Anyone else think Crystal Palace dinner has gone downhill?

We also have a PS for my birthday on the 25th! Well, we always wanted to try it! :hyper:

anitongue.gif

We ate at CP for the first time in '99. Then again last summer (August). We loved it. My dh, who is somewhat picky, really loved it. In fact, it was one of the few places he really wants to go back to next month. Loved the offerings. Service was wonderful and we saw all the characters over and over. In fact, we started avoiding Tigger at one point!!!! Yep, we love it there!!

Thanks for all the feedback, I think the overall consensus is that it has gone downhill in most of the poster's opinions. We will keep rechecking reviews before our next trip because that time we will be paying for the kids too.

Just got back today!! Saturday was a nightmare at the Magic Kingdom! Went to Epcot in the morning and the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon since we had reservations at the Crystal Palace for Dinner. The food was wonderful!!! The Salmon, Roasted pulled pork, Prime Rib, and all those wonderful desserts!! I have to admit that I have never been to the Crystal Palace other than dinner, so I cannot comment on the breakfast or lunch, but I can tell you the Crystal Palace is the best place for dinner!!! Hands Down!!!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

To A & Ds Mom and anyone else who has a positive review of the CP for dinner recently: About what time were your dinner reservations?

I actually wanted a 5:30 pm reservation, but none was available, so we had a 4:20 pm reservation, which worked out perfectly so we could go back to Epcot and see the fireworks!!! I have had later dinner seatings at 8:00 pm, which was great because we had an excellent view for the fireworks at 9:00 pm.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

We have always loved CP. It's Chef Mickey's that has been a dissapointment. Twice! Maybe we will try it for breakfast. We will still be going to CP on our next trip as this is one of or favs.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

And we thought it was great. MUCH better than Chef Mickey's, which we had the next night. There was lot of variety, and things were fresh and hot. Kitchen folks were constantly replenishing items. We will definitely eat here again.

I agree with another poster, try it for yourself. You never know, a restaurant with the worst reviews may turn out to be your personal favorite!

I ate lunch at Crystal Palace last February for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the characters. Although my table contained all adults, we got lots of attention and saw all the characters at least twice. I personally loved the food selections. They were hot and tasty. The chicken in a basil cream sauce was memorable as was the cornbread (different menu than currently). However, my son and daughter-in-law were less thrilled. My son had several things from the kids selections because he didn't care for the "foo-foo" food on the "grown-ups" buffet. Based on our experience, I'm guessing that people who are less pleased with Crystal Palace probably prefer plain food and I would have to agree that I didn't see a lot of that on the buffet. Try it, you might like it!

Sondra :earsgirl:

I would partially agree with the last post. It was a lot of froo froo food and very little options if you like plain old comfort food. Im ok with the gourmet stuff if its good but some of was ruined by trying to make it too pretty with colorful seasonings in my opinion. I didnt notice much on the kids section when we were there but chicken strips and mac and cheese.

We went to CP on 9/30 and I thought it was as good as the last time that I went.

We originally had a 5:30 PS but needed to change it to 7:00. (I couldn't get back to the park in time to make the first PS, Buying a house in FL is a unique experience compared to MA)

Was seated within 5 minutes, the food was hot and fresh. The kitchen was still putting out fresh food at 8:00 (park closing time) and no one was rushing us to finish. Our server kept a constant supply of Iced Tea comming to the table, the meats were great, moist and delicious. The salmon was also so moist, it was delightful.

Going back in Decembeer and CP is defantely on the PS list.

We love Crystal Palace for both Breakfast & Dinner. On our trip 2-3 weeks ago - we ate there once for each meal & we were very happy with our experiences there. We had lots of character interaction, great service & delicious food.

The two of us have been going every year since 2000 & never miss an opportunity to eat at the Crystal Palace. We haven't noticed any decline in the food quality or selection over the years. Other family members that travel to WDW (but, not with us) also rave about the Crystal Palace. We've actually always thought that CP's dinner was much better than Chef Mickey's & we'll only go to breakfast at Chef Mickey's now.

I think all restaurants can have bad spells with food or service. But, we have always had a great time here & never had a complaint about anything at the CP. Just my 2 cents! :)

Our PS was for 5:40 on a Monday night. My parents PS was at 5:00 on a Tuesday. Both good experiences.

I will be ringing today for a PS for my son's 1st birthday lunch. I can't think of a better place to be for his birthday. For us, it is just as much about the characters as the food and I don't think there has ever been a place on property I had to walk out of/ couldn't eat it. Not to mention how excited my other 2 kids are about it, and the great view out of the windows, the beautiful setting ...
You can't put me off people (although I promise to write an honest review come January)
Much love and pixie dust,
Claire

Just ate there on 9/28 for breakfast. We always eat there our first morning, part of our Disney tradition. We thought it was as good as ever. I particularly loved the breakfast lasagna, which was just amazing, sweet and gooey!
I really loved seeing my son's face. He just turned one on 9/20. This was his first trip to Disney, and his first character meal. It was priceless to see him and his dad march around the room with Pooh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter