• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know anything about the Tower of Terror 4?

I believe what you are talking about is the newest "change" to TOT. They revamped it so that it has 4 random programs... 3 are WAY cool, while 1 is similar to what it was before Jan. The other three programs include the big drop again!

I found the ride to be MUCH better than it used to be! My dh and I rode it at the AP event at the beginning of March and we could tell the difference between the programs!

Karen

I've heard that they have taken away the lap bar on some cars and put in seatbelts instead. They are suppose to be changing all the cars. That could make it a little more intense! Also, they have changed some of the scenes preceeding the drop and added a few smells!

yup, yup
I had a lap belt. The ride was way to fast and to many times up and down.

Very cool! I can't wait for the new and improved. The last time I was on the ride was in 2000 and during a drop I was lifted up and ended up with a line across my thighs from the lap bar!

Are the new ramdom series of drops scarier than before? I don't think I could take much more! I had hoped to take ds on ToT next year, he'll be just over 4 years old. He'll be tall enough, but if it's scarier than we'll wait. S

When I was there this weekend a friend of mine (former Imagineer, now does freelance consulting for Disney) told me that there are something like 1,000 different combinations for the ride now, not just four programs, which matches up with the signage I saw claiming you'll never get the same ride twice (which is still possible with 1,000 different programs, but very unlikely ... but not really if there were only four different programs).

The car we had did not have the lapbars, only seatbelts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter