Anyone else old enough to remember the Electric Company?

Snoopymom

DIS Veteran
I've been getting the DVD's from Netflix. Amazon has them too. Ds is 8 yrs old and loves them, laughs at the quirky funny stuff, sings and reads along without getting frustrated because it's slow paced and repetitive. Plus I love Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby. :thumbsup2

It's amazing how tv has changed, so fast paced and slick now. It also really shows you how learning to read with site words, spelling words in Kindergarten, etc. is forced and rushed compared to.... :scared: 30 some years ago. I'd probably have an IEP if I was in school today.

Just thought I'd share. :goodvibes

Ah, those were the days. Only 7 channels to choose from (at least where I am) and UHF. Anyone remember UHF!? :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah, remember the schoolhouse rocks commercials that came on too? "Conjunction, junction, what's your function...hooking up words, phrases and clauses"

Oh yeah!! I also watched The New Zoo Review!! Loved them both!!

Ah, those were the days. Only 7 channels to choose from (at least where I am) and UHF. Anyone remember UHF!? :lmao: :lmao:

Youngster! When we got our first TV, there was only 1 channel in Houston. I remember the excitement when a second one and then a third was added.

My youngest memories are not of TV, but listening to Big John and Sparky, The Lone Ranger, Amos and Andy, and Fibber McGee and Molly on RADIO!

My kids were the Electric Company and Sesame Street generation!

I have to say I do remember the Electric Co and New Zoo Review was one of my favorites. I'm thinking this just makes me old LOL

I do remember Electric Company. And I used to have the complete Schoolhouse Rock on VCR tapes. My favorite show was Big Blue Marble.

This is jumping forward several years, but yesterday in the car for some reason we got started talking about animals driving. When I got home I went to youtube and found some videos of Toonces from Saturday Night Live. And along with that some videos of Mr. Bill. The kids were hysterical!

I remember the kids I babysat watching the Electric company! Now I feel old!

Talking about TV changing and being so fast paced, one of ds' favorite shows was Mr Roger's Neighborhood! He's ADHD, and the newer shows would just get him hyped up, while Mr Rogers was so calming to him!!!

Okay Piper you win! I give up. :)

Please add to the list of older TV shows my favorites: HR Puffinstuff, The Banana Splits and the Magic Garden. Jez, I loved those hippy ladies! :lmao:

And how many of us only know the Preamble when we sing it? :rolleyes1

Wasn't Electric Company the one with the two people that would say the beginning and end of a word? Uh, Like "Dis" "Ney" "Disney".

And the kids will sometimes watch Scooby Doo re-runs, they show them all the time on tv, and DH and I look at them now and say "wow, Shaggy is a total stoner". Never thought twice about it when we were kids.

I also remember watching Electric Company as a kid and School House Rock. I remember Morgan Freeman from the Electric Company as a kid and was shocked when I first saw him in a movie because I had associated him with the children's show. But speaking of School House Rock, they came out with a dvd with the songs about America and the government this week. We already had the dvd with them all and my kids watch them all the time.

Boy, do I remember that show and the New Zoo Review, but my favorite was Captain Kangaroo, I think cause he reminded me of my grandfather. I sure do miss the shows like this.

Suzanne

And for all you Chicago DISsers. . .Ray Rayner and Garfield Goose!!!!

Reading Rainbow
Captain Kangaroo
Paul Winchell's show
Billy Barty's circus show
Romper Room
Sheriff John
Beanie and Cecil
Micky Mouse Club
THE MONKEES:happytv:
Land of the Lost
Speed Racer
Gilligan's Island
Hobo Kelley

oh no wonder I am fat and lazy lol.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter