Anyone going to Universal for a day covid things you should know.

bluegrizzlies1

<font color=green>The crab was there and then it w
Website says they check for vaccines or 72 hour covid test.
Had 3 people in our group go get covid tests rapid had to pay 95 a test.

Get to universal and sign says not checking cards or tests. And they have covid testing on site which it doesn't say on the website.

But for the Halloween party after the sign said checking tests and Vax cards.

I think it has to do with how many people are in the park at any given time is they check or don't.

Yes they want you to wear masks inside and outside unless your eating or drinking.

Similar situation at Six Flags Magic Mountain last week. We brought our cards and didn’t need them. If I remember right there was fine print on the signage that mentioned something about based on attendance levels or something to that affect. It was a Thursday and the crowd levels were super low…

Signs did say masks required, but they only seemed to enforced it in the gift shops and indoor restaurants.

LA County requires a vaccine or negative test for super events over 10,000 people. So, the idea is that if there are over 10,000 people at Universal that day they will require a vaccine or negative test.
How they determine when to start checking that is anyone’s guess! Like, if they get 9,995 people do they start checking everyone and kick people out who don’t have it? Or do they limit attendance on certain days 🤔 it’s a mystery.

We went to the party last week and was there before it started. They checked everyone’s card. However, the way they checked you could have held up a credit card and they would have passed you thru. It’s not thorough and honestly what they did was a waste of time. It was a few people waving you thru. You didn’t have to stop just hold up “something” in the air and you continued like cattle.

Well I hope they are being vigilant when I go in December and that people are masking. That’s the main reason I chose Universal over Disneyland. Plus it should be less crowded on a weekday when no school breaks are occurring.

I was there for the full day on Friday (Oct 22nd). They checked vaccination status in the morning (around 9:30, before park was even open) and again at night for Halloween Horror Nights. I also did Halloween Horror Night last Saturday and they were VERY firm on checking then too. I would *not* plan on gambling if they’ll check or not.

I did notice the COVID clinic signs for vaccination on site and testing, I believe Jurassic structure, one floor below city wall level.

Not sure on the turn around time or how busy they can get, I would do it ahead of time and just streamline everything to get into the park. $95 vs maybe missing an hour (or the start of a VIP tour) because they’re backed up or having issues or anything? Not worth it to me…

Well I hope they are being vigilant when I go in December and that people are masking. That’s the main reason I chose Universal over Disneyland. Plus it should be less crowded on a weekday when no school breaks are occurring.

I did Universal twice this week and Disney five or six times. Honestly in my opinion and experience, masking is about the same between the two except for outside at Disney of course. Get yourselves some N95s if you really wanna experience Disney.

In both locations I’ve heard staff very quickly “yelling” at guests to mask up and most the time guests quickly follow directions.

Knott’s Scary Farm on the other hand on Thursday night… I felt like I was the only one masking and felt like I really stood out. Even outside at Disney I would say 50-60% of people have masks on, at Knott’s it’s like 5% when outside. I honestly don’t remember if people were putting on masks when entering the mazes, I think I only heard staff once or twice mention it kinda half heartedly.

Sort of too be expected, Knott’s Scary Farm is a much more “rowdy” crowd; usually pre-teen to early 20s and a lot more running around and screaming even when outside of scare zones and stuff.

Thank you, Andrew! Your reports have been very informative and fun to read. Glad you have had a great time. We are lucky to have so many people filing detailed reports on various things that help the rest of us To plan accordingly.

Thank you, Andrew! Your reports have been very informative and fun to read. Glad you have had a great time. We are lucky to have so many people filing detailed reports on various things that help the rest of us To plan accordingly.
I was impressed that at Halloween Horror Nights over at Universal Studios most people had their masks on without issue. I thought in the dark it might be a lot more issues. I did of course hear a lot of “mask above your nose please!” and one of the creepy scare actors actually got right in front of a girl that was chatting to a friend and stuck his arm out almost touching her and just kept motioning towards her mouth until she got the message to put her mask back on.

Other than that pretty good. I did RIP (VIP, but for the horror event) which includes a buffet meal in a dining room with an outdoor patio. Staff only once had to go over and tell someone to put their mask on when they went near the food to load up a plate, the staff member moved pretty quick and was fairly stern and the poor guest I think honestly had just forgotten since he looked surprised, let out an expletive, and frantically search his pocket for his mask.

Over all my week down here has been pretty good. Weather has been great which has made personally keeping a mask on easier. Most guests have been good at both parks with following guidelines. That said, Disney has been slammed some days and distancing is a thing of the past, be ready for people right next to you, even at Universal if it’s busy.

We just got back as well, Spent a couple days plus a horror night. Vaccine cards checked every time. I don't know how much they were paying attention, but they were checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter