Anyone ever been to Grand Ballroom for Thanksgiving?

milestogo

Disneyland Local
We have reservations for Thanksgiving for the Grand Ballroom at the DL hotel. I'm wondering if anyone has ever been there for the event and how it is? How is the food? music? character interactions? how long can you sit and eat?

milestogo said:
We have reservations for Thanksgiving for the Grand Ballroom at the DL hotel. I'm wondering if anyone has ever been there for the event and how it is? How is the food? music? character interactions? how long can you sit and eat?

smart move milestogo :thumbsup2 I absolutely love it when Ive been able to go to the GB for a special meal....the food is fabulous and there is tons and tons of it..they have stuff like turkey with gravy, ham, beef, big shrimp, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, salads and a crepe station, fresh bread, pastries, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, tarts, cookies, chocolate mousse, ice cream and fresh fruit. they also havespecial buffet for children and serve macaroni and cheese, pizza, hamburgers and a build-your-own sundae station.
..music huh? now your gonna make me lose my mind trying to think about the music...in all the times Ive gone, for the life of me I cant remember sheesh....character interactions have always been good..we've had all the typical characters plus some that you dont always see alot of except in parades like some of the dwarfs, capt hook and peter pan, mary poppins.they decorate the room up fabulously...I really dont see there being a problem with length and time of how long you sit and eat...we've stayed there for at least 2 hours at times...your gonna love it :goodvibes

We have also loved it. It is expensive, but worth it. The food is very good and the characters are great. We usually go with a family of 14, so it takes awhile to get in, and if you want to order wine and such, do it at the beginning because sometimes it will take awhile. Otherwise have a great time.

Thanks so much for the info. They told me it would be live music, but they didn't know what kind. Yes, it is expensive, so I wondered if it was worth it. There are only 3 of us this year for T-day so, we thought for what we'd pay for the food and cooking time, we'd pay the same for dinner out (no leftovers though!)
Thanks again for the great info.

Milestogo!! Thank you! We would also reserve the Thanksgiving Dinner at the Grand Ballroom. Is nicer to know what will going to expect, since we did it just like you...

We have been couple of times and will be there this year too.

The Live Music is usually someone playing the piano-disney classic music. We have also been and had singers, harpist, and maybe a trio of musicians. Always nice low key kinda music.

The Character's are awesome!!! They rotate and you can take pictures with them at about three areas. We watched when no one was there and took all of ours with no wait time.

My DS enjoys watching the fruit carvers. They make flowers out of food or fruits and also carve other things into watermelons etc.

Be sure to not eat much all day. They have the best food!!!

No they usually have an area set up at the end of the ballroom and have the characters rotate....I think there are usually three stations. They have them decorated for fall with corn stalks, fences and pumpkins. It is very cute!

It would be hard for the characters to make it around to each table though with everyone going to different sections of the ballroom to get food to eat. The food is spread out as well....salad/cheese/fruit area and hot food area and then desserts area but there is plenty and it is kinda nice to walk a bit between courses!!!!!

I was wondering the same thing about the characters. I'm so appreciative of your suggestions everyone, we are getting so excited. Get past Halloween tomorrow and then count the days till the food fest. My DS is a vegetarian, so it works great for her as well as the rest of us.

Happy Halloween to everyone!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful time at the Dinner. I know my family willl enjoy it and be stuffed!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter