Anyone Game? It’s my Sep 2013 Blog! I'm home; with a TR link in #1189, 10/14

PIO+ I thought that the first set of fireworks pics were great but that second set was stunning! You are gifted!

If they are every Friday in July, that explains why they were going on two weekends in a row. There are no random weekend firework displays here in Vegas. Fireworks just look so much better over the water, which I am sure you've noticed.

Or with a castle in the background! :goodvibes

PIO+ I thought that the first set of fireworks pics were great but that second set was stunning! You are gifted!

Thanks Nancy! I have to thank the other wonderful photographers on the photo subforum. I've learnt from them!

Or with a castle in the background! :goodvibes

Thanks Nancy! I have to thank the other wonderful photographers on the photo subforum. I've learnt from them!

Maybe I should join that forum also... But I can hardly keep up with the ones I am a part of now....

It's An Actual Planning Post - first rough dates!

It eventually had to happen. I knew I couldn't just keep this thread completely off-topic for long. But really, I guess I should think about some basic planning posts so that I get to keep this thread active on the PTR section of the boards.

This trip for me is all about DisMeets. At this stage, it would seem like I have potential Dismeets in DLR, WDW and if I go to NY; in NY.

The Gamers planning on going to WDW have been having some discussions about dates and I think we're almost settled on being in WDW somewhere from after the start of October through to however long the individual gamers want to stay for.

I had thought that maybe I could head over to NY after WDW to see the start of the fall colours but if I did that, DS would need to be out of school for 2 weeks. I guess that as this trip really is about the DisMeets, seeing the full colour Mother Nature palette can wait till another trip.

So...my dates are looking like this:

21 Sep - arrive LA and head to DLR. I tend to stay off-site at DLR.

24 or 25 Sep - LA to NYC. Anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in NYC?

~ 29 or 30 Sep - NYC to MCO. DH and I would like to take DS to UA between 30 Sep to around 2 Oct. I figure he'd enjoy the rides there and DH and I will enjoy going back to WWoHP.

~ 2 Oct - WDW. I'm hoping to stay at BCV.

No later than 8 Oct - MCO to Hawaii. DH really doesn't know about Aulani and I'm pretty sure his idea of Hawaii is a chillax on the beach, shopping, Polynesian Cultural Centre, Pearl Harbour and did I mention chillax? I'm going to have to think about how I sell Aulani to him...if at all. Sometimes, it is better to know when not to start a debate.

No later than 11 Oct - head home

That would mean that we could be at WDW from 2 - 8 Oct. I think this timing would work for the other Gamers coming to the meet.

And it gives me some rough dates to play with.

princess::upsidedow

It's An Actual Planning Post - first rough dates!

It eventually had to happen. I knew I couldn't just keep this thread completely off-topic for long. But really, I guess I should think about some basic planning posts so that I get to keep this thread active on the PTR section of the boards.

This trip for me is all about DisMeets. At this stage, it would seem like I have potential Dismeets in DLR, WDW and if I go to NY; in NY.

The Gamers planning on going to WDW have been having some discussions about dates and I think we're almost settled on being in WDW somewhere from after the start of October through to however long the individual gamers want to stay for.

I had thought that maybe I could head over to NY after WDW to see the start of the fall colours but if I did that, DS would need to be out of school for 2 weeks. I guess that as this trip really is about the DisMeets, seeing the full colour Mother Nature palette can wait till another trip.

So...my dates are looking like this:

21 Sep - arrive LA and head to DLR. I tend to stay off-site at DLR.

24 or 25 Sep - LA to NYC. Anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in NYC?

~ 29 or 30 Sep - NYC to MCO. DH and I would like to take DS to UA between 30 Sep to around 2 Oct. I figure he'd enjoy the rides there and DH and I will enjoy going back to WWoHP.

~ 2 Oct - WDW. I'm hoping to stay at BCV.

No later than 8 Oct - MCO to Hawaii. DH really doesn't know about Aulani and I'm pretty sure his idea of Hawaii is a chillax on the beach, shopping, Polynesian Cultural Centre, Pearl Harbour and did I mention chillax? I'm going to have to think about how I sell Aulani to him...if at all. Sometimes, it is better to know when not to start a debate.

No later than 11 Oct - head home

That would mean that we could be at WDW from 2 - 8 Oct. I think this timing would work for the other Gamers coming to the meet.

And it gives me some rough dates to play with.

princess::upsidedow

Sounds like a good plan and you will be there for the F&WF around the first week in October... which will make BCV hard to get. Any of the EPCOT resorts will be booked fast.

Sounds like a good plan and you will be there for the F&WF around the first week in October... which will make BCV hard to get. Any of the EPCOT resorts will be booked fast.

BUT, If a BCV owner who has been saving her points books a 2 bdrm lock off at 11 months, it could work. Only problem is how to.work out check in. I wonder if they would let you check in PIO while we are flying. :scratchin

BUT, If a BCV owner who has been saving her points books a 2 bdrm lock off at 11 months, it could work. Only problem is how to.work out check in. I wonder if they would let you check in PIO while we are flying. :scratchin

Yes... I did that last year with friends on mine and they checked in just fine without me there, now their names were on the ressie...

Yes... I did that last year with friends on mine and they checked in just fine without me there, now their names were on the ressie...

OK Good to know, did they pick up all the keys or just their keys. I would have all five of our names on the reservation, Fran and I would be in the 1 br and PIO and her family in the studio. On the days when we were having the BBQ or friends were gathering, we could open the door, and days we were doing separate stuff, we would still have our own rooms. It would just mean that we wouldn't have to take and elevator and walk down a hall to meet up or worse yet, carry a tray of marinating swordfish or steaks! :rotfl: If Dana can come, she can bake her cake in our oven.

If Fran needs a nap, she can always go in the bedroom and close the door (she is asleep in our room right now as I type this!)

OK Good to know, did they pick up all the keys or just their keys. I would have all five of our names on the reservation, Fran and I would be in the 1 br and PIO and her family in the studio. On the days when we were having the BBQ or friends were gathering, we could open the door, and days we were doing separate stuff, we would still have our own rooms. It would just mean that we wouldn't have to take and elevator and walk down a hall to meet up or worse yet, carry a tray of marinating swordfish or steaks! :rotfl: If Dana can come, she can bake her cake in our oven.

If Fran needs a nap, she can always go in the bedroom and close the door (she is asleep in our room right now as I type this!)

They just picked up their keys, we did have one minor problem with the charging, all the key were loaded with my CC so I had to take them all back and have them redone, without charging allowed on our friends card.

Thanks for the heads-up....:rolleyes1

:banana: :banana: :banana:

It is so nice to have DisFriends that are AWESOME!

Brandi - This information is also INVALUABLE! It's nice to know that two check-in dates can be done by Disney.

Alison - are you doing a DP or going OOP? DH and I were thinking that we would need to look at the sums of where we want to eat and figure it out. Do you or Brandi know if there will be a problem if one of the two rooms are DP and the other OOP?

In any event, we're pretty flexible either way.

They just picked up their keys, we did have one minor problem with the charging, all the key were loaded with my CC so I had to take them all back and have them redone, without charging allowed on our friends card.

Hmmmm. DH and I have traditionally set up charging back to our KTTW everytime we've gone. If there is going to be a recurring minor problem, we can always think about using CC for payments. It does, however, defeat the purpose of a very convenient KTTW as a one stop-card for everything.

But again...no biggie. We're flexible either way.

Thanks for all the great information ladies! Much appreciated. :goodvibes

Brandi - This information is also INVALUABLE! It's nice to know that two check-in dates can be done by Disney.

Alison - are you doing a DP or going OOP? DH and I were thinking that we would need to look at the sums of where we want to eat and figure it out. Do you or Brandi know if there will be a problem if one of the two rooms are DP and the other OOP?

Hmmmm. DH and I have traditionally set up charging back to our KTTW everytime we've gone. If there is going to be a recurring minor problem, we can always think about using CC for payments. It does, however, defeat the purpose of a very convenient KTTW as a one stop-card for everything.

We will probably set it up so that we are checking in on the same day. It would be difficult to make it work otherwise, but we may need to tweak the KTTW stuff on the second day.

I finally checked and the 2nd is a Wednesday which makes it our supposed ideal flying day. Fran thinks that we should fly on Wednesday because then we can go to band the night before, but she doesn't take into account that I like to have the suitcases packed two nights before we are ready to go so that I can put them into the car the day before we go. As a result the night before we are leaving, I am packing the suitcases with we clothes and at 1AM I am putting them in the car, usually I get to sleep around 2 or 3 AM and she wakes me up at 4AM so we can finish HER packing at 5-6AM. I want to be on the road at 6AM and by 7:30 we are finally on the road. Our flight is usually at 8:30 or 9:AM so by this point I'm having a coronary! And we think this is vacation. She wonders why I am always pushing her to pack early. I sometimes wish she would read these TRs!

We will probably set it up so that we are checking in on the same day. It would be difficult to make it work otherwise, but we may need to tweak the KTTW stuff on the second day.

I finally checked and the 2nd is a Wednesday which makes it our supposed ideal flying day. Fran thinks that we should fly on Wednesday because then we can go to band the night before, but she doesn't take into account that I like to have the suitcases packed two nights before we are ready to go so that I can put them into the car the day before we go. As a result the night before we are leaving, I am packing the suitcases with we clothes and at 1AM I am putting them in the car, usually I get to sleep around 2 or 3 AM and she wakes me up at 4AM so we can finish HER packing at 5-6AM. I want to be on the road at 6AM and by 7:30 we are finally on the road. Our flight is usually at 8:30 or 9:AM so by this point I'm having a coronary! And we think this is vacation. She wonders why I am always pushing her to pack early. I sometimes wish she would read these TRs!

I'll aim for the 2nd but I think my plans might need some tweaking still.

Thanks for the heads-up....:rolleyes1

:banana: :banana: :banana:

It is so nice to have DisFriends that are AWESOME!

If it is on one reservation everyone has to do the same thing... If there are different reservations than it can be different.

We are looking into flying in on the 2nd as well.

Nice plans, DL, NYC, WDW and Aulani! I agree I think you need to stop and relax at Aulani too.

If you folks want one of the DDPs then we will need to book a separate studio and one bedroom not guaranteeing we will be anywhere near each other. That's OK, if you want a dining plan that's fine. We just can't eat that much. We usually split a dessert IF we order them, so the DDP makes no sense for us, the only way it would work is if we planned to eat at a buffet every night and have our breakfast and lunch at at CS and we would split both meals. We don't usually eat three big meals a day, splitting to CS meals for breakfast and lunch and having a TS for dinner would be three big meals a day.

We normally start with a yogurt or English Muffin for breakfast, a larger meal at lunch and a fairly reasonable dinner, Disney meals are way larger than we ever plan on eating at home, so we usually split them. I don't know how people eat on the dining plan! I would never eat that much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter