Anyone else panicked about the flu?

troof

Earning My Ears
We spent the holidays mostly successfully dodging various family viruses including the flu. But alas my husband was confirmed with it today. Our trip begins January 28. I'm wondering if we should all just give him a kiss and get it over with. We've all been vaccinated but it isn't working on the strain going around now. We have a pieced together trip (2 days off-site, 2 days DVC, 1 day direct Disney) so I didn't buy insurance. Afraid that even if we make it to departure date, we will pick up something on the plane or on a ride and ruin the rest of the trip! Anyone have a way of coping with these phobias?

how has it gone so far? i know you're likely all there right now!

i just say - wear regular surgical masks when on planes/crowded/populated spaces until you get there... be extra diligent with hand washing and not touching your faces. The problem with the flu is that you don't have to have "dirty hands" to catch it. Someone coughs or sneezes one time in the same room as you... and you just need to breathe the air. so the masks should help for that! (its what we use working in hospitals).

good luck!

Grin & bear with it. We went down in Dec and stayed for about 9 days. We came down with a sore throat & sneezing the first 3 days. The rest of trip we both had bad head & chest colds. We did the best we could, made sure we washed our hands etc. Did what little we could at the parks & went back to resort to nap. We ended up leaving a day earlier(we drove) and was able to get our money back for that one day that we left ( on room only & the manager took pity on us. Besides they could sell it very quickly has they had a waiting list for people that live in the area so they told us.

Just be as careful as you can and try to drink orange juice and wash hands.

Hope your husband get better soon & the rest of family doesn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter