a non-DVC resort?
I have a res for a Cabin at Ft Wilderness and the DDP is not allowed.

People paying cash CAN get the DDP. :confused3

I couldn't figure it out, either. We had booked for AKL, then decided we wanted to pay for dining, so thought about renting out our points. Then, free dining came up for the week we were going, so we rented out our points and rebooked with cash.

It doesn't make sense that DVC can pay for the DDP at a DVC resort but not at a regular resort.

It makes perfect sense to me.... We are NOT paying rack rate when we exchange into the regular WDW resorts, so they are not getting the same revenue. The cost of the DDP when you stay at a DVC resort is negotiated, but that same negotiation is not in place when you exchange.

You can only purchase dining if you book rack rate, but a AAA discounted package or book through a promotion that includes dining. You can't book dining if you book a AP,FL or CM discounted room. My guess is DVC point rentals comes under that category.

Disney made a large exception allowing DVC member to purchase dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter