Anyone ever have luck arranging this?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever started out in a 2BR, then changed to a 1BR (because a few guests leave) but managed to stay in the same 1BR without a move? If so, was it pure luck or were you actually able to book it that way?

This would be in January, if that makes a difference in the chances of it happening. Just curious if anyone has ever been able to do this scenario.

TIA! :)

Has anyone ever started out in a 2BR, then changed to a 1BR (because a few guests leave) but managed to stay in the same 1BR without a move? If so, was it pure luck or were you actually able to book it that way?

This would be in January, if that makes a difference in the chances of it happening. Just curious if anyone has ever been able to do this scenario.

TIA! :)
I've gone from a 1 BR to a 2 BR and stayed in the same unit. I've also gone from a 1 BR on cash to a 1 BR on points and also stayed in the same unit. I had to check in again on the changeover day though.

I've gone from a 1 BR to a 2 BR and stayed in the same unit. I've also gone from a 1 BR on cash to a 1 BR on points and also stayed in the same unit. I had to check in again on the changeover day though.
It's good to know that somebody has indeed switched between a 1BR and 2BR without a move. I was afraid that it would be out of the question. I've also done the part points/part cash stay and stayed in the same unit, but obviously not the 1BR/2BR scenario.

Thanks, Dean! Anyone else ever do this?

We have done this several times at OKW. We made the ressies and had them linked. In fact, we have gone from a studio for one night to a 2 bedroom lock off for 5 nights and down to the 1 bedroom portion for another 5 nights, all in the same trip without moving units. We actually have done this twice. The first time, it wasn't even a linked ressie. These have all been at OKW, and we mentioned it when checking in. You do have to check in at each ressie, but we were always able to keep the unit.

It's good to know that somebody has indeed switched between a 1BR and 2BR without a move. I was afraid that it would be out of the question. I've also done the part points/part cash stay and stayed in the same unit, but obviously not the 1BR/2BR scenario.

Thanks, Dean! Anyone else ever do this?
It's to DVC's advantage as they don't have to do the same cleaning or in many cases, any cleaning for this situation.

Interesting. I tried to do something similar for my October trip. 6 days in a 2bedroom with 3 additional in a studio. But I ran into a snag.

My 2bedroom is a dedicated at SSR. I'm paying cash for the 6th night and linking the ressie. But when I called to add on the studio for points (and change the dedicated to a lockoff), Member services told me they do not rent out the lockoff 2bedrooms. Only dedicated 2beds go for cash. So they can't link my studio ressie to my 2bedroom but requested they are in the same building at least.

My May stay I went from points to cash to points for my entire 8 day 1bedroom stay. Everything was linked so no checking in or out. They even arranged housekeeping to better fit an 8 day stay (full cleaning on Day 4 and T&T on Day 8). That is how housekeeping likes to rearrange it, I was told.

Thanks, everyone. We're still settling our plans, but I'm glad to know this is an option (based on availability of course). I appreciate your replies.

We've gone from a studio to a 2-bedroom lock-off at SSR and stayed in the same.

Yes, I've done this very easily at OKW. The two separate reservations were linked when I booked through MS, and I verified at check in that we wouldn't have to move (it really IS to their advantage to not have to clean the 1 BR if we had to move, so it's a win/win situation). I was even offered several choices of 2 BRs. As said before, I did have to go to the front desk and check out/check in on paper when our friends left the studio and we just had the 1 BR.

I have done this at SSR. A friend came to visit for the first two nights, then left us for the remainder of our stay. We asked members services for a 2 bedroom for the two nights, and then a one bedroom. I also asked if it could be a lockout, so I wouldn't have to move.

Everything went smoothly, and my friend (who got there hours before us), was able to access the whole room and put the groceries away! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter