Anyone gotten married when they were "older"?

My brother and his wife got married a bit older. It was my brother's second and he has 2 boys. It was his wife's first and she has no children. They were going to do a destination wedding with just my family, my father and her parents and sister but they just decided to go to Florida and got married on the beach. They were very happy with the results. They have been married for 12 years now.

If I were to get married again, I got married really young, I would get married in Las Vegas. There are some really beautiful spots of all different price ranges for different party sizes.

I am intrigued by the wedding gondola at the Venetian, looks super cool and romantic.

See I have no problem getting married by a JOP, but just not in a courthouse. I had a nasty divorce there, served jury duty there, had to be a witness to a custody hearing, so I wouldn't want to hold my wedding, no matter how small or simple at a place that has negative memories associated with it. I agree with the marriage being more important than the wedding, but I'd choose a simple park setting over a courthouse, to me that just says "legal business transaction".
That is understandable. If I was to ever get married I am sure I would feel differently than I do know about the location. A wedding/marriage, heck even a relationship, is so foreign to me it isn’t something I’ve ever seriously thought about.

My county doesn’t even do weddings at the courthouse. They do them at the county administration building. Same place you get your license (here). They actually have a nice little gazebo area set up for weddings. I only would do it there because I know the judges personally.

I'm getting married sometime next year, time and place to be determined lol. I will be 52, he will be 48. We've both been married before and have kids, youngest just graduated high school. We don't need or want a huge formal affair, no church, no bridal party, etc. We also don't want a courthouse wedding, we want something more classy and intimate. So, we are thinking of a destination wedding, but in the states or a cruise, I like the idea of the wedding/honeymoon all being in the same place with only traveling and unpacking once. Some options we've tossed around are Vegas, Napa Valley (never been here so clueless), an Alaskan Cruise, Hawaii. It might just be the 2 of us, might have our kids come, might invite a few close friends, but in any case the guest list will be small and we won't invite any one out of obligation. That's what's great about being older, we can do whatever we want! :) Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of wedding and if you had any tips or advice.
My wife's grandmother got re-married at 88. And because they shared waaay TMI, her husband did it to keep her honest, lol. Yep!!

I'm getting married sometime next year, time and place to be determined lol. I will be 52, he will be 48. We've both been married before and have kids, youngest just graduated high school. We don't need or want a huge formal affair, no church, no bridal party, etc. We also don't want a courthouse wedding, we want something more classy and intimate. So, we are thinking of a destination wedding, but in the states or a cruise, I like the idea of the wedding/honeymoon all being in the same place with only traveling and unpacking once. Some options we've tossed around are Vegas, Napa Valley (never been here so clueless), an Alaskan Cruise, Hawaii. It might just be the 2 of us, might have our kids come, might invite a few close friends, but in any case the guest list will be small and we won't invite any one out of obligation. That's what's great about being older, we can do whatever we want! :) Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of wedding and if you had any tips or advice.
Best wishes, OP! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter