anyone feel as blessed as I do?

And you really expect me to believe that, huh?! Andy, you need to come up with a better answer..........

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
And you really expect me to believe that, huh?! Andy, you need to come up with a better answer..........

Rae

Rae,

Hazel here, Andy is telling you the truth, he made me get up out of my comfortable chair and admit that he and Angelina were done eating and waiting for me to finish. Did Andy tell you, since it was his birthday, I had to wait on him? I bet he didn't tell you that though, did he?

Hazel

Hazel, I believe you!!!

He's a real scamp, isn't he?!

I think we need to evaluate the "post surgery recovering wife" vs the "shrimp stealing birthday boy" here!!!!

I'm with the "PSR wife", by the way!

Rae

Rae -

Hey, Andy, from the picture, it sure looks like my gal pal Hazel is the blessed one - she's the one with food in front of her!!!

That's not food in front of her. It's fruit. And according to Verandah Man food = shrimp! Everything else is merely a condiment...

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Rae -

That's not food in front of her. It's fruit. And according to Verandah Man food = shrimp! Everything else is merely a condiment...

Right on, Buckaroo's Dad!!!

I have certainly been thinking also of Laci Petersen's family and their suffering and pain. How terrible for Laci to lose her life that way, but especially I feel sorrow for that poor innocent little baby boy who will never take a breath, possibly due to his own father's selfishness. I pray for that whole family and hope their pain is quickly replaced by happy memories of Laci when she was happiest. Hope you Easter was a happy, healthy one!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Thanks!!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!!

Love those smileys!!!

Andy

Verandah Man, I am VERY impressed that you are already over 1000 posts when you just registered a few months ago!!!! Good job!!!

I wake up every morning thanking God that my kids, my wife and I have our health, everyone gets along, and my wife and I both have jobs that allow us to even consider a Disney Cruise (which we'll be boarding June 12th, by the way).

People who really are blessed should take a few minutes to consider that instead of worrying about who gets the biggest piece of the cheese in the rat race. I think my signature says it all for me!!

Jeanne434...I missed this post since I was in sunny Florida when you posted it and I just got to reading it now.

Thank You for such an inspiring post. I also feel very blessed. Yeah, some people have more than us, but there are alot more people who have much, much less.

I feel blessed that we just celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary last week and have 2 healthy children. We have a roof over our head, we each have jobs, food on the table and we have the luxury of vacationing. As another poster said, we get upset when they act like kids. Thanks for putting that in perspective. Next time I feel my blood pressure rising, I'll remind myself of that.

Joanna

Sorry to dig this up but I feel the need to say I'm blessed too.

Yep, we have our up and downs in life but I have a Wonderful Happy, Healthy family and I am so grateful for that. To me, that's most important in life. I'd live in a car for them if I had to.

Also I wanted to say Rae (I know I've PM'd you before about this) what you have been through as far as losing a child has had to have been unimaginable pain. You have such a positive attitude and I enjoy reading all your posts. You've been through Hell yet you always put a smile on my face with your uplifiting spirit.

Thanks Jeanne434 for your inspiring post that puts everything in perspective:) Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Debbie

Thank you for your kind words, DreaminDisney -

I never feel sorry for myself for the situations/challenges that my life has seen - I feel that they have made me a stronger person and I am grateful for the lessons I've learned through them.

I am a flawed person and can point out my weaknesses quicker than anyone can - "intolerance for people who whine and complain about that which cannot be changed" is my biggest one.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be the one who raised Kayla for those 7 years, that I refuse to submit to a "pity party" because she has returned Home. Miss her? Oh yes! Weep at times? Of course! But I have never regretted one minute of the opportunity to have had her in my life!

Yes, I am blessed - being surrounded with family, friends and the abundance that hard, honest labor and positive attitude that enjoying life can bring.

It's there for all of us to find - let's find the joy today together!

God bless you, DreaminDisney and all who are part of our world,

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Thank you for your kind words, DreaminDisney -

I never feel sorry for myself for the situations/challenges that my life has seen - I feel that they have made me a stronger person and I am grateful for the lessons I've learned through them.

I am a flawed person and can point out my weaknesses quicker than anyone can - "intolerance for people who whine and complain about that which cannot be changed" is my biggest one.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be the one who raised Kayla for those 7 years, that I refuse to submit to a "pity party" because she has returned Home. Miss her? Oh yes! Weep at times? Of course! But I have never regretted one minute of the opportunity to have had her in my life!

Yes, I am blessed - being surrounded with family, friends and the abundance that hard, honest labor and positive attitude that enjoying life can bring.

It's there for all of us to find - let's find the joy today together!

God bless you, DreaminDisney and all who are part of our world,

Rae

Very well said Rae, this being Father's Day, and a father who has buried two of his presious angels, I agree that through these situations, I have grown stronger and have a deeper appreciation for the soon to be teenager I have at home.

The Father's Day card Angelina gave me this morning, brought tears to my eyes.

Happy Father's Day to All!!!

Dearest Rae and all DIS boarders:

Yes, you are blessed.

We are blessed for all we have had, and the time we've had with those we've lost.

We are blessed for the things we do.

We are blessed for the people we do them with.

We are blessed for BD's humour, for it could make a morgue worker giggle.

We are blessed for Andy's shrimp, and because he will turn 50 before Rae does!

I am blessed because I get to watch my wife shop in the most exotic places.

I am blessed because I called my Dad today and got to tell him I love him.

Life is not about getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got. (Ok. I stole that last bit from Sheryl Crow, but plagiarism seems to be all the rage.)

I have to add:
Happy Dad's Day to all the Dad's!!
I too am feeling very blessed right now for some wonderfully understanding parents who a letting me follow my crazy dream and not lecturing me about leaving a job and not having a new one lined up in the current economy. But allowing me to try to find a way to make it in Florida, so I can be here in the winters when they are also here.

While I always try to count my blessings, it is especially important to us these days. Within the last month, we have lost another NC Highway Patrolman, who was parked in his patrol car, during a routine traffic stop, along the side of the highway & a tractor-trailer smashed into the vehicle, causing instant death. My dh is a state Trooper and this is the 2nd coworker that has died in our area, with the same type of accident, and within a 2 year period of time. The last Trooper, Anthony Cogdill, that just passed, left behind a 3 yr. old son, Cody. And, I know that he probably didn't have a very good Father's Day yesterday. :( Please pray for this family, and for our law enforcement that protects us every day.

We are so grateful for every day that we have together as a family. The little things in life are just icing on the cake. God is good! :)

Disneyfan551 - that is so tragic about the NC HP - there is no excuse! Indiana actually made it a law that when you see the "flashing lights" you have to go to the left lane, if it is safe to do so.

Law enforcement has it hard enough without having people trying to "dust off" the smokey's hat. Sick game for sick minds.

Rae

thanks rae519... we do have the "pull over" law here in NC, it went into effect last year. However, I would say less than 10% of the population know about it. We are in a very mountainous area, and the roads just aren't very safe. There are troopers wives that are just now starting a project, working with the government, trying to figure out how to "fix" things. Who knows what, if anything, will happen. It's just so scary to know that any day your dh may not come home... :(

Live each day like it's your last - because you never know the place and time.

Rae

Originally posted by jgalecpa
Dearest Rae and all DIS boarders:

Yes, you are blessed.

We are blessed for all we have had, and the time we've had with those we've lost.

We are blessed for the things we do.

We are blessed for the people we do them with.

We are blessed for BD's humour, for it could make a morgue worker giggle.

We are blessed for Andy's shrimp, and because he will turn 50 before Rae does!

I am blessed because I get to watch my wife shop in the most exotic places.

I am blessed because I called my Dad today and got to tell him I love him.

Life is not about getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got. (Ok. I stole that last bit from Sheryl Crow, but plagiarism seems to be all the rage.)

That was beautiful and eloquent!

I am so glad that I called my Dad so often that he once said, "Do you have stock in the phone company?" because now, I can't. He was more than a step-father to me for 25 years, he was my advisor, mentor and biggest fan.
I am so very glad that I learned so much from him and could appreciate him more each of those years - he was a man every child could love, every teenager could enjoy and every adult be proud of.

But he didn't eat shrimp....

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter