Anyone else see the video of the grown man hitting Britney Spears in Vegas?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
Actually looks to me like he hit her with his forearm and she raised her hand to block but was no match for the force of the guys swing.

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
I'm sure it hurt and she was shocked. Brit has had a lot of hardships and I hope she's ok.

The silver lining is, hopefully, this will put those conspiracy theories on the internet that she's actually dead/being held hostage and replaced by a green screen/AI to bed...

I am on team Wemby for this one. She hit herself. She touched Wemby first, then the security guard did a standard security move to swat away someone reaching, and her hand rebounded into herself.. Even her own security team says that is what you do when someone touches your client.

I want to know why she was yelling in a fake British accent about "this f***ing America"

I think she was reckless. You just dont run up behind people and grab/touch them... that is exactly what security is for. Her own security detail would have done the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. also why does she have a closed fist in the pic?

She is still a hot mess, free or not, the mental illness is still there IMHO

1688984369165.png

The security guard didn't really look back so it's hard to say it was "intentional" ...seemed like an effort to keep her at a safe distance. Why was she following him in the first place? I'm thinking her security would do the same to me if I was chasing after her.

There is actually more to this story. TMZ did close-ups and slowed down the enlarged video.

(Warning: a swear word is heard near the beginning from Britney.)

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/07/britney-spears-slap-video-victor-wembanyama-vegas/

In the close up at the 40 second mark, and again at the 50 second mark with an even more slowed down and bigger close up, you could see that the security guard didn't really look back. His arm reached up and wound around and brushed away the hand that was tapping on his client's - back and away - as he was supposed to do.

Either he accidentally hit Britney or her own hand did as he moved her hand away. Her sunglasses clearly fell off.

Later, as both Wemby and Britney were sitting (separately) in the same restaurant, Catch, that they both were separately going to, and the guard was told it was Britney who got hit, the guard did come over and apologize to Britney. Even HER guards there said, he did exactly what he was trained to do AND what they would also would have done.

But, in photos of her sitting there, she wasn't accepting his apology.

After the police looked at the security video, they agreed that the guard didn't intend to hit Britney. She didn't fall down as she had claimed. For them, it was a non-starter. No charges against the guard were filed.

I want to know why she was yelling in a fake British accent about "this f***ing America"

She also ran up to him speaking in that British accent. That's why Wemby and the guards didn't know who she was. By various accounts of people close to Britney, and even some of her erratic Instagram videos, when Britney is in one of her mental illness phases and not taking her meds, she puts on a British accent. :(

They allegedly tried to stage an intervention a couple months ago to try to get her into a treatment center again. But, at the last minute, one person backed out, and it all fell apart.

All those people in the "Free Britney" movement who publicly pressured the judge to get her out of the conservatorship, and did so without even a mental evaluation did her no favors. :sad2:

The security guard did nothing wrong.
Brittany got her ego bruised.
Either she, or her entourage who were with her, should know better and not approach a celebrity from behind like that.

Mental illness is often chronic and a lifelong struggle.

Please speak more kindly of those dealing with this particular challenge.
I am well aware of the challenges of mental illness, my brother suffered from bipolar disorder and it eventually claimed his life. Not only did it make his life hell, but also affected everyone else in the family. Basically we were all victims in one way or another of his illness... so yes,I am very aware of the "lifelong" struggle mental illness can have as that was my entire childhood. He was 11 years older than me, and died by suicide when he was 36.

I apologize if what I said was offending to you. forgetting and talking of 'stars' like they are not real people. But I still think that although my 'Hot Mess" slang' was not polite... IMHO.... her metal illness, and her wealth combined with her new independence is a disaster waiting to happen. No more safety net.

IMHO.... her metal illness, and her wealth combined with her new independence is a disaster waiting to happen. No more safety net.

Not only that, but I think there is a huge elephant in the room that no one in the industry who knows her or knows of her is talking about. If you've ever seen interviews and particularly her Instagram, Britney seems to have the mental and emotional abilities of a fourteen year old.

I don't know if it's because of her mental illness or exacerbated by it, and like most people with mental illness, as she's gotten older, it's gotten worse. Being in a conservatorship had allowed her to be that age while giving her the ADULT supervision she very much needs.

I've seen a lot of the entertainment shows, Entertainment Tonight, TMZ Live, Access Hollywood, Extra, Live with Kelly and Ryan, where the various hosts start talking, non-scripted to each other about her situation, and after they mention her mental illness, they all pause with an unspoken part of the sentence, as if they are thinking, "and due to her mental capabilities as a fourteen year old. . ." but they each can't say that, as it's not public knowledge, as Britney nor her family have stated it. Yet, all insiders in the music industry and show biz community know it and have been respecting her privacy.

For decades, her dad served as her conservator AND as a much needed real adult in her life. (Regardless of how he may or may not have stole money from her.) He kept the fourteen year old in line, saved her life decades ago when she had her meltdown, and possibly kept her alive and on her meds under strict supervision and kept her on the straight and narrow.

Now, all of that is gone and she is now a fourteen year old, let loose, with a lot of money, fame, new independence, and a husband and security team who really aren't able to reign her in when she needs it. She doesn't HAVE to listen to any of them. She no longer HAS to take her meds.

In this Wemby situation, she was like a fourteen year old in a mall who spotted a shiny ball and went after it. Then she was way upset afterward when her hand was swatted away and she didn't get what she wanted. PERIOD.

We have always been team Britney in our house. We always felt sorry for her that she was under the strict rule of her dad - we thought he was taking advantage of her. She always seemed sympathetic and lucid when talking about how she wanted out from under her dads control.

Fast forward to present day. It is very evident from her IG videos that something is very wrong with her. Since gaining her freedom, it has become clear that she needed her dad (or another adult) in her life to protect her from herself. It is such a sad situation - one that I fear will not have a happy ending.

Don't forget that her dad was also continuing to make her perform to keep that cash rolling in. Maybe she needs some adult supervision, but not from him.
This is my thought. If you talk to a good lawyer, they will tell you that family is NOT a good conservator. I feel for her, I really do.

Silly me, I thought assault was only excused in self defense, but there seems to be a few exceptions.

I now can see that that the childhood game of "Stop hitting yourself," is a viable defense in Vegas as long as the person doing the hitting is in the orbit of an athlete or moneymaker and the person being hit is a female perceived to be "less than." I'll need to remember that.

Silly me, I thought assault was only excused in self defense, but there seems to be a few exceptions.

I now can see that that the childhood game of "Stop hitting yourself," is a viable defense in Vegas as long as the person doing the hitting is in the orbit of an athlete or moneymaker and the person being hit is a female perceived to be "less than." I'll need to remember that.
It looks to me like someone is putting their hands on another without permission and security is swiping that hand away. I don't know if security realized it was a female.

Would it be ok if I walk behind Britney and put my hand on her back to get her attention?

Looks like you're trying to be upset over I don't know what.

It looks to me like someone is putting their hands on another without permission and security is swiping that hand away. I don't know if security realized it was a female.

Would it be ok if I walk behind Britney and put my hand on her back to get her attention?

Looks like you're trying to be upset over I don't know what.
I agree. Security looks to be swiping her hand out of the way and she hits herself.

Plus, she has a small entourage of men with her. Presumably her Security, her husband and maybe friends? Victor’s Security has no way of knowing who all these people are bearing down on them. I don’t blame him.

Relax. You are making this into something it isn't.

A security team is there to defend a person against unwanted attention and assaults. She should be very familiar with how security has to move to defend and protect. She thought she was better than any other person approaching a protected individual and she was corrected not assaulted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter