• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone gone to DW pregnant?

Ive been pregnant twice at WDW, both times I was 20 weeks. Didnt encounter any problems, except feeling tired at the end of the day (pretty normal after a Disney Day!!). It doesnt sound like you will using a car to get to the parks, but if you do, tell the attendant you are pregnant, and they will let you park closer to the entrance. If you do feel unwell during a day at the parks, then every park has a nurses station. Dont feel bad about missing out, as you can still enjoy a lot of the attractions!

Have fun.
Allie

Not to be a downer, But I was in my very early pregnancy (2 months) at Disney in July 2001 and I was miserable. It was sooooooooo hot, I felt like I was going to die sometimes. I almost knocked people over to get to the long popsicles which I didn't even taste, I just inhaled. If you are not used to the Florida Heat in summer beware. I live in Florida but as an extremely morning/noon/night/constantly throwing up person, disney wasn't the place for me to be in constant sunshine.

I did Disney World when I was 36 weeks pregnant. We had already planned our trip when I found out I was pregnant and he was due on the day we were supposed to start our vacation. So we decided to go anyway and make it a final fling as an only child for our then 3 year old daughter. We moved the trip up and went in August. It was hot but we spent a lot of time in the pool.

Make sure you drink A LOT of water. One of the best things we did was to rent a wheelchair. I was able to do a lot more because I wasn't so tired. DD was able to sit on my lap, well what little lap I had left.;)

Just so you understand we never used the wheelchair in the lines. We parked it with the strollers and got in line. Do not use this to avoid lines!!!:mad:

Michele

I went in my eigth month with a DS-5 & DD-2 in March. And to top things off I have big babies - DS weighed in 1 week late at 10lbs.

I agree with the water, shoes & off the feet as much as you can. Also, make sure your OB knows you're going. I LOST 5 lbs when I went. He started to get nervous and then I reminded him about WDW and he said that was great but he wanted to see a gain on my next visit. Like I needed more incentive to eat????

It also helps to have a wonderful DH who carried the sleeping kids and went to the food court for my late night cravings.

Eat regularly and carry snacks with you just in case you get hungry and there's no food stand around (is that really possible?). But you need to keep your blood sugar even or your moods will show it.

Congratulations and a speedy delivery!!

I have been to WDW twice pregnant--once at around 15 weeks, and the other time was later than that. The second time I was in the neighborhood of 23-24 weeks and it was June. We just took it easy, had plenty of breaks and I always had a snack and water with me, to be on the safe side. I didn't have any problems either time--I soaked my feet in the hot tub at the end of the day (just my feet, the OB said that was fine :) ) and steered clear of all those rides that are no nos for the mommy to be. Deb's site has some great tips about doing WDW pregnant. good luck!

Originally posted by madge
I soaked my feet in the hot tub at the end of the day (just my feet, the OB said that was fine :) Deb's site has some great tips about doing WDW pregnant. good luck!

Oh...that hot tub idea sounds good...my feet are already bothering me!

I'll have to check out Deb's site again, guess I missed that section!
:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter