anyone have tips on renting the breathless?

graciepooh

Mouseketeer
Hi, I want to rent the Breathless boat one evening to watch the fireworks. My DH drools all over it everytime we go to DW. I am worried about getting a SR for it. Has anyone ever rented this boat and how hard was it to get? I've already marked the date on my calender when I can start calling. Also, this will be my little girls first trip, she is three. We've already bought items to leave in the room "from" mickey and friends but would love any other ideas that have worked for you. Thank you so much and have a Magical Disney Day!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

graciepooh,
I would call up for practice and listen to menus, et'c a day or so in advance. The last time I successfully booked a ressie, I used the 407 WDW PLAY number and I think it was option 5 on the menu (but, they do change the menus--so, that is why it is a good idea to call ahead and listen to the menus). On the morning of, start calling at 6:55am. If you hear the recording that they are closed, hang up and redial immediately. (Folks have been picked up by the CM as early as 6:57am or 6:58 in the morning)

I think a lot of folks don't reserve Breathless first because there is less capacity and because it costs more. So, you have that going in your favor.....

-DC :)

Thanks dcf, I will definatly try early and will also do a practice run a few days before. Thats a great idea. :) :earsgirl:

We followed the tips outlined above and got Breathless. We actually wanted a pontoon, but by the time we got through only Breathless was left.

We wanted and successfully reserved Breathless two years ago. fewer people know about her and she was out of service for a while for refurbishment so it is actually easier than gettig a pontoon. She is a gorgeous boat and very special. Our group of 5 adults and two small kids were perfectly comfortable on her. The ride is far more exciting than a pontoon, very FAST!!!:D Good luck!!

I hope you are able to get the Breathless - it is awesome. Quite a few years ago, I decided to surprise DBF with this as part of his Christmas present. After several days of trying, I finally got the pontoon boat. I kept telling him he had to do what I wanted on that Tuesday night. He finally made me tell him why we had to do what I wanted. He grinned, picked up the phone and cancelled my pontoon boat. I was a bit upset at first. He was surprising me with V&A on that Tues night and the Breathless on Weds night as part of my Christmas present. He also arranged for champagne too. We still smile as we remember both awesome nights. We saw the pontoon boats, but if you can get the Breathless it is definitely more exciting! They park you under the bridge so it makes you feel like they are doing Iluminations just for you.

Sending pixie dust in hopes you'll have wonderful memories too!

Thanks everyone for all the great knowledge and wishes!! This is an unbelievable site!! I love it!! Graciepooh

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter