Anyone else think Crystal Palace dinner has gone downhill?

luvitmoreachtime

Mouseketeer
my husband and I ate dinner at Crystal Palace in 99 on our honeymoon and remember the food was incredible and wonderful desserts. We just got back yesterday and thought the dinner was not just worse but we thought it was lousy. Im not a picky eater and still had a hard time finding anything I liked about it. Some of the food was cold and the choices were slim. This was at 5:20 so dinner had just started so the selection should have been huge. We had Chef Mickey's dinner last year and thought the selection was lousy and raved to our family about CP and now have had to tell them that we thought this was lousy too.
Anyone else think so?

never a problem and we eat there every summer and every xmas season

I agree that Crystal Palace has gone down. Been going there for years and I kinda think the whole place has gone down food wise.

So in general I guess its still pretty good comapred to the other selections.

Doug

Anyone else been there recently? I am really waffling on this PS. I have seen several negative reviews of CP recently and I'm wondering if we should plan on another dinner location. Thanks!

We just ate there THIS MORNING and I agree that it has in fact gone downhill. We arrived at 8:30 for our PS and were seated very shortly. The server seemed to have too many tables to attend to, so I didn't think that the service was too good, although she was very nice when we saw her Food choices were typical buffet fare, although I do love the puffed french toast :) Characters didn't even make it the whole way around... by the time we were done eating only Pooh had been to our table. I know we won't be going back on our next trip. Too bad, this was a last day tradition for our family.

We were there on 9/16 for lunch, and we thought that it was as good as ever. Delicious food, good service, and plenty of character interaction. Maybe we just got lucky, but I do not think that CP has gone downhill.

If you are going off season and the characters are easy to see anyway, I wouldnt waste the money on dinner. I will try breakfast next time at Chef Mickey's (we didnt like their dinner either but have heard that breakfast was awesome). I really dont think that the dinner was worth $20 plus dollars. Plus if you are doing it for the characters, it never fails that they will appear when you have a mouth full of food, lol

I have to agree. CP has always been one of our favorites, but the last two times, I thought some of the selections were odd & it just did't seem as well cared for. The renovation has made the building look great, but I can't say the same for the food. I can remember a few years back having wonderful pencil thin asparagus, yummy pork loin and fresh desserts. Now everything seems to be on the spicey or exotic side, and not even good at that! It'll be awhile before we head back.

I ate there this past Thursday9/30 and it was NASTY ! We had to go and eat after whe where there cause it was gross. I had raved to my family about how great it was . I go at least 1-2 times a year and always eat tehre at least 2 times. Of course I always do breakfast , so maybe that was it . The food was nasty really I was thinking maybe they changed Chef's.

This is sad to hear. Our dinner at CP during our Dec 2001 trip was one of our favorites. We thought the food was varied and good and the characters were really fun.

Can anyone tell me what specifically is going on with the food these days? Are the problems more that the selection of food is weird or not liked? Or is the problem the quality of the food offered not being good?

Just wondering... I was about to make PS for CP dinner for our upcoming trip, but may have to reconsider....

I belive its the quality of food. You get the impression that it was fixed that morning and kept in warmers all day or something. Its just not what you would expect for the price and the reputation CP use to have.

This has really allcome about in the past 2 years. We use to love going to CP too. But now if we go it will only be for breakfast.

Doug

i dont think i would let the different opinions of things stop me from going somewhere or trying something, i know people who send food back to the kitchen or complain about it EVERYTIME they eat out, i know people who hardly ever go anywhere to eat twice because it was just "horrible". i know people who go to Ocean City MD. and complain and switch rooms constantly because they arent clean enough, HELLO, its almost impossible to keep sand out, and that is what the beef is. someone else takes Lysol with them on vacation and does a LEVEL 1 decontamination of the whole room before they let anyone touch anything. so go, eat up, if you dont like it so what your out 50 or 60 bucks but if you rely on someone you dont even know you may be missing something good.

Went to CP on 9/27 for dinner & loved it!! We were seated w/in 5 min & the food was great. My favs were the pasta dish & Salmon. My husband loved the roasted chicken & the carving stations. The desserts were good too. A & D loved the kid sized buffet. Every character made it to our table and our server made sure we had seen each one before we left. We recommended CP to my parents who went on 9/28 and agreed that the food was very good. We highly recommend the dinner buffet!!

We ate there last June for the first Time and were very happy with all the offerings. Food was fresh, quickly replenished and the characters were great. Keep in mind that this was 2 adukt travelers who try to eat low carb. We were completely satified and would go back there with no qualms. Additionally, we (my dad and me) are both good ccoks and eat out a lot. Buffets (at Disney, nowhere else) just work well for our low carb eating lifestyle.

We ate there for lunch (party of 10) for the first time last Christmas and we thought it was wonderful and will definitely do it again this year :)

Twinks

Hi
We ate here for Breakfest 9/17/04 around 10:15 and the characters were great much beter than the time we went in April 2004. One reason a lot less people on are 9/17 trip the food was good both times. And are trip in May 2003 the CS dinner was also good for us. Sorry you had a bad experience.

KELLY

My family had dinner at CP this past June and while I don't have a previous experience to compare to, we were very happy with the food there. There was a nice variety, and we left stuffed and satisfied. In fact, I just got my PS for NYE. I'm spending the last day of the year with my friends from the 100 Acre Wood. Woo-Hoo!!!

We ate at CP on our trip in August. We had an early seating (5:00) and the place was packed. Since dinner started at 4:30 (with people really sitting first about 4:40), the lines for the food were very long. That said, the food was pretty good and the selection was ample. The desserts were excellent. Once things started to slow down a little around 5:30, it became more enjoyable (I simply decided to wait to eat, rather than stand in long lines). I would eat here again.

We have a PS there for when we go and are hoping that we enjoy it. I'll be sure to post on how our experience was:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I hope if you didn't have a good experience you wrote WDW Dining and let them know. Otherwise things won't improve if no one voices any displeasure. Squeeky wheel thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter