• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone gone to DW pregnant?

cgoofdonmin

<font color=FF99FF>A tag is a wish your heart make
We are going in June for 2 weeks & I will be 23 weeks pregnant. We are staying at a monorail hotel to eliminate some of the walking, but I still worry about the heat & being on my feet to much. Any suggestions? Anyone been there done this? Thanks so much for any input, Kim

I am 22 weeks right now, and I feel pretty good, I think I could cope with DisneyWorld, although it would have to be shorter days, or back for a nap in the afternoon.

It's not that hot here in the UK, so I could be wrong, but we went to York last week and spent the entire day walking and sightseeing in warmish (for the UK) weather, and I was ok until about 5pm when I just couldn't take another step...

I was due to travel to Orlando in June when I will be 32 weeks, and I cancelled that trip, mainly due to not wanting to fly past 30 weeks, also my eldest was a preemie born at 34 weeks, so I felt it was a little close for comfort, but right now, I wish I was in DW!

Bev

I went to WDW when I was 5 months pg. It was myself, dh, and dd who had just turned 4, so I could only move as leisurely as dd would allow. I ended up get a cold and felt miserable. One day I do remember that I let dh take dd to MK and I just slept in the room, which was heavenly. When I wasn't taken by the cold, I was fine. If you are used to walking you will do fine. Make sure you drink plenty of water and enjoy the pool whenever possible. Doing WDW at 5 months pg was nothing compared to doing the Olympics when I was 8 months pg with dd. I did it, but it ranks high on my personal accomplishments in life! You will be fine, you may just want to start taking walks to build up you endurance. Also realize that you will not be able to ride all of the rides. When we went I made it my trip to really focus on the parades and fireworks ;)

I was 6 mth PG ,in June ,when we went to WDW, geez almost 10 years ago now...time flies!

First of all check with your DR.If he says okay then here's a few tips I have from being there doing that! :)

Since you're going to be at WDW for so long I suggest you do a few days of NOTHING but resting! Try and rest every other day.Drink plenty of water and sit if you feel you need it.WDW is a fantastic place to people watch! :teeth: I did have trouble with my feet swelling a little,we drove there and back.TG the worst swelling was when I got home.You really shouldn't do any of the thrill rides but there is still PLENTY to see and do!

Have fun!

I went when I was 30 weeks pregnant and had a great time. I would be a little more concerned about going in June (we went in February)- if you're flying just make sure to drink lots of water- I also had a 10 month old with me on that trip (WHOA-close pregnancies!) so I was able to hang out with my daughter as dh and son (age 3) rode most the rides. I found I was able to spot empty bench seats from 100 yards away and rested and played with dd while they ran amuck. The walking wasn't as much a problem as my feeling of complete exhaustion at the end of the day- a mid-day nap would have been better- I never took those but around 8pm I couldn't go on any longer. Eat fresh fruits and smaller meals to keep your energy up. Have a wonderful trip- oh and no Tower of Terror for you dearie! :)
Tara

Your suggestions are awesome! I do plan on taking it easy this trip w/rest days in between compared to how we normally go full speed ahead at DW. Of course, the rides will be very limited to the safe ones for me, but there is still a ton to do there w/out the rides. I am so happy to hear how many of you went pregnant and all was fine. I appreciate all of your suggestions so much! Kim

Dizzy4Dizney - wow, that's a great story to tell! How could your child not be a Disney fan after that one! Thanks for the smile! Kim

I LOVE that commercial! :teeth:

Misty that's a darling picture! :)

I found out I was pregnant at WDW after buying a PG test at Goodings!!! When I got home I found out it was twins!!!

My dh and I went to Disney to celebrate our first anniversary...I was in my first trimester (my ds will be 8 in May!) I think had I been MORE pregnant, I would have had a better time. But I was terribly morning/noon/night sick and very tired at the beginning of my pregnancy. Aside from throwing up every morning and falling into bed before 9 every night, I would say we had a great time! LOL

I just made sure I had a lot of snacks and water with me at all times and sat when I needed to rest. We took it slow and leisurely...we had just been there the year before anyway for our honeymoon!
;)

Have a great trip~
Marcy

Originally posted by cgoofdonmin
We are going in June for 2 weeks & I will be 23 weeks pregnant. We are staying at a monorail hotel to eliminate some of the walking, but I still worry about the heat & being on my feet to much. Any suggestions? Anyone been there done this? Thanks so much for any input, Kim

I will be 32 weeks on our next trip...this is what I have gathered from these boards:

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Comfy shoes (I'm even getting insoles if I can cram them in with my puffy feet)
3. Take naps (this should happen everyday except one, but since I can't ride a lot of rides, I will be taking it easy while waiting for DH)

Since we will have DS2 & DS4 with us, I will be forced to take it easy (love those child care centers for some peace & quiet).

We will be there late May/early June...when in June are you going?

This reminds me of a story that's funny only because it's in the past. Seven months into our first pregnancy, my wife and I had visitors from Hungary come and visit us in Florida, so naturally, we had to take them to Disney, pregnant or not.

Everything went fairly well; Regina actually held up with the walking, etc., but I'm sure some of you mothers can relate to the fact that when you're pregnant, you can get ravenously hungry in an instant. We did Epcot one day, and went back to the hotel to rest in the p.m.; we planned to come back to downtown Disney that evening and eat at the Rainforest.

Well, I severely miscalculated the crowds, and when we got to the Rainforest there was a wait of over an hour; no problem; we'll just go back to Epcot and have dinner at Akershus or something . . . . believe it or not, every single sit-down restaurant in Epcot was jam packed and wouldn't take us for hours. Keep in mind that my wife had announced her hunger pangs before we had even gotten to the Rainforest; so when we were turned away at the fourth restaurant we tried at Epcot, she let loose her frustrations on me right there in Morroco, using language so explicit it singed my eyebrows.

I ended up sprinting to Germany and buying her a knockwurst to tide her over until we could get out of there; we finally ate at Bongo's a little later on. All was well at that point, but for awhile there I had feared for my life.

All I know is that I wish I had dared to take a picture of her sitting with her beautiful big belly on a bench in Germany, wolfing down a knockwurst with her fingers, glowering at me with menacing hate for underestimating the power of a child inside her clamoring for something to eat. And with the next shot I would have taken a picture of our relatives, who were wide-eyed with awe at having been exposed to the monumental temper of my lovely Italian wife.

We laugh about it now, but I'll tell you; we're expecting again in October, and she wants to take our little daughter to Disney in June for a week: I'm planning regular meals as carefully as Eisenhower planned the invasion of Normandy!

I never went to WDW pregnant but I did go to Disneyland when I was 3 months pregnant with twins. (Didn't know it was twins at the time.) I wasn't showing then and I rode every ride and then spent a day at Knotts Berry Farm.

But your milage might vary. I rode horses while pg with the twins up until the day of delivery. (BTW, my twins were both 7 pounders.)

Bev

I will be 32 weeks on our next trip...this is what I have gathered from these boards:

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Comfy shoes (I'm even getting insoles if I can cram them in with my puffy feet)
3. Take naps (this should happen everyday except one, but since I can't ride a lot of rides, I will be taking it easy while waiting for DH)

Since we will have DS2 & DS4 with us, I will be forced to take it easy (love those child care centers for some peace & quiet).

We will be there late May/early June...when in June are you going?

Hi Mmounsey!
We will be there Starting June24th - it would have been fun to meet up if we would have been there at the same time. Thanks for the advice & I hope you have a wonderful time too. Kim

Phamtom:
That's awesome that you were able to ride horse w/twins until delivery. I am a horse person myself. 7 pounds for twins is so wonderful too. You must be in great shape! Thanks for sharing. Kim

Originally posted by cgoofdonmin
Phamtom:
That's awesome that you were able to ride horse w/twins until delivery. I am a horse person myself. 7 pounds for twins is so wonderful too. You must be in great shape! Thanks for sharing. Kim

My OB doctor told me that I could continue doing anything that I was comfortable with or proficent in. He said his jogging mothers-to-be could jog as long as they felt comfotable but if you weren't a jogger before the pregnancy then don't start. I've been riding horses since I was 4 years old and rode almost daily before the pregnancy so he gave the OK to continue. He wouldn't recommend it for anyone that wasn't used to riding.

Yes miscarriages do happen in at least 1 in 6 pregnancies but many if not most would have occurred even on bedrest. If miscarriages were so easy, then all the pregnant teens with an unwanted pregnancy would just go horseback riding or ride a few rollercoasters. And yes, I have had miscarriages even on bedrest and I have 5 kids. I had no problems with being active except with my first child, I had false labor and bedrest for a month. No problem at all with the twins except I was miserably uncomfortable. Riding horses was more comfortable than walking for me.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter